Opponents of 'no-deal' Brexit defeat PM Johnson, who promises an election

webfact

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Have a look at some of the posts from @JamesBlond and @zorrow424.

Both joined during the last four months, both Brexiteers, both posting racist and bigoted  remarks; though zorrow424 with his comments about blacks and the Irish is the worse of the two.

I saw only a few and recently - no excuse - but I am talking about the racist "labelling", which was all from remainers and before any of the comments came out that you refer to.  

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

Yep, I'm on Team Remain and you're on Team Brexit. 1-1 at the moment but you've just gone down to 10 men after sending your own man off! Not looking good for you in the 2nd half.

And the referee's a winker.

Corbyn is a coward as he won't allow a GE without preconditions ... couldn't make it up. Only way to sort it out is a GE and let all parties clearly say what their position is, even if some are liars from last time they did it. Next GE will be a shocker one way or another and I think most MPs are terrified of one. Collectively, parliament and it's MPs have screwed-it-up along with the useless House of Lords. A lot of people just want it over. Parliament is full of self-righteous and arrogant pricks from all sides and I hope most are voted out at the next GE ... if the morons think we deserve to have one. 
Excellent preconditions.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, SheungWan said:

Wheels come off in Brexiteerland.

Their bus never had any wheels - or a steering wheel or an engine or indeed any fuel. It was just one word Leave. Express is remarkable today - check it out you nutjobs - even that is starting to turn against you. 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1173838/brexit-dead-what-options-left-no-deal-brexit-boris-johnson-extension-bill-election

3. The Government holds another referendum
If the extension bill passes but a general election is impossible, Mr Johnson will be stuck.

By law, he will be compelled to seek an extension to the Article 50 negotiating window in late October if he has not secured a deal first, going against all his promises.

One option is for him to decide that, as all his tactics have been frustrated by Parliament, a referendum is the only choice left.

However, the length of time required first to legislate for and then hold a referendum will mean a Brexit delay well beyond October 31, and possibly even the January 31 date proposed by the rebel MPs.

So, perhaps, it would be easier to admit defeat and work towards a January 31 departure with a deal?

4 hours ago, Slip said:

How's your Dutch little England?  You are better than that Nauseus, or at least i thought you were.  You are sounding like a tinfoil hat guy with your last  couple of posts.  Perhaps time to regroup for the battle tomorrow.

didn,t know trolls wear clogs,you learn something every day.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Basil B said:

21 MP's to lose the whip...

So even with the DUP the Tories are now 22 MP's short of a Majority,

Only Boris could inflict so much damage to the Tory party.???? 

They will be able to join with the Brexit party to exit. I expect the Brexit party to win large.

The question is, will the remoaners accept an election result not to their liking?

• Like 2

He hates the EU- so what's not to like?

Your points are irrelevant. Churchill's policies were so unattractive that the voters booted him after the war, despite him being the reason they hadn't surrendered to the Nazis after Dunkirk. He was the man to win the war, and Farage is the man to Brexit.
Getting a headache.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've thought of a couple more  reasons why (see post #539) any election result not favouring remain should be discounted - up and about early this morning!

5) we have to take into account the views of the 30% or so who couldn't be arsed to get up to vote, they certainly wouldn't want to leave!

6) The election has been held, true, but democracy means we can change our minds.

I'm sure there are many other equally valid reasons...

Edited by JAG
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NightSky said:

May as well drop brexit now and start again from the beginning then.

It’s farcical.

May as well drop the EU as its farcical. We have had the Germans dominate Europe twice in the last 100 years and most of europe being their female dog.  One in the shape of the EU the other using the ancient sign of fruitfulness and we all know the way that ended.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

May as well drop the EU as its farcical. We have had the Germans dominate Europe twice in the last 100 years and most of europe being their female dog.  One in the shape of the EU the other using the ancient sign of fruitfulness and we all know the way that ended.

Yes, that reasoning comes back quite a few times here. You'd better accept that the past is not coming back. You have been overtaken, and unless you up yourself it is only getting worse. And standing alone is not the way to up yourself.

• Like 2