Opponents of 'no-deal' Brexit defeat PM Johnson, who promises an election

webfact

8 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Reported that two more Tories defied the Whip but by my maths I would say one bet there again who did not vote?

rumoured Caroline Spelman was seen in the "rebels" lobby... another prominent Tory.

Caroline Nokes, who rebelled last night, did not vote this afternoon. It is not clear why.

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

And now the Lords are going in to bat for Boris! 

Can they stop Remain MPs from ruining our negotiating position by blocking no deal? It's still all to play for! 

Tory peers launch bid to block no-deal bill with filibuster in House of Lords

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/constitution/house-lords-reform/news/106286/tory-peers-launch-bid-block-no-deal-bill

No.  The Tory lords go into bat for Boris.  Quelle surprise as we say in Ashton-ze-la-Douche.  Filibustering is a filthy tactic, but I have no doubt the other side would be delighted to embrace it if it worked.

What a mess.  Thanks Cameron.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Slip said:

No.  The Tory lords go into bat for Boris.  Quelle surprise as we say in Ashton-ze-la-Douche.  Filibustering is a filthy tactic, but I have no doubt the other side would be delighted to embrace it if it worked.

it was on Sky Politcs , the lords are set on limited  timetable ….before ultimate needed time ...

Edited by david555

4 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

No, someone makes a statement. Another says it ain't true, basically calling them a liar, up to the prosecution to prove guilt.

He asked to show that what he said was the truth, only you can twist it as to calling someone a liar. He never said it "aint true" he only asked for confirmation.

Corbyn is a coward as he won't allow a GE without preconditions ... couldn't make it up. Only way to sort it out is a GE and let all parties clearly say what their position is, even if some are liars from last time they did it. Next GE will be a shocker one way or another and I think most MPs are terrified of one. Collectively, parliament and it's MPs have screwed-it-up along with the useless House of Lords. A lot of people just want it over. Parliament is full of self-righteous and arrogant pricks from all sides and I hope most are voted out at the next GE ... if the morons think we deserve to have one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Call GE ..........Labour, Libs, SNP vote against GE, Boris sunk.

Vote of no confidence from anybody (To try to get GE) .............Labour, Libs, SNP vote to support government, plot fails

Boris stews in his own juice, meanwhile Brexit is dumped by law, or by referendum (Anti Brexit majority now in the country and the house).

SIMPLE AS THAT     JOB DONE

Annual national holiday on the day Brexit is dumped is declared. "The day we escaped from madness" 

Nation rejoices.

As I understand only the leader of the opposition (Jeremy Corbyn) can call for a motion of no confidence in the government. 

Now is not the time, Boris is to call for a vote this evening calling for a general election another vote he is likely to lose, could go down in history as the only PM to be defeated on every vote. 

17 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

And now the Lords are going in to bat for Boris! 

Can they stop Remain MPs from ruining our negotiating position by blocking no deal? It's still all to play for! 

Tory peers launch bid to block no-deal bill with filibuster in House of Lords

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/constitution/house-lords-reform/news/106286/tory-peers-launch-bid-block-no-deal-bill

A minority in the Lords, are going to play "silly buggers"... all they can hope for is to slow it down.:cheesy: 

11 minutes ago, Slip said:

Don't worry Slip. Upper House still majority remain just like the rest of our dishonourable parliament. Bercow will probably take over proceedings and help out anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Don't worry Slip. Upper House still majority remain just like the rest of our dishonourable parliament. Bercow will probably take over proceedings and help out anyway.

Soon to be Lord Bercow?  He'll just be getting ahead of the curve I guess.  The game is not over yet though.  I'm not writing off any off these shysters yet, and apart from this (one thing in my opinion) they ain't any better. 

Just now, nauseus said:

Sounds like a fortune stool.

No, it's a winners stool. I've told you the lion has woken and is roaring. HoL will pass the bill this week.

Boris plans to ignore the Bill and refuse to enact it. We will then take it straight to litigation, another win for us. If he doesn't attend court, he'll be held in contempt and locked in the cells.

It will also be going against Royal assent. Phil the Greek may well want a word in his shell like. He's rapidly running out of friends.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

No, it's a winners stool. I've told you the lion has woken and is roaring. HoL will pass the bill this week.

Boris plans to ignore the Bill and refuse to enact it. We will then take it straight to litigation, another win for us. If he doesn't attend court, he'll be held in contempt and locked in the cells.

It will also be going against Royal assent. Phil the Greek may well want a word in his shell like. He's rapidly running out of friends.

The lion is roaring? 'We' will take it straight to litigation? You sound like you're talking about your footy team. 

And how you think you can predict the outcome of all this is beyond belief. For example, apparently the government can advise the Queen not to sign off on the traitors' bill. And with the Queen being a closet Brexiteer she might just oblige! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

The lion is roaring? 'We' will take it straight to litigation? You sound like you're talking about your footy team. 

Yep, I'm on Team Remain and you're on Team Brexit. 1-1 at the moment but you've just gone down to 10 men after sending your own man off! Not looking good for you in the 2nd half.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Does someone has still the key of the Tower …? lol …. and all those "tools "????

6 minutes ago, david555 said:

Does someone has still the key of the Tower …? lol …. and all those "tools "????

The Queen does still have the power to send Boris to the Tower and the original chopping block is still in situ outside. Only one tool used....the axe.

The last people held in the Tower were the Kray Twins. Last person executed at the Tower, a German spy in 1941.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just when johnson thought it couldn’t get worse...it does. 

trump has tweeted his support for him. 

“Boris is a friend of mine... He's in there fighting. He knows how to win"

Donald Trump says Boris Johnson is "going to be okay", after the UK PM lost his majority and suffered two Commons defeats

Edited by Bluespunk

27 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The Queen does still have the power to send Boris to the Tower and the original chopping block is still in situ outside. Only one tool used....the axe.

The last people held in the Tower were the Kray Twins. Last person executed at the Tower, a German spy in 1941.

Don't bother with the Tower, send him to the other place, I mean the other place in the here after that Tusk say's there is a special place for Brexiteers...

• Like 1