Each permission shall be granted for no 
more than one year

2.18 In the case of being a family member 
of a Thai national (applicable only to 
parents, spouse, children, adopted 
children, or spouse’s children):
more than one year.

2.19 In the case of being a family member of a Thai resident (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted 
children, or spouse’s children):
more than one year.

2.20 In the case of being a family 
member of an alien permitted a
temporary stay in the Kingdom under 
Criteria 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5, 2.6,
2.7, 2.10, 2.12, 2.13, 2.14, 2.15, 2.16,
2.17, 2.21, 2.22, 2.26, or 2.29 hereof or
Section 34(1) (2) and (7) including 
family of alien granted non-
immigration visa which contains “A” 
letter at the end of visa code, 
(applicable only to parents, spouse, 
children, adopted children, or
spouse’s children) except for Non-
Immigrant code L-A:

Bit of a theme running through visas issued by the MFA and Stay Permits issued by immigration don’t you think!

16 hours ago, elviajero said:

As your daughter is Thai you can get an extension of stay regardless of how old she is. There is no age limit,

Great to know, thanks. Do you have a definitive source, just in case I ever need one.

22 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Great to know, thanks. Do you have a definitive source, just in case I ever need one.

I have read somewhere that 20 years old is the limit, but then I have also read there's no official limit. So,good luck when trying to convince an IO when he says the limit is 20 years old and your kid is 21.

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

I have read somewhere that 20 years old is the limit, but then I have also read there's no official limit. So,good luck when trying to convince an IO when he says the limit is 20 years old and your kid is 21.

Snap. That's why I am seeking a definitive source.

15 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

From clause 2.18 of police order 327/2557.

(5) In the case of parents, the father or mother must maintain an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year or must have deposited funds of no less than Baht 400,000 to cover expenses for one year.
In case the father of mother requests to be under maintenance of children, the age of father or mother must be 50 years of age or over.
For other necessary cases, the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner of Immigration Bureau is granted the authority to make decisions regarding approval on a case-by-case basis.

No mention of any age limit.

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You're right, but there are so many websites and even IO's claiming the limit is 20. That number must originate from somewhere.

The only possibility is that they are a incorrectly using this in the same clause of the police order. Which is for children that are members of the family not the child of a parent.

(4) In the case of children, adopted children, or spouse's children, said children, adopted children, or spouse's children must not be married, must live with the alien as part of the family, and must not be over 20 years of age except in case of the person hereof is of illness or disability and cannot live without support of father or mother:

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The only possibility is that they are a incorrectly using this in the same clause of the police order. Which is for children that are members of the family not the child of a parent.

I understand, but that won't help anyone talking to a stubborn IO. 

2 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Even with a definitive source you won't be able to convince a stubborn IO. ????

A foreign child wanting to visit a family member in Thailand;

The age of the child is limited to age 20 (unless the child ill/disabled and requires parental care).

A foreign parent that wants to visit their Thai child;

There is no age limit of the child.

It is the difference between these to reasons for a stay that causes the confusion. The IB publish the conditions of both on their website, which is as definitive as it gets.  

22 hours ago, elviajero said:

A foreign child wanting to visit a family member in Thailand;

The age of the child is limited to age 20 (unless the child ill/disabled and requires parental care).

A foreign parent that wants to visit their Thai child;

There is no age limit of the child.

It is the difference between these to reasons for a stay that causes the confusion. The IB publish the conditions of both on their website, which is as definitive as it gets.  

Thank you. Much appreciated.

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2019 at 7:21 PM, elviajero said:

As your daughter is Thai you can get an extension of stay regardless of how old she is. There is no age limit,

I was recently told that for this visa, i need 400 k in the bank for 45  days. This is due to my kids being under 20, ,they have to be present when applying.

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I was recently told that for this visa, i need 400 k in the bank for 45  days. This is due to my kids being under 20, ,they have to be present when applying.

That may be a local office rule, but the police orders do not require any ‘seasoning’ for the 400K when applying as a parent.

• Thanks 1

Just now, elviajero said:

That may be a local office rule, but the police orders do not require any ‘seasoning’ for the 400K when applying as a parent.

Oh really. Actually I think I am still applying as a husband but they kids make a difference. When married it has to be there for longer?

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Oh really. Actually I think I am still applying as a husband but they kids make a difference. When married it has to be there for longer?

Under the national rules no. As a parent, married or single, the funds don’t require seasoning. But, as usual, it will be down to the ‘rules’ at the office you apply.

13 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Under the national rules no. As a parent, married or single, the funds don’t require seasoning. But, as usual, it will be down to the ‘rules’ at the office you apply.

Thanks,  so you mean the 400k could be put in then taken out after  15 days,  thats what i thought she meant but my wife thought it 45 days.

Just confirming, this is a continous extension that I can work on.

Im not sure what seasoning means.

Its foong to cost me to get the 400k, so the less time the better.

18 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Thanks,  so you mean the 400k could be put in then taken out after  15 days,  thats what i thought she meant but my wife thought it 45 days.

The 45 days is an estimate so it will still be in the bank on the date you return at the end of the 30 day under consideration period since where you are applying they will start the 30 days at the end of your current extension. That is doing the extension application 15 days early and the 30 days.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

it’s best to keep the 400K in your bank during the 30 day under consideration period unless you confirm with the office that some/all the funds can be withdrawn.

Just confirming, this is a continous extension that I can work on.

Yes, you can work (with a work permit) with an extension as a spouse or parent.

Im not sure what seasoning means.

It’s a common term used on this forum to mean the period your funds need to be in the bank.

• Thanks 1