Nobody will get away with Billy’s murder, warns Prayut

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Look here.

Ok so in 2014 they filed malfeasance charges against Chaiwat and four other park officers for unlawfully detaining Billy. That sounds sensible based on all the evidence gathered at that time. I see nowhere that anyone has been tried and or acquitted for murder so clearly there is no double jeopardy and nor is it surprising since it wasn't confirmed until now that he was dead.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

No, swept into an oil drum. 

I understand that this is a attempt to be funny, and I would certainly be amused if the circumstances where different , meanwhile more details about the case and the way Billy died have emerged yesterday and it appears he was burned alive in this oil drum !!!....A nightmare Horrible way to die !!! I was thinking about it all night how somebody so called human could do such a thing ......

best regards,

• Like 1

10 hours ago, canopy said:

Can you please provide a reference to this trial and acquittal? Thought not. It's hard to even imagine what he would have been tried for as there was no body until this week.

Sorry for late reply. Just opened TV again now. 

Also I apologize for bad info. He was acquitted of murdering another Karen activist Takamol in 2011.

My bad. Apologise.

i wish them good luck solving this case after 5y.

If the circumstances were great or better they maybe can find something.

But i have to say that the last years science and technology are getting so much better so who knows?!

There has always been a primary suspect in this case. Because this suspect is a powerful Thai authority figure is why they are so doggedly going after him. If it was hilltribe on hilltribe crime it wouldn't get a second thought, there would be no news stories, you wouldn't know about it, and it would all be forgotten years ago. Instead we get all these special investigations, reams of news stories about it, and it's now on the radar screen of prayut who has served notice to the investigators. This is one of the most thorough and long investigations I can remember and they've now got their hard earned breakthrough. They've now got a body which is closure for the family and confirmation of the crime. The ambition to net his killer is now higher than ever.  Excellent job all around.

17 minutes ago, canopy said:

There has always been a primary suspect in this case. Because this suspect is a powerful Thai authority figure is why they are so doggedly going after him. If it was hilltribe on hilltribe crime it wouldn't get a second thought, there would be no news stories, you wouldn't know about it, and it would all be forgotten years ago. Instead we get all these special investigations, reams of news stories about it, and it's now on the radar screen of prayut who has served notice to the investigators. This is one of the most thorough and long investigations I can remember and they've now got their hard earned breakthrough. They've now got a body which is closure for the family and confirmation of the crime. The ambition to net his killer is now higher than ever.  Excellent job all around.

But unfortunately, same outcome - unless of course there are a couple of bunnies in the cross hairs.