Tourism minister to ask Cabinet to allow officials to take extra leave to boost tourism

webfact

This beggars belief! Will the money gained by extra tourism revenue (if any) offset the loss in national productivity (if any)?

This goosey gander is a product of a PM choosing his ministry based on return favours rather that intelligence or suitability. 

His other masterpiece was getting western foreigners back by promoting massage and ganja.

In the meantime he is going globetrotting at taxpayers expense to learn more about 4 am bar and club closing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

better to send them abroad by thai airways on research trips, all expenses on treasury.

my wife was on a flight to london full of civil servants, who told her the story. That was back in 2013, but surely is going on and it's expected by civil servants to have work bonuses like this

This minister makes me more and more confused, first proudly announcing that tourism has increased, then he wants to keep the nightlife open until 4am to attract more tourists and for this he wants to make an inspection trip to Italy, now he wants a two-day trip more vacation for government employees to increase tourism!
Do you really want to increase the number of tourists?
1. Eliminate crime (taxi drivers and bus drivers).
2. Convince the central bank to adjust the value of the Baht.
3. Let the tourists not be discriminated.
4. Eliminate many restrictions (drink alcohol during elections or other internal festivities).
5. Eliminate the two-price policy.
Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

I have a better idea ! Why not release all criminals presently in custody, give them each a million baht, along with the instruction "Don,t spend it, waste it" ????

That is really a good idea!!!????