Thousands protest British PM Johnson's move to suspend parliament

rooster59

1 minute ago, juice777 said:

Not overturn it or not me anyway( or I didn't until Boris played this despicable card) I want to underline it with another referendum and a fair one where 16 and 17 years old can Vote on there future where we are free from Cambridge Analytica and Russian twitter bots or whatever they are called. And I don't believe the majority of people want Brexit especially now as the penny's are dropping and we are almost definitely heading for a No Deal and an economical crisis here, as the world is probably heading for a worldwide recession we will be the worst hit with Brexit in the Mix. You can't undermine democracy with more democracy, The majority of British people don't want this they don't want to be ruined and what are the Brexit Mob afraid of you know you will lose another referendum that's the beauty of democracy you can change your mind.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

well said Juice well said....

20 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Not overturn it or not me anyway( or I didn't until Boris played this despicable card) I want to underline it with another referendum and a fair one where 16 and 17 years old can Vote on there future where we are free from Cambridge Analytica and Russian twitter bots or whatever they are called. And I don't believe the majority of people want Brexit especially now as the penny's are dropping and we are almost definitely heading for a No Deal and an economical crisis here, as the world is probably heading for a worldwide recession we will be the worst hit with Brexit in the Mix. You can't undermine democracy with more democracy, The majority of British people don't want this they don't want to be ruined and what are the Brexit Mob afraid of you know you will lose another referendum that's the beauty of democracy you can change your mind.

Not overturn it or not me anyway( or I didn't until Boris played this despicable card) I want to underline it with another referendum and a fair one where 16 and 17 years old can Vote on there future where we are free from Cambridge Analytica and Russian twitter bots or whatever they are called.

You cannot have referendum after referendum because the result didn't go the way we would have wanted. As for wanting 16 and 17 year olds being allowed to vote, why stop there, get it down to 10 year olds. There must be a reason why the voting age is the way it is, do you honestly think that youngsters of that age are mature enough to make a decision on behalf of the country?

I think the skullduggery was the same on both sides, Cameron spending £9 million of tax payers money on propaganda leaflets. But we are were we are now, it is tomorrow that counts.

The majority of British people don't want this they don't want to be ruined and what are the Brexit Mob afraid of you know you will lose another referendum that's the beauty of democracy you can change your mind.

"The majority of British people don't want this they don't want to be ruined" that is over exaggeration at its finest, there may slight hiccups for a while, or maybe not, we are in unchartered waters, nobody knows.

There is no indication that the electorate have changed their minds and the only accurate statistics we have is the referendum result.

I think it would be safe to say though, is that most people have had enough of the whole debacle and just want it to be put to bed as soon as possible preferable with a fair deal, but seeing that looks highly unlikely it only leaves no-deal.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Have a look at their banners. They protest against Boris and Cummings shutting down parliament.

Do you think it's ok that Boris shuts down parliament for so long at such a critical time?

What would you think if Corbin would be PM and if he would shut down parliament to make sure he can do what he wants?

Of course this is also about Brexit, but the main thing here is that no political leader should shut down parliament to do something only he wants. The majority of Britons and the majority in Parliament are again No-Deal. No Deal is a catastrophe for the UK and anybody who even gambles with that catastrophe should not lead the country.

Rubbish.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

Not overturn it or not me anyway( or I didn't until Boris played this despicable card) I want to underline it with another referendum and a fair one where 16 and 17 years old can Vote on there future where we are free from Cambridge Analytica and Russian twitter bots or whatever they are called.

You cannot have referendum after referendum because the result didn't go the way we would have wanted. As for wanting 16 and 17 year olds being allowed to vote, why stop there, get it down to 10 year olds. There must be a reason why the voting age is the way it is, do you honestly think that youngsters of that age are mature enough to make a decision on behalf of the country?

I think the skullduggery was the same on both sides, Cameron spending £9 million of tax payers money on propaganda leaflets. But we are were we are now, it is tomorrow that counts.

The majority of British people don't want this they don't want to be ruined and what are the Brexit Mob afraid of you know you will lose another referendum that's the beauty of democracy you can change your mind.

"The majority of British people don't want this they don't want to be ruined" that is over exaggeration at its finest, there may slight hiccups for a while, or maybe not, we are in unchartered waters, nobody knows.

There is no indication that the electorate have changed their minds and the only accurate statistics we have is the referendum result.

I think it would be safe to say though, is that most people have had enough of the whole debacle and just want it to be put to bed as soon as possible preferable with a fair deal, but seeing that looks highly unlikely it only leaves no-deal.

The UK is not governed by referendums.; it is governed by parliamentary democracy. You can argue that Brexit is the will of the people but you cannot argue that parliamentary democracy is to be ignored in favour of a referendum.  Boris is attempting to bypass parliamentary democracy to force through a highly unpopular no-deal Brexit. That is where the constitutional crisis is coming from and will go more to undermine UK democracy than any new referendum ever will.   

This is what people are rightly protesting and should be something we all, Remainers and Leavers alike, get behind. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Not sure these 2,000 assorted anti-democracy protesters can trump the 17.4 million Brits that actually voted to leave in the referendum?

51,88% voted of A KIND OF LEAVE". So, if Boris the Dictator, with the Parliament away, decided, all who refuse HIS no deal LEAVE OR has to leave the UK, or will be executed, it is still the fulfilment of these 51,88 % as LEAVE = LEAVE ?

Or also listen also to the 48,11 % , just a negelectable minority ?

Edited by puipuitom
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, sungod said:

And 17.4 million ,the majority. The vote was leave or stay.

Does it come up at some Brexiteers, the next vote for the UK people is : WHICH LEAVE ?  Why for THIS question, the UK people have NO RIGHT to express ? How many flet swinddled, betrayed, false advised ? When this 350 mln/wk comes to the NHS ?

Why Scotland, N Ireland and Greater London should not be eallowed to leave the UK ands remain in the EU ?

At least in Parliament a NO DEAL was rejected overwhelmingly.  So, why to press on ?

Was on your ballet paper mentioned:  "and we do it for the entire UK, accept it, of leave the country "? 

bus 350 mln per wk.png

Brexit.jpg

british voting.jpg

• Sad 1

You cannot have a referendum after referendum because the result didn't go the way we would have wanted. As for wanting 16 and 17-year-olds being allowed to vote, why stop there, get it down to 10-year-olds. There must be a reason why the voting age is the way it is, do you honestly think that youngsters of that age are mature enough to make a decision on behalf of the country?
I think the skullduggery was the same on both sides, Cameron spending £9 million of taxpayers money on propaganda leaflets. But we are where we are now, it is tomorrow that counts.

"The majority of British people don't want this they don't want to be ruined" that is over-exaggeration at its finest, there may slight hiccups for a while, or maybe not, we are in unchartered waters, nobody knows.
There is no indication that the electorate has changed their minds and the only accurate statistics we have is the referendum result.
I think it would be safe to say though, is that most people have had enough of the whole debacle and just want it to be put to bed as soon as possible preferably with a fair deal, but seeing that looks highly unlikely it only leaves no-deal.

I don't want referendum after referendum I want one more to underline it as I said. The last one was built on lies and falsities and they haven't delivered what they promised.

Yes i do think 16 and 17 should have a right to Vote in this situation why not it's to competed for over 18s lol why not them as well they have more to lose than me and definitely more than some racest old git at the age of 70 who bought his council house and has a good pension probably wishes the world map was pink again.

"The majority of British people don't want this they don't want to be ruined" that is over exaggeration at its finest, there may slight hiccups for a while, or maybe not, we are in unchartered waters, nobody knows."

Nobody knows for sure but let's face it's a hell of more likely to happen than not and I reckon about 80% more likely the audacity to bet with our country and youth future is clearly a low point of our country.

"There is no indication that the electorate has changed their minds and the only accurate statistics we have is the referendum result."

There is every indication even if people are being quiet about it it's called logic and another referendum would prove that.

"I think it would be safe to say though, is that most people have had enough of the whole debacle and just want it to be put to bed as soon as possible preferably with a fair deal, but seeing that looks highly unlikely it only leaves no-deal."

Even if people have had enough of the debacle putting it to bed is out of the question this is not a tiny thing and it don't leave only a no-deal scenario which is not what people voted for so it also means another referendum maybe.

• Confused 2

15 minutes ago, vogie said:

Parliament is not democratic, as long as John Bercow is the 'referee' it never will be, parliament has has their chance and failed big time.

Do your prejudices know no bounds? Now you're showing your predjudice against the vertically challenged. Or is it his missus Slack Alice that bothers you?

Bercow is the best speaker since Betty Boothroyd. Now she'd have sorted Boris out - big time!

Edited by DannyCarlton

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Johnson wants the backstop removed, saying it could leave Northern Ireland operating under different regulatory rules than the rest of the United Kingdom.

heard that (many time) recently.... China one country 2 systems 555

Edited by Mavideol

2 minutes ago, jayboy said:

And well she might though like most of her generation in the Labour Party she was firmly against a UK union with Europe, ie a Brexiteer for sure.

And you commit a howler in thinking she was Speaker.You are probably mixing her up with Betty Boothroyd

Thanks. Post edited.

4 hours ago, bangrak said:

Can you please refresh my memory giving me the number of Brits who could potentialy have voted in the referendum? Thank you! 

Here is your answer. But Vogie beat me to it.

Drat and double drat.

Good old <deleted> Dastardly and Muttley

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/who-we-are-and-what-we-do/elections-and-referendums/past-elections-and-referendums/eu-referendum/results-and-turnout-eu-referendum

Remain    Leave
16,141,241    17,410,742
Total electorate: 46,500,001

Turnout: 72.2%

Rejected ballots: 25,359

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, vogie said:

I find it quite amusing a remainer trying to explain democracy when for 3 years now the have been trying to overturn it. 

here you said it (not me, your post is clear as water), trying to overturn democracy for the past 3 years and now you guys got it, democracy it's gone, well done, congratulations

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Here is your answer. But Vogie beat me to it.

Drat and double drat.

Good old <deleted> Dastardly and Muttley

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/who-we-are-and-what-we-do/elections-and-referendums/past-elections-and-referendums/eu-referendum/results-and-turnout-eu-referendum

Remain    Leave
16,141,241    17,410,742
Total electorate: 46,500,001

Turnout: 72.2%

Rejected ballots: 25,359

And the over 32,000,000 who voted for this Parliament to represent them?

46 minutes ago, vogie said:

"It is governed by parliamentary democracy" well it appears to me it is not working is it, for 3 years now we have been waiting for parliament to sort this out, all they are bothered about is their over-inflated egos. How long do you think we should kick the can down the road for, extending Art50 every 6 months is not going to achieve anything. We have finally got someone who is a leader and is willing to carry out the wishes of the British electorate, if Boris can do that by any trick in the book that will be fine by most folk. Do not forget our MPs have had a chance to vote for a deal, they chose not to, because they thought they were clever and would get the referendum result overturned. Democracy must be delivered.

So let me get this straight. You’re argument for democracy is to bypass hundreds of years of democracy? Now that’s some argument. 

Whether you like it or not, the UK has worked very well as a parliamentary democracy for hundreds of years and you just cannot ignore it because you feel “it’s not working”. In there lies a constitutional crisis that would undermine the very foundations of what makes Britain great. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2