Opponents of 'no-deal' Brexit defeat PM Johnson, who promises an election

webfact

1 minute ago, david555 said:

1m ago17:22

MPs give bill to stop no-deal Brexit second reading by majority of 29

MPs have voted to give the bill to stop a no-deal Brexit on 31 October a second reading by 329 votes to 300 - a majority of 29.

That majority is two bigger than the one last night (when the SO24 motion was passed by 328 votes to 301).

Yep. The good ship HMS Cummings is slowly but surely sinking.

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Agreed, it is an extremely distasteful tactic.

But, unfortunately, some Brexiteers have; in this topic and many others.

Strangely, most of them seem to have joined the forum in the last 3 or 4 months; a coincidence?

Wrong. That's where remain does have a majority .. but with some conspicuous abrupt absences. 

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Well argumented? Nice one.

How's your Dutch little England?  You are better than that Nauseus, or at least i thought you were.  You are sounding like a tinfoil hat guy with your last  couple of posts.  Perhaps time to regroup for the battle tomorrow.

Edited by Slip
than

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Wrong, nauseus; it's the right answer for solving this mess once and for all; let the people decide in a final and this time legally binding referendum.

Three options

1. Leave with the deal
  2. Leave with no deal
  3. Remain

using the transferable vote system I've previously described ad nauseum.

Of course, we all know why Brexiteers don't want that!

Just another wriggler. The people made the decision. The politicians just ignored and wrecked it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Just prove this one:

There is no longer a majority for Leave. 

1 hour ago, tebee said:

OK, let's have another referendum then....

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Wrong answer. Nice try, Tebee.

So what other way do we find out if there is still a majority for leave ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

This is my sovereign parliament as a citizen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. I vote in the General Election and help to send a MP to Parliament who is then my MP who I give them the freedom to act and vote as their conscience dictates. If I don't like what they do I can vote them out in the next election. This is representative democracy rather than the febrile will of the mob. Long may it continue. Now 'we' can expose Boris vote by vote to show him up for the opportunistic, immoral, self-centred anti-democrat that he is. Do or die he say - then die it is. 

And a very good morning evadgib on this fine day. 

So your all for a General Election. Great, now let’s see if the remoaners in Parliament will allow one.

BC0001E8-14A6-4129-875F-F8A97574BBF9.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tebee said:

So what other way do we find out if there is still a majority for leave ?

Have a general election, the people that vote Tory will want to leave, if vote Labour they will want to remain, what are you scared of, go for it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, nontabury said:

So your all for a General Election. Great, now let’s see if the remoaners in Parliament will allow one.

BC0001E8-14A6-4129-875F-F8A97574BBF9.jpeg

Only om their chosen moment …..not on Boris time choice ... 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Call GE ..........Labour, Libs, SNP vote against GE, Boris sunk.

Vote of no confidence from anybody (To try to get GE) .............Labour, Libs, SNP vote to support government, plot fails

Boris stews in his own juice, meanwhile Brexit is dumped by law, or by referendum (Anti Brexit majority now in the country and the house).

SIMPLE AS THAT     JOB DONE

Annual national holiday on the day Brexit is dumped is declared. "The day we escaped from madness" 

Nation rejoices.

Lets just waite and see if the opposition have the balls to fight an election. 

I think not, as they know they will not win.

58 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

Whilst possible you have avoided hundreds of news items since June 24 2016 perhaps it’s just denial 

Ok never one to dodge a question (take note) google ‘do surveys since Brexit still want to leave’ 

They can’t ALL be bias (you’ve even got a couple in there that buck the trend for encouragement ...,,,,from The Sun and Express ????????

Enjoy 

So, you can't prove it then,

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Maybe we're all one and the same. 555. No can't be me. My favoured tipple is Glenmorangie. Unbelievably, found a bottle of 10 year old Glenmorangie on the shelves in Tops yesterday. Result!

Did you buy it?

8 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Actually Cameron did just that. For one thing, he got the EU to explictly exempt the UK from being drawn into an ever closer union. Not that in effect it matters much since the prospect of an EU army and other bogeymen cited by Brexiters were always quite dim.

Can you please provide a link, to the exemption that Cameron obtained, regarding the E.u. Army. Or is it a case that, because you say so, it must be correct.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Slip said:

How's your Dutch little England?  You are better than that Nauseus, or at least i thought you were.  You are sounding like a tinfoil hat guy with your last  couple of posts.  Perhaps time to regroup for the battle tomorrow.

Careful, your slip is showing.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, david555 said:

1m ago17:2 

MPs give bill to stop no-deal Brexit second reading by majority of 29

MPs have voted to give the bill to stop a no-deal Brexit on 31 October a second reading by 329 votes to 300 - a majority of 29.

That majority is two bigger than the one last night (when the SO24 motion was passed by 328 votes to 301).

Reported that two more Tories defied the Whip but by my maths I would say one bet there again who did not vote?

rumoured Caroline Spelman was seen in the "rebels" lobby... another prominent Tory.