Thailand worries mass tourism is bringing terrorism troubles

webfact

If you are afraid of terrorism, there is only one thing to do, stay home.
If you are killed by a Thai who has a psychoanalytic, inferiority complex above you or if an isis is pushing the knife into you. Then you can stop living. Or sit at home and play with themselves ..

1 hour ago, jonclark said:

WUtter claptrap. Thailand's terrorism is entirely domestic. The bombs and murders in the southern three provinces are not carried out by a family of 4 from Dorset upset with the price of pad thai. 

Thailand needs to monitor its own people first before it points accusing fingers at foreigners. 

Agree, the problems seem to be particularly in the Hat yai and yala southern areas as I hear it. Why mix in western farang who present other issues than terrorism.

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

And how many of the terrorists in the past were western farang??

Right, we need to make it harder for them to visit Thailand...

I see a huge group of Arab families in my village (they are not refugees). Probably illegals on tourist visa, walking around in the soi during the night and sleep in daytime. Just waiting for immigration to show up and crack down on these shady individuals. 

• Confused 1

As a farang of 13 years living and working in Thailand, I am feeling less and less welcome, trusted or respected on a daily basis. Despite paying relatively high income tax and receiving few (any?) benefits from this, I am treated as a second, if not third, class citizen. Time to look elsewhere I fear...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

<deleted> this country! I do the stupid tm30 all the time and jump through all the other hoops which has made my family not rich enough to get out. So if we all do this sort of <deleted> can we be treated as equals atleast?

The problems are Thais mentality with no ifs and buts.

Example... Yesterday my wife got a phone call from the police saying im scaring peoples cows with my motorcross bike. Not true so went for my ride anyway then suddenly the police show up because apparently i hit the cow hearding guy. Absloute rubbish so i hit him and was setup on by a bunch of stupid farmers.

My point is when i call the police because of criminal activity why dont they come out and only come out when lies are made up about the farang? I apparantly am really bad to all the neighbours, create trouble, apparently have guns and all kinds of nonsense...

Fact is though we are the only people to have a document of the land we have to live here and everyone else is government officials friends and families taking up, farming and destroying public and forest land and no one cares.

Im being terrorized daily but they dont care so how can this be an excuse for tm30 because im being terrorized by thais, not the other way around.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

I dont think the farang are bringing terrorism. Pretty sure the thai gov is pissing off more Muslims than the farang here! Tm30 for all thais would be more appropriate.

If i setoff a van loaded with explosives outside a popular place and set it off do i need to file a tm30 because its only a couple hours round trip and i wont need to spend the night????????

The one place I can get the same meal each and everytime I eat there, the food is good. She cannot make salary for her sister who works there because as she put it no faranges, my massage lady may have to give up her business because no customers. This government is in for a big wake up call unless the high season is very good but not looking that way. The TM30 fiasco sure doesn't help things at all

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jonclark said:

WUtter claptrap. Thailand's terrorism is entirely domestic. The bombs and murders in the southern three provinces are not carried out by a family of 4 from Dorset upset with the price of pad thai. 

Thailand needs to monitor its own people first before it points accusing fingers at foreigners. 

Got it one... 

• Like 2