Immigration chief: TM 30 law is outdated and needs to change

webfact

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mean while fines will continue to be strictly issued.

I am still very <deleted> they fined me 3,000 Baht when I changed my families BOI Visas from Charmjuree to Retirement at Changwattana. There was no reasoning with them (at CW) when I said Charmjuree didn't require a TM30.  But I have seen some saying that Charmjuree now requires a TM30 as well. 

These Immigration people are worse than the taxi scammers and doing far more damage to Thailand's image and reputation. 

I also been waiting 55 days for my user name/password. Total sham. 

It was the tail that had lost contact with the head. It served no purpose other than to goad and scapegoat the foreigner

- and a group of foreigners who are few in number, largely patriotic to their adopted country (peace to many unfortunately on this forum), of positive value economically to the country, impart voluntarily or at least happily their Western skills and language, and make great ambassadors for Thailand abroad.

Be nice to foreigners! It's win-win!!

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He was tight lipped about exactly what these would entail saying there were many things to consider such as the economy, tourism and national security. 

We're gonna have to pay for our own ankle-bracelets, right.

And it'll be the AB-200 model.

And get ankle-bracelet insurance.

And file a TM30AB each time our ankle-bracelet leaves/returns the province/country.

39 minutes ago, Momofarang said:

That's a good point, and actually my thought was that we should have organized a "do your TM30 day" to flood all IOs, rather than a petition.

Too many "wouldn't say  boo to a  goose"  members on TV, judging by some replies when it kicked  off. All moaning about the wording of the petition and then the anonymity of it etc etc blah blah blah.

Thankfully someone  who didn't even need to do this tm30 saw it as a problem and  stood  up to it. Thank you.

Although..it isn't over yet.

9 minutes ago, RBOP said:

Mean while fines will continue to be strictly issued.

I am still very <deleted> they fined me 3,000 Baht when I changed my families BOI Visas from Charmjuree to Retirement at Changwattana. There was no reasoning with them (at CW) when I said Charmjuree didn't require a TM30.  But I have seen some saying that Charmjuree now requires a TM30 as well. 

These Immigration people are worse than the taxi scammers and doing far more damage to Thailand's image and reputation. 

I also been waiting 55 days for my user name/password. Total sham. 

I have reported that CW have stopped temporarily fining people but NO ONE seemed to pick up on this a few  days ago, I wanted anyone here to clarify if they had been fined in the last few  days? now the announcement of change.

OK.. Now the next protest should be about having to do "Runs" when married to a Thai citizen.

Once married you should NOT have to deal with all that rubbish. 

My wife can live in my home country because she is married to a citizen,  this should be a reciprocal agreement.

Or should I be writing this to the chief himself.. I'm sure he will see sense ???? haha

1 hour ago, Dexlowe said:

Is it just me? Or are others feeling a little cynical? It's not the Thai way to suddenly admit unequivocal defeat to foreigners. Remember the old racist expression about an "Indian giver"? But I sincerely hope I'm misguided. ????

Cynicism and negativity on Thai Visa '.  Some things never change.

Referring to it as "unequivocal defeat to foreigners" before any change has been made or the details known appears to be a case of premature ejaculation and ignores the fact that local businesses, a business chamber and departments within the government itself have recognized the problems being created.

Immigrations has been receptive to diplomatically stated issues raised by embassies. Before several embassies withdrew from issuing income certification, immigration had wanted such letters to be valid for a very short period, the embassies explained why that would cause difficulties and immigrations then allowed them to be valid for six months, as a fairly recent example.

!

Let's be honest here, if only the Thais would ask for help, or advice, many 'issues' could be solved quite easily.  I have noticed this over the years, especially of people in 'positions of importance'...even if it is only them who think they are important. 

11 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

Why can't the naysayers and the cynics wait just one day to see what ACTUALLY happens from Friday's TM30 Summit? 

Because we're all still waiting for the "definitely promised, gonna happen don't you worry about that" announcement about mandatory health insurance from two or three weeks ago

14 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Because we're all still waiting for the "definitely promised, gonna happen don't you worry about that" announcement about mandatory health insurance from two or three weeks ago

and i'm still smarting from the BIG announcement of a new multiple entry tourist visa to replace the outdated double entry..

2 weeks later we found out we'd need 5K in the bank for 6 months and letters from our employers. gee, thanks.

or the non-ox 10 year visa.. followed by 3M, mandatory health, etc, etc

or the digital nomad savior - the 'smart' visa ie 200K month min earnings

all touted big, all total <deleted>shows

so excuse me if i'll wait for the 'details' this time

TM30's are outdated, 90 day reports are outdated, photo copies of everything for immigration is outdated. If you meet the requirements for a Retirement or Marriage Visa you should be free to live in Thailand for at least a year. My wife has Australian Permanent Residence she does not have to report to anyone and after 4 years can apply for citizenship. Just my opinion.

Just now, reargunnerph3 said:

TM30's are outdated, 90 day reports are outdated, photo copies of everything for immigration is outdated. If you meet the requirements for a Retirement or Marriage Visa you should be free to live in Thailand for at least a year. My wife has Australian Permanent Residence she does not have to report to anyone and after 4 years can apply for citizenship. Just my opinion.

Clearly you don't understand that Thailand is the centre of all that is perfect and good and true, so regulations have to exist to keep the riff-raff out by limiting the time anyone who isn't Thai can spend here

Be careful what you wish for. We’re not dealing with problem solvers and scholars here. They might think they are solving a problem while making things much, much, worse. ????

That said, I’ll wait to see if there’s any action at all. Lip service is a profession here, in more ways than one.

"The immigration chief added that since August 31st developments have been put in place to "relieve the problems being experienced by foreigners residing in the country. He was tight lipped about exactly what these would entail saying there were many things to consider such as the economy, tourism and national security. "

I see, and now by some accounts Jomtien Immigration has just started fining people with retirement extensions for not having done a TM30, something they never did previously. I think we can see why '...He was tight lipped about exactly what these would entail...'

Sorry people, this is western thinking and im pretty sure if this stupidity was rectified something else will cost more, or more stupid rules will be introduced. Farang cant complain!

Im making a complaint now anyway though just to throw this one out there... "corruption"...can we start a petition? 

Archived