Good news! Thailand to scrap TM6 cards, launch new mobile app for TM30 reporting

webfact

1 hour ago, Ireland32 said:

DO these guys ever discuss among themselves or have an actual

meeting or study before enacting these foolish projects

nope, usually one of them just come with some BS and later another one will say something different, they don't consult with each other, it's asking too much

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

so... they assume that Biometrics will look after,. and sweep up the dreggs later on Departure?   At least the TM6 addressed all aliens, and especially the tourists not in country long enough to need the TM30 hassles... 

one's Passport would feel naked, in the only country around that does not have a Departure Card init  

2 hours ago, webfact said:

But now the TM6 form is to be scrapped altogether as the Immigration Bureau is running out of places to store all the paperwork....

Currently all the TM6 forms are stored in two huge warehouses

TM6 running out of space .................. 

! Forget TM30 app(s).  Everyone mail in your TM30 forms along with all required photocopies. Lots of paper.  No need to go somewhere each time. "Yes, officer, wasn't sure I returned on time."   "Sorry, officer, I mailed 2 because there was no tracking."  "Just to be safe, officer..." If you have friends elsewhere, you can make frequent reciprocal virtual visits.

Instructions: Fill out one TM3 form except for the date, go to shop, make 500 copies. Date, sign, and mail at will.

6 minutes ago, rabas said:

TM6 running out of space .................. 

! Forget TM30 app(s).  Everyone mail in your TM30 forms along with all required photocopies. Lots of paper.  No need to go somewhere each time. "Yes, officer, wasn't sure I returned on time."   "Sorry, officer, I mailed 2 because there was no tracking."  "Just to be safe, officer..." If you have friends elsewhere, you can make frequent reciprocal virtual visits.

Instructions: Fill out one TM3 form except for the date, go to shop, make 500 copies. Date, sign, and mail at will.

I will do that simply because i would never upload my own passport copy to a thaiserver or anyone that's not my banks.

2 hours ago, zydeco said:

Why is this good news? The TM 30 is still in place and the TM 6 was no inconvenience whatsoever.

Nor was the TM28, apart from the 24 hour time frame to report that you've moved house.

I wonder what it's like being in the room for their reform strategy meetings. 

They must spend a lot on bananas.

image.png.34a767dfcff1fe38dc7fab3672addb89.png

Edited by 55Jay
  • Like 1