British lawmakers prepare court action to enforce Brexit delay

rooster59

10 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

It hasn’t. 

Of some losers maybe. 

Nonsense. 

How do you know what will be in a thousand years? 

Nonsense. 

so you agree with the wording and laws based on the upcoming Lisbon Treaty ?

You think this will be good for the UK?

Would be nice to hear how you think this will work and be good for UK

Could you also give us an idea how much this will cost us each week to stay in the EU and what additional costs this will incurr

4 hours ago, puipuitom said:

Why not a simple question to the British peieople:

a) seen all information what popped up the last 3 1/2 year: you still prefer "leave" above "remain"?

b) if leave: which form:

b1) the Boris/Cummings way: out, whatever the consequences, so no if's and but's, better die in the ditch as member of the EU ?

b2) the May deal

b3) the Canadian (CEPA) condition

b4) the Norway agreement

b5) the Swiss agreement

b6) an agreement we cannot specify yet, so goverment, come with a better proposal as till now.

Why people have to vote indirect = or Cons or Labour or LibDem or Green or... and then pray for the outcome of "Brexit".

Ah.. wait.. it's a) who is your fear = "remain"

Could you also include the full wording to the public of the Lisbon treaty and how this will effect the people of the UK if we remain in your simple question to the people ?

Please also include the cost to the Uk on staying in the EU, and what additional cost the Lisbon treaty will have , on our laws, our freedoms. our armed services, our parliament

Perhaps someone as clever as you can give us the answers to these questions, or is everything just your biased opinion

18 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"This is ridiculous, it's shaming, it's like a four-year old having a tantrum," he told Sky News.

Much like Boris’s great supporter, that orange-haired toddler with the bad combover and the (at least) ten temper tantrums a day, who is occupying the White House. 

5 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Your understanding of British constitutional process and law rival that of the average Soi Cowboy bar girl - congratulations!

Boris, nor any PM, politician, Minister, MP or Lord are above the law. End of. 

The government is accountable to parliament, End of.

Baby Boris and that twerp Grove seem to be hinting that they think they're above the law and not accountable to anyone.

Autocratic governments are not acceptable in any democracy. Even the lunatic Corbyn recognized that.

You buy me cola? My fren' tell you about European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 and my queen make law already.  

European Union (Withdrawal) (No. 6) Bill - him nooo good, same same Thailand govermen, Not proper law, ching ching.

Looks like Noi understands more than the average Remainer.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/06/house-lords-approves-bill-block-no-deal-brexit-10699603/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Could Farage/Brexit Party MEP's scupper UK's request to extend by voting against it in much the same way that the Tory rebels did in Westminster last week?

(Tongue-in-cheek but nothing would surprise me these days :blink: )

Edited by evadgib

Not quite "end of" may I suggest. Parliament is accountable to the people - as Anthony Wedgewood Benn (and heaven knows I am no fan of his politics) said, parliament is loaned its sovereignty by the electorate. Parliament seems reluctant to hand that sovereignty back, which is fast becoming the nub of the whole business.
Parliament is not loaned anything.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You soft marshmellow's deserve everything coming to you. 

Irrelevant your opinion on Brexit, it was voted for by majority and you don't like it, so you want a

dictatorship lead you. 

Most of you come on here and complain about a dictatorial regime in Thailand, then say it's ok back home.

Your vets who fought and died for your country would be disgusted.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Yours above in response to my post #91. The PM's Brexit is for now "no-deal" unless the PM is able to avoid application of the law requiring him to extend another three months. Only by this evasion would the PM have a bit of leverage to exact some reasonableness from the Irish PM and Brussels on practical solutions for the border, to maintain the openness there. Yes, it will be necessary for the EU to bend, to overcome its slavish legalisms, give Ireland a break.

The Parliament apparently assumes that the EU will accept such further prolongation. Some are saying that Macron is threatening to block the extension, perhaps in thinking that maximum pressure will cause the UK to surrender and finally approve the May catch-22 arrangement. It was of course thrice rejected because it would keep the UK in a permanent quandary at the mercy of the individual whims of the 27 EU members - quite the deal of the century for the EU!!

If it were a choice between the May deal and no deal, the latter is the lesser of two evils. If the EU can get over the first secession, then in time arrangements beyond WTO rules would benefit both sides.

The nonsense of "slavish legalisms". Hard Brexiteers having a bit of trouble here spinning the law.

You soft marshmellow's deserve everything coming to you. 

Irrelevant your opinion on Brexit, it was voted for by majority and you don't like it, so you want a
dictatorship lead you. 

Most of you come on here and complain about a dictatorial regime in Thailand, then say it's ok back home.

Your vets who fought and died for your country would be disgusted.
No-deal Brexit not voted on by anybody. A marshmellow would understand that even if a Hard Brexiteer cannot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:
  17 hours ago, JAG said:
Not quite "end of" may I suggest. Parliament is accountable to the people - as Anthony Wedgewood Benn (and heaven knows I am no fan of his politics) said, parliament is loaned its sovereignty by the electorate. Parliament seems reluctant to hand that sovereignty back, which is fast becoming the nub of the whole business.

Benn was speaking figuratively, stupidly, and inaccurately. Parliament is Sovereign - full stop. MPs who control how that power is wielded, are elected to parliament. Their position is temporary, and at the will of the electorate. The Loaned bit is just pompous Benn's fancy use of words.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Good article on why Remoaners are so desperate to avoid an election.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/09/04/why-remoaners-are-so-terrified-of-a-general-election/

Oooh, bad boy Jonny....you have used the words “remoaners” ????.

Hopefully our illustrious mods will let it go as you were only quoting a news report. I would hate to see any Bercow style bias.....

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Insults again, in the absence of a sensible argument.

”Leave” was voted for.

Full stop.

Insult? You mean mentioning marshmellow after responding to a post in which you're being called marshmellow?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Insult? You mean mentioning marshmellow after responding to a post in which you're being called marshmellow?

I suspect he can probably stand up for himself without your intervention........ but, yes, two wrongs don’t make a right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I suspect he can probably stand up for himself without your intervention........ but, yes, two wrongs don’t make a right.

Agree, 2 wrongs don't make a right, but it would have made more sense to call out the person who started. But maybe due to bias you could not do that?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Agree, 2 wrongs don't make a right, but it would have made more sense to call out the person who started. But maybe due to bias you could not do that?

Remain assumptions again........ a normal trait I have noticed.

The simple fact was that I didn’t see the earlier post on account of the fact that I don’t go trawling back through pages of posts. I just ‘called out’ the offender that I did see.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Remain assumptions again........ a normal trait I have noticed.

The simple fact was that I didn’t see the earlier post on account of the fact that I don’t go trawling back through pages of posts. I just ‘called out’ the offender that I did see.

Lol, want me to continue with 'as usual leavers not reading' etc, sorry, I won't.

24 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Oooh, bad boy Jonny....you have used the words “remoaners” ????.

Hopefully our illustrious mods will let it go as you were only quoting a news report. I would hate to see any Bercow style bias.....

I personally would never call the right honorable forum members for Brexitistan names such as chlorinated chickens or big girl's blouses.

As a remoaner I am too well mannered  for that.

Of course I am free to think whatever - die gedanke sind frei (no, I am not a kraut, but I speak several languages, contrarily to most bricklayers).

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=die+gedanke+sind+frei+lyrics

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

You didn't even mention me, just referred to me as "he". Proper rude. 555

I always found Russians to be rude too.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Like 1