Immigration chief: TM 30 law is outdated and needs to change

webfact

1 minute ago, madmen said:

You have any idea the monumental amount of face loss for the chief to make that statement? no turning back from here

i dont see it as a loss of face. 

and, as he made no actual promises there is nothing to turn back from....

and as he is so very tight lipped, there is no indication any changes made will be an improvement

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, madmen said:

Going to be a lot of expats with freshly signed leases in Cambodia feeling ripped off if the tm30 is relaxed

Everyone who moved and will move made the right choice. You can’t build a life on top of quicksand. Living the rest of your days in uncertainty of existing or new visa changes or interpretations that could send you packing is something no one should have to tolerate. 

Even if TM30 is scrapped tomorrow, it’s only a matter of time until something else ignorant is put in its place or a new coup takes place that installs a new government who might bring it right back or change the rules once again. They can’t help themselves.

7 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Immigration announces new financial requirements for visa extensions. 5 million baht for married , 10 million for retired. To be kept in a Thai bank for period of extension. TM 30 problem solved!

A large price hike Is inevitable. It’s just a matter of time.

5 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

Is it just me? Or are others feeling a little cynical? It's not the Thai way to suddenly admit unequivocal defeat to foreigners. Remember the old racist expression about an "Indian giver"? But I sincerely hope I'm misguided. ????

they won't "admit defeat" ....they will put a spin on it to make it look as if it was all the government's idea to update everything to go with their much touted "Thailand 4.0"

Just now, sunnyboy2018 said:

No they have not raked in a fortune. The cost of administering such an exercise far outweighs the paltry amount collected.

they clearly  haven't "administered" it  though otherwise w e  would all have passwords and ids in the same day, then theres the 800 baht no receipt or 1600  baht receipt??

1 minute ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

No they have not raked in a fortune. The cost of administering such an exercise far outweighs the paltry amount collected.

Yeah definitely, alone the stupid apps they had to build and aren't working are costing a good amount of money (and backhanders)....

12 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Immigration announces new financial requirements for visa extensions. 5 million baht for married , 10 million for retired. To be kept in a Thai bank for period of extension. TM 30 problem solved!

Evidence? Or just malicious gossip and scaremongering?

4 minutes ago, Chazar said:

they clearly  haven't "administered" it  though otherwise w e  would all have passwords and ids in the same day, then theres the 800 baht no receipt or 1600  baht receipt??

For a few hundred people that failed to comply..even a few thousand would make it a paltry amount. Speak for yourself.  I have never asked for a password or a TM 30 for that matter. Your exaggerations border on hysteria.

10 minutes ago, dcnx said:

Everyone who moved and will move made the right choice. You can’t build a life on top of quicksand. Living the rest of your days in uncertainty of existing or new visa changes or interpretations that could send you packing is something no one should have to tolerate. 

Even if TM30 is scrapped tomorrow, it’s only a matter of time until something else ignorant is put in its place or a new coup takes place that installs a new government who might bring it right back or change the rules once again. They can’t help themselves.

Only an idiot would leave their country of choice based on what may happen in the future ,seriously that  is idiotic in the extreme.

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

We're gonna have to pay for our own ankle-bracelets, right.

And it'll be the AB-200 model.

And get ankle-bracelet insurance.

And file a TM30AB each time our ankle-bracelet leaves/returns the province/country.

Are you thinking of THIS suggestion from "The Thaiger"...??? Called TM30T, for Thais only...
If THIS was implemented, it wold create many tens of thousand new jobs ( and expences!)

https://thethaiger.com/news/opinion/thai-government-introduces-new-tm30t-to-keep-track-of-thais

1 minute ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

If you have to signal a joke it usually indicates its not funny. Jokes and sarcasm do not usually work with the written word. As you have learned- hopefully.

I  cant help your  lack of  humour or ability to understand others, and by your responses its  clear you haven't understood that posters  reply.

3 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

If you have to signal a joke it usually indicates its not funny. Jokes and sarcasm do not usually work with the written word. As you have learned- hopefully.

It depends on the level of the readers intelligence and wit. Those with both will recognise my post for what it is. Others may not.

22 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

i dont see it as a loss of face. 

and, as he made no actual promises there is nothing to turn back from....

and as he is so very tight lipped, there is no indication any changes made will be an improvement

All he had to do was say nothing. Now he has given the anti tm30 sentiment a fresh set of legs and from the chief no less!

no turning back now

7 minutes ago, madmen said:

Only an idiot would leave their country of choice based on what may happen in the future ,seriously that  is idiotic in the extreme.

What's really idiotic is not constantly revaluating the environment one lives in but sticking to it because it's the "chosen one". Nomadic life makes a lot of sense these days, any given place seems to keeps it's shine only for a few years. Thailand's glory days are long gone.

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Somehow, given the Immigration chief's comments above, I fear another round of wrist-bracelet, SIM card or microchip tracking of foreigners proposals coming along... :ph34r:

If you have a mobile phone (any type of phone) they can already easily track you in real time via the phone networks assuming you carry it around with you.

We already have tracking devices, all they need to know is your phone number.

1 hour ago, LuckyNo4 said:

wrong thread i know...but what happened to the imminent announcement regarding compulsory health insurance for expats that was expected a few weeks back? anyone?

We are all keeping our heads down, you will be wise to do the same

Perhaps they are running out of warehouses to store the TM30 forms.

I can understand having a record of the main place of residence of a foreigner. I can't understand the purpose of resubmitting that record if I leave said main place for more than 24 hours, if I am still in Thailand.

1 hour ago, Isaanlawyers said:

You don't seem to realize

maybe because of the way i wrote them i think you misunderstood my comments. i am totally in favor of your petition and i was saying it was your efforts that got us this response from immigration. thank you. 

I never believe figures that show growth in tourism month in, month out. Chiang Mai is deadsville at the moment ,far worse than normal low seasons so are many coastal areas suffering High Thai baht ,well publicised scams on social media,the TM 30 fiasco and better travel options in other countries are taking their toll on what TOT always took for granted ,welcome to competition

ALL immigration idiot laws must change, only idiot has plan and make all thai immigration laws, anywere in world not have most stupid immigration law only thailand have, all must be change and end idiot fee need fee money in bank or income and many other stupid idiot law, but i know thai is thai and newer not unnderstand how normal human live and what normal human immigration law must be good. idiotland no can. but we all normal humans wait when idiotland understand change idiotlaw in immigration.cief have big work can change all stupid law.

Archived