Opponents of 'no-deal' Brexit defeat PM Johnson, who promises an election

webfact

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

slonking after bonking, he wants a couple more kids to form a football team

I honestly try not to dwell on it, honestly guv, but I just can’t imagine Jacob Rees-Mogg at it !! 

Ye gods what woman in their right mind could be up for that !!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bruntoid said:

I honestly try not to dwell on it, honestly guv, but I just can’t imagine Jacob Rees-Mogg at it !! 

Ye gods what woman in their right mind could be up for that !!!

You ok with Corbyn/Abbott? ????????????????????

8 hours ago, Basil B said:

The Tories who defied the whip some are big names who were not going to be bullied by the Whips, tomorrow probably more will follow them.

22 names on the list...

1. Philip Hammond
  2. Greg Clark
  3. David Lidington
  4. Ken Clarke
  5. David Guake
  6. Stephen Hammond
  7. Antoinette Sandback
  8. Steve Brine
  9. Ed Vaizey
  10. Guto Bebb
  11. Rory Stewart
  12. Nick Soames
  13. Dominic Grieve
  14. Caroline Spelman
  15. Oliver Lewin
  16. Philip Lee
  17. Sam Gmiyah
  18. Richard Harrington
  19. Alistair Burt
  20. Justine Greening
  21. Sarah Newton
  22. Anne Milton

Obviously the Whips never got Philip Lees letter telling them he was resigning.

All heroes who put country over the Johnson anti-democrats. Thanks god for the sovereign will of parliament. Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning. Now to force Johnson's hand into a death battle with the Brexit party at the General Election. This is a great article on how Boris could lose. Great also to see cross party alliances working well I would like a broad EU coalition in Parliament so we can send this minority of economy wreckers and Union dividers to the dustbin of history where they rightly  belong. 

https://unherd.com/2019/09/how-it-could-all-go-wrong-for-boris/

13 minutes ago, evadgib said:
21 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Not in the least worried. We dealing with the political equivalent of heroin detoxification. These 20 traitors love the EU so much more than than their own counties and constituents.

Onward and forward we go to freedom Oct. 31st!

Happy to hear that you are not worried, the less Brexiteers understand how significantly things have changed, the better. I hope they all go on blissfully believing that everything is Hunky Dory, till it's too late and Brexit is finally given the coup de grace it has always deserved. These 20 Tory MPs love there country so much that they are prepared to sacrifice their own careers, to stop their country's economy being destroyed by the twisted conmen pushing a No deal Brexit for their own self interest. I have never admired so many (20) Tory MPs on the same day in my life, these men are brave heroes riding to help save their country in it's hour of need, having resisted blackmail and threats . And Soames, grandson of Winston Churchill a traitor, get a life. The true traitor is Boris the poundland Churchill. 

2 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Happy to hear that you are not worried, the less Brexiteers understand how significantly things have changed, the better. I hope they all go on blissfully believing that everything is Hunky Dory, till it's too late and Brexit is finally given the coup de grace it has always deserved. These 20 Tory MPs love there country so much that they are prepared to sacrifice their own careers, to stop their country's economy being destroyed by the twisted conmen pushing a No deal Brexit for their own self interest. I have never admired so many (20) Tory MPs on the same day in my life, these men are brave heroes riding to help save their country in it's hour of need, having resisted blackmail and threats . And Soames, grandson of Winston Churchill a traitor, get a life. The true traitor is Boris the poundland Churchill. 

And it's 21 Nigel - I shall chink a glass with you and raise a cheer ! Today we feel as happy as the Brexiteers are furious. This parliament is now ours until will kill No Deal for ever and show the country what a busted Boris really looks like - deflated and stripped off his bluster and lies. The only bounce he will get is the big fat British boot in his backside when an election is called ON OUR TERMS.  

I listened to some of the goings on in the HoP involving our MPs on LBC last night (3/9) between 10pm and 11pm.

It was obvious that many of 'em were drunk by this time as their subsidised bars had been open all day. They were roaring, bawling and shouting just like the traitorous rabble they are with no loyalty what so ever to the British working people whose interests they are extremely well paid to represent and act upon.

It sounded more like a football match confrontation between boozed up Millwall and West Ham supporters than responsible dignified adults trying to discuss the future of our country outside of the EU.

It was disgraceful behaviour from people who should know better. The whole lot of 'em should have been arrested and charged with being drunk and disorderly.

We'd be better off without them and letting Johnson do his damnedest rather than allowing this load of out of touch paralytic hooligans have anything to do with running our affairs and deciding our future.

30 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Johnson seems to have been eager to put an end to any doubt that he’s incompetent.

His first achievement as PM.

I expect there will be many more side splitting moments of unimaginable incompetence to come, as long as he hold any position above road sweeper.

It did strike me BTW that maybe there could be a limit on the number of consecutive posts in which the phrase "Will of the people" or the words Democracy, and Traitor can be used. People have been know to die of boredom. 

13 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

For now.

Politics aside, Great Britain is a geographical term used to describe the largest island in the British Isles so Scotland & Wales will always be a part of GB, just as they (& England) will always be part of Europe. 

7 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

He said a ‘massive leave majority IN PARLIAMENT’ - I do believe the electorate don’t get a vote in there ? 

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

He doesn't want one, but when Parliament is acting against the result of the democratic referendum there is a solid case to let the people decide (again!).

Funny how all the Remainers have been crying out for a second vote, and when they get their chance they don't want it because they know they'd get smashed at the polls and you'd end up with a massive Leave majority in Parliament.

This is what he actually said, "let the people decide" and "remainers have been crying out for a second vote" He was talking about the electorate, as far as I know the electorate cannot vote in Parliament.

If you are going to quote snippets of a post you are going to confuse yourself. 

4 hours ago, vogie said:

<snip>

Voting againgst your own party and siding with the likes of Corbyn has never been the Tory way, nor should it ever be.

Really?

What about Rees-Mogg and his ERG voting with Corbyn to defeat May's deal; three times!?

Is this another case of Brexiteer hypocrisy? 

It is obvious that the Brexiteer view is "Government MPs who vote against the government are heroes of democracy when I agree with them, traitors when I don't!"

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

'Our', 'we','us'?

Remind us where you fit in?

This is my sovereign parliament as a citizen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. I vote in the General Election and help to send a MP to Parliament who is then my MP who I give them the freedom to act and vote as their conscience dictates. If I don't like what they do I can vote them out in the next election. This is representative democracy rather than the febrile will of the mob. Long may it continue. Now 'we' can expose Boris vote by vote to show him up for the opportunistic, immoral, self-centred anti-democrat that he is. Do or die he say - then die it is. 

And a very good morning evadgib on this fine day. 

8 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I listened to some of the goings on in the HoP involving our MPs on LBC last night (3/9) between 10pm and 11pm.

It was obvious that many of 'em were drunk by this time as their subsidised bars had been open all day. They were roaring, bawling and shouting just like the traitorous rabble they are with no loyalty what so ever to the British working people whose interests they are extremely well paid to represent and act upon.

It sounded more like a football match confrontation between boozed up Millwall and West Ham supporters than responsible dignified adults trying to discuss the future of our country outside of the EU.

It was disgraceful behaviour from people who should know better. The whole lot of 'em should have been arrested and charged with being drunk and disorderly.

Never watched the HoC live before it seems!

8 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

I expect there will be many more side splitting moments of unimaginable incompetence to come, as long as he hold any position above road sweeper.

It did strike me BTW that maybe there could be a limit on the number of consecutive posts in which the phrase "Will of the people" or the words Democracy, and Traitor can be used. People have been know to die of boredom. 

What about repetitive posts like "democracy didn't stop on...., Farage said its unfinished business, side of a red bus, advisory referendum................ Are those suitable to be repeated over again because you have the copy rights to them?

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

What about repetitive posts like "democracy didn't stop on...., Farage said its unfinished business, side of a red bus, advisory referendum................ Are those suitable to be repeated over again because you have the copy rights to them?

My only copyrights are on CDs, sorry to disappoint.

2 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

HOW BORIS TAKES US OUT!!!!!!

Accept rebel motion

Call GE

Win by a majority in cohorts with Sir Nigel

REPEAL this outrageous law and exit on 31st October

JOB DONE!

With Nigel as deputy PM and Doris Karloff as home sec ????

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

PM with gun to head of British economy receives instruction on why he should not put a gun to the head of his own Party.

Will he learn threats don’t work?

Boris isn't holding a gun to anyone's head; Boris isn't making any threats.

It's Cummings.

Funny how Brexiteers who object to being ruled by unelected officials in Brussels are quite happy to be ruled by an unelected official in Downing Street!

6 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Labour would be mad to have an election before the 31st. 

Boris Johnson can and probably will accept the legislation delaying Brexit as the price of going to the country in a general election – because he would campaign on a manifesto of leaving the EU on 31 October. So if he wins the clear Commons majority he seeks, he could repeal that legislation in a single day before 31 October and could insist that the Lords do not block repeal (because repeal would have been in the Tory manifesto).

So we are heading for a general election as a proxy for a referendum, with Tories campaigning to Brexit, deal or no deal, on 31 October.

I really can’t see how Labour could refuse to sanction and fight an election on those terms.

Archived