Jomtien beach vendors complain new signs are driving away tourists

Rimmer

6 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

You can't drive away tourists that do not exist in the first place.

The blame lies with the 1984/Animal Farm Government and it's madness at trying to control everyone. Including the locals.

Jomtien beach would be packed like 2004/2005 if western tourists could get back to back 90 day visas and the baht was devalued by 50% or more.

And clean up the garbage big time....

Simple.

And urine tests nonesense.

12 minutes ago, Totoandlilly said:

The blame lies with the 1984/Animal Farm Government and it's madness at trying to control everyone. Including the locals.

Amen--best words I have ever seen on this forum...) Lol sad but true--an Orwellian nightmare..Sadly many of the world's governments are moving in this direction..Sad times...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Having a police force lurking behind every vantage point, waiting to ticket unfortunate motorists doesn't help.  I don't go to Jomtien any more thanks to an over-officious charlie who confiscated my licence for a made-up offence whilst ignoring Thai red-light runners & speedsters.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Totoandlilly said:

So they should devalue their currency so you cheap Charlie’s can live decently again?  Most tourists doesn’t care if the baht is 20% stronger than usual, only you poor expats car.

Yes that's why we (the poor) come to Thailand, the rich have better places to chose from to retire.

• Like 2