Opponents of 'no-deal' Brexit defeat PM Johnson, who promises an election

webfact

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Why would I be crying? It has no direct effect on me as I live in Thailand and earn in Baht and have done for over 12 years. 

I suggest you enjoy your gloating while it lasts though. Brexit will happen in the end, if Remainers want to drag this process on for another couple of years then they can accept the consequences for that but it won't change anything, there is no way this genie is going back into the bottle. You can force delay upon delay, there will be a General Election sooner or later. Revoke? Get ready for Farage, he isn't going anywhere either.

You can only ignore the wishes of the people for so long. If you wish to harm the country by putting it on hold for another 2-3 years while Parliament embarrasses itself then feel free, it won't change the result in the end. 

The "people" are dying every month, and are being replaced by younger people who don't hate "johnny foreigner" ... or even use that term?

Farage is a busted flush. All he'll do is gift marginal seats to the Liberal Democrats from the Tories. Ruth Davidson's hatred of lying Johnson will boost the SNP, she will not be campaigning for Johnson's Brexit and she is one of the few Tories who are popular in Scotland. London will be a good stamping ground for the Lib Dems. 

It's either Brexit with a deal or no Brexit at all after a second referendum ... take your pick.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Orac said:

It is of course a load of hyperbole and opinions dressed up as fact.

I do see he is claiming as fact:

"I did not know that the EU occupies over 45 buildings 2 of which were purpose built monuments of grandeur and are the largest buildings in Europe."

Maybe he can redeem himself by actually doing some research and backing this up with a link.

Paste the paragraph you quoted into a google search and it will take you to the Facebook page our Brexiteer member ripped the content from.

He hasn’t provided a link because he’s rightly embarrassed by where he finds his views.

20 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

If we have an election after October 31st, highly likely, and we haven't left the EU, increasingly likely, Faerage has vowed to contest every seat. It's been shown in previous elections that Brexit/UKIP primarily takes votes from the Tories. Given the above scenario, this would be even more true in an upcoming election. This will split the Tory vote asunder and could possibly leave them as the 3rd party.

I wouldn't build your spirits up too high just yet, your high elation could be a little premature. There were reports of Nigel Farage saying he would not contest any Tory seats if Boris agrees to leave with a no deal, but even without him saying that, the Tories would still be favourites to win a general election, but of course this is according to polls, but we have to have something to go on.

Alistair Birt is the latest to announce he will not be contesting his seat at the next election, he joins a long list of Tory rebels who have said the same, it would appear thay are jumping before being pushed, either way it would be nice for the party to have MPs that share the same values and belief in democracy. Voting againgst your own party and siding with the likes of Corbyn has never been the Tory way, nor should it ever be.

Screenshot_2019-09-03-06-38-13-029.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Think the Lib Dems would want a second referendum.

After winning huge amounts of seats at a GE?  Supposing they form an alliance with Labour, it would be in Britain's interest for them to declare the way forward as a government - in other words, have a freaking plan in place, something the tories have lacked for over three years.

IMO, this should include how they're going to address their future relationship with the EU, because it is clearly not working as effectively, and as transparently, as a member country could expect.  

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Paste the paragraph you quoted into a google search and it will take you to the Facebook page our Brexiteer member ripped the content from.

He hasn’t provided a link because he’s rightly embarrassed by where he finds his views.

A case of "I knew what I was voting for" ... a Facebook meme funded by unknown sources.

Out means out,no matter what strings  remainers want to attach,out is out and that is how eventually it will pan out

Bercow is asking for police protection,I should think so,his own personal health and safety is at risk now, whatever dodges,whatever maneuvers are envisaged  out is out and will be achieved,any doubts? try a bet

12 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You’ve made enough posts on the matter of Brexit to reveal it does matter to you, direct effect or not.

If Brexit were cancelled, that would matter to me since I believe in Democracy and that democratic votes should be upheld, especially when backed up by manifestos, general elections and legislation. However it is abundantly clear that Brexit is inevitable, it's just a matter of time.

All the Remainers can do is delay it which has no effect on me whatsoever. If they want to continue bringing their money over at 37 Baht to the pound (or more likely lower) for the next 3-5 years then keep cheering on the can kicking as if it's some kind of victory ????????

19 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Is there a limit as to how many times the UK can kick this Brexit down the road ?

After the snap election where both Labour and Conservative will sink into further ignominy, with the help of the Greens, Vegans, Welsh-pride, LGBQTs and a few from the Monster Raving Loony party, a resurgent Lib Dem government will ultimately swat away the fragile construct masquerading as the Brexit Party, herd the growing coterie of disaffected, malcontent Remainers, the noisome but fairly inconsequential Scots nationalist-separatists and Irish bigot-unionists into their goldy-yellow sheep pen and ultimately keep Britain in the EU.

Should all be done and dusted by around 2026-28 maybe?

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Absolute nonsense once again ????. Farage said yesterday he will stand aside for a No Deal. This is about as valid as your claim that Remainers would respect the result of a second referendum if they lost, which I also proved to be a complete lie with direct quotes from the leader of the Lib Dems. You really should try sticking to the truth. Please see below.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1173241/Brexit-news-Nigel-Farage-Brexit-Party-Boris-Johnson-general-election-no-deal-latest

image.png.d8b8af9ccf5acdad7455693365af27ed.png

You obviously didn't read my post. The scenario was "after October 31st and no deal Brexit not delivered".

In this scenario Farage has vowed to contest every seat.

"Johnson cast the challenge as an attempt to force Britain to surrender to the EU just as he hopes to secure concessions on the terms of the divorce, helped by the threat to walk out without one."

That's just delusional, because nobody in the EU feels threatened by that threat. Surrender or leave without a deal it is.

12 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The important words are "if no deal Brexit is delivered".

This is of course the no deal Brexit that Farage claimed he didnt want prior to the referendum.

Well according to Remainers, 3 years ago is ancient history and people are allowed to change their minds, right? ????

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Well according to Remainers, 3 years ago is ancient history and people are allowed to change their minds, right? ????

Yes they are.

Thats why we should have a second referendum to see just how many people have changed their minds.????

1 hour ago, JoePai said:

I have realised the remoaners have been right all along when they say I did not know all the true facts before voting to leave, so I decided to do a little research.

I just voted to leave because I thought our sovereignty was being compromised by foreign unelected masters, and that we were compelled to have unlimited uncontrolled immigration, our laws and export agreements dictated by Brussels bureaucrats, and had to pay eye-watering amounts for the privilege.

I did not know more than 10,000 EU officials get paid more than our prime minister.

I did not know that unlike the UK, 18 countries get more back from the EU than they put in.

I did not know that the EU occupies over 45 buildings 2 of which were purpose built monuments of grandeur and are the largest buildings in Europe.

I did not know that the EU parliament spends 150million Euros a year moving to Strasbourg every month for 4 days committee meetings, any attempt to stop this stupidity is vetoed by France.

I did not know that the EU has had a huge luxury shopping Mall built in Brussels for the exclusive use of EU employees.

I did not know that every day queues of chauffeur driven cars with their engines running, wait outside EU establishments while their occupants go in, sign in for their attendance allowance and expenses, then come straight back out and are driven away.

I did not know that many of them (like the Kinnocks) end up as millionaires as a reward for looking the other way.

I did not know that Clegg was lying when he mocked Nigel Farage for saying that an EU army was being planned.

I did not know that the EU had been financing the mass movement of industries from UK to mainland Europe.

I could go on and on but suffice it to say that I have never for a moment doubted the correctness of my decision, I am so glad that the remoaners prompted me to look deeper into the bureaucratic absurdity of being in the EU.

I don't know how much of this is true. But it seems the EU bureaucracy is still more efficient than the one in the UK. Think about that...

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't know how much of this is true. But it seems the EU bureaucracy is still more efficient than the one in the UK. Think about that...

I have just googled it and apparently "bureaucracy" can be bought for less than 1 billion a month.

7 minutes ago, mlmcleod said:

Sadly, Great Britain seems to be following Trump on the road to chaos!  Boris even looks like Trump in the photographs. 

When is the world going to learn that chaos only leads to wars?

Unfortunately, when they are sitting in the rubble surrounded by dead bodies. 

As our elected politicians don't want or cant make a decision on a deal to stay in or out or any point in-between it must be time to put this back to the people to revote with the facts including just how much has been spent to get us where we are now to the nearest billion. my guess would be the near enough to end homelessness and foodbanks ???? 

7 minutes ago, wreckingcountry said:

All the Europhiles who never accepted result can do all they want because we’ll see them in hell, even if we have to join them there

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

just don't tread on the ducks, as you'll be saddled with a Europhile for the rest of eternity...

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The EU bureaucracy only gives the impression of being more efficient whereas the UK bureaucracy only gives the impression of being less efficient.

4 minutes ago, wreckingcountry said:

All the Europhiles who never accepted result can do all they want because we’ll see them in hell, even if we have to join them there

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

We'll probably be seeing you there sooner than you think if a no deal Brexit comes to fruition.

53 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Likely this will come down to either a Lab/LibDem coalition or Brexit/Conservative coalition. My money is on the latter. London is just a small part of England, the rest of the country overwhelming wanted to regain sovereignty.

Of course, should Lab/LibDem win an election they will let us have a 2nd election. A second vote, to make sure people really understood what they voted for. And then maybe a 3rd? All this time without actually assuming power and governing as per the electoral mandate. Right?!

London is just a small part of England.

Surely that should be London is just a small part of Great Britain? Or is Brexit really only an English thing?

Archived