Opponents of 'no-deal' Brexit defeat PM Johnson, who promises an election

webfact

14 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

Eh ? What evidence would you like Sir ?

There’s enough out there - though if I provided it, it would be from bias providers correct ? 

Just prove this one:

There is no longer a majority for Leave. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

Inspired thought provoking response - you seem to have cornered the market for question dodging one line responses ????????????????????????

Well this wasn't even to you and there was no question either.

So what really is your point and interest with this?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Just prove this one:

5 minutes ago, tebee said:

OK, let's have another referendum then....

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Wrong answer. Nice try, Tebee.

Wrong, nauseus; it's the right answer for solving this mess once and for all; let the people decide in a final and this time legally binding referendum.

Three options

1. Leave with the deal
  2. Leave with no deal
  3. Remain

using the transferable vote system I've previously described ad nauseum.

Of course, we all know why Brexiteers don't want that!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingdong said:

at least he didn,t play the race card,an extremely distastefull tactic.

Agreed, it is an extremely distasteful tactic.

But, unfortunately, some Brexiteers have; in this topic and many others.

Strangely, most of them seem to have joined the forum in the last 3 or 4 months; a coincidence?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

boris can just sit back and wait for oct31 to arrive he can just ignore the remainer rabble as they dont want an election and the lords will fillibuster any new legislation

Sorry to disappoint you about the lords …, as there is a timetable set for that... sorry you  should follow "sky news all bout politics " 

Edited by david555

15 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Well this wasn't even to you and there was no question either.

So what really is your point and interest with this?

Look who's asking... Look who's setting rules for the others to follow... Must be a ploy of such individuals... Avoid!

1 hour ago, Bruntoid said:

Are these figures from back in 2016 but largely irrelevant today ? (Shall I trot out the never ending anti no deal surveys taken since here ?)

Some say traitors others say conscientious parliamentarians!(Depending on your hysteria levels) 

Even 49% of LEAVE voters don’t want a No deal exit 

There is no longer a majority for Leave, Boris Johnson doesn’t actually have a mandate anymore, get over it. 

PS - Kenneth Clarke could stand for the Monster Raving Loony Party and get in because he’s respected as a constituency MP - same as must others you have listed - suicide ? Just more hysteria based on wishful thinking 

No clue how you managed to miss my point - Kenneth Clark MP for Rushcliffe represents the majority in his constituency. They voted in favour (58%) of remaining.

Margot James and her ilk betraid not not only the Conservative party but also their constituencies.

Good riddance, though, the lot.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forethat said:

No clue how you managed to miss my point - Kenneth Clark MP for Rushcliffe represents the majority in his constituency. They voted in favour (58%) of remaining.

Margot James and her ilk betraid not not only the Conservative party but also their constituencies.

Good riddance, though, the lot.

MPs do not represent the majority in their constituency

They represent all their constituents irrespective of how they voted or was eligible to vote.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

MPs do not represent the majority in their constituency

They represent all their constituents irrespective of how they voted or was eligible to vote.

In that vote, he (Kenneth Clarke) represented the majority view of the voters in his constituency on the issue of Brexit. Margot James did not. How on earth can you imply that you are unable to comprehend that was the purpose of my post?

For goodness sake...

Edited by Forethat

29 minutes ago, kingdong said:

thank you rumpole of the baily.he alluded to a large section of british society[the leavers]who voted to leave in a democratic election,he refererd to their race and religion possibly contravening british law on the subjects..his actions are commonly known and referred to as "playing the race card"=RACISM.

Have you read posts from certain Brexiteers such as @zorrow424 ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Just prove this one:

Whilst possible you have avoided hundreds of news items since June 24 2016 perhaps it’s just denial 

Ok never one to dodge a question (take note) google ‘do surveys since Brexit still want to leave’ 

They can’t ALL be bias (you’ve even got a couple in there that buck the trend for encouragement ...,,,,from The Sun and Express ????????

Enjoy 

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

at least he didn,t play the race card,an extremely distastefull tactic.

You do appear fixated with the term ‘playing the race card’ - me thinks you doth protest too much - however IMO it was predominantly ‘played’ on June 23rd 2016. There is no reason to ‘play it’ it now as it is simply stating the obvious 

As I stated before to deny racism played any part in Brexit is utterly ludicrous 

At least two leavers have fessed up in this thread alone so at least some leavers have the courage of their convictions. 

Right I’m off to take advantage of the rising pound - can’t think why that is

Toodle Pip 

3 hours ago, kingdong said:

he was accusing brexiteers of being racist,still thats what remainers are good at, playing the race card when they haven,t got an answer.

from one of your fellow brexteers:

Britishness: a thousand years of mad monarchs, the legacy of Agincourt, Poitiers and Waterloo, two World Wars and all the others, the travails and triumphs of the empire and the industrial revolution, Shakespeare and Austen and Wordsworth, Newton and Darwin, all the pioneers and explorers who made the place great; England is country lanes and stately homes, cathedrals and crumbling castles, duck ponds in Hardyesque villages, the White Cliffs and the White Horse, church bells on Sunday mornings, bluebells in spring, the wind in the willows, sheep on the common, sausage rolls and pork pies, fish and chips on the prom, rain on holidays, football, messing around in boats, George Formby, Dad’s Army and the Two Ronnies, Vera Lynn and the Beatles, The Queen on Christmas Day, freckle-faced kids, prim aunts and bluff uncles, horses and bulldogs, Sherlock Holmes and Watson, Tom Brown's schooldays, Swallows and Amazons, Pooh sticks, wry idioms, ribald humour and teasing, a unique gentility and forthrightness, the squire having a warm pint in a country pub. And perhaps above all, decency, honour, and grace in adversity.

As I said, white dinosaurs.

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

is that the mantra of the bnp,or was it the edl?

I believe it first appeared on bumper stickers in the US as a response to 9/11.

Others attribute it to criticism of draft dodgers (like Trump) back in the 60s.

Certainly originated in the US.

However, it doesn't surprise me that you prefer to attribute it to BNP/EDL.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Like 1