Family Mart at Suvarnabhumi to shut its doors

webfact

5 hours ago, owenm said:

I was at the 7/11 downstairs next to the Tourist Police shop and was surprised that there pricing was the same as other 7/11s..I bought some beer and snacks and was amazed that they hadn't over inflated their retail prices..

I remember about a year ago there was reporting in the press about complaints of price gouging by some retailers at Suvarnabhumi, but I think most have been rained in now.. 

King Power Stories , Burger King is rip off city, always stop at stations on the Toll rd from Pattaya, never buy anything at airport unless delayed 

11 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

The airport probably don't want travelers to go in there before flying and rather treat yourself to paying up to 10 times more for things like food,  water and beer when you get through immigration.

proper rip off.

Except of course, its not in the departure hall. You have to go down a couple of floors to go to the shops.

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Okay. I'll bite. Singapore is voted best airport in the world year after year after year. It is an oasis of calm, the shops and restaurants have normal prices, they have trains that get you to the far reaches of the airport, it is almost entirely carpeted, there is no crush anywhere including immigration and checking in, it is linked to the city's subway system with plenty of seating, the duty free price of my purchases is about half of the price charged at Swampy. the decor is infinitely better than Swampy. There's probably more things that don't come immediately to mind, but this is a start.

The biggest pain with Changi is that they don't announce gate changes. I've had to leg it on a number of occasions after sitting peacefully then checking the departure board to find out the flight has moved to another gate, a long way away.

52 minutes ago, Nice Boyd said:

Magic Food Court , been there for years , Next to Pattaya, HauHin busses most airlines open their counters 3 hours before , I’ve been to most airports in the World

Really?...ever been to Oenpelli? Nhulunbuy? Jabiru?

You do realise there are tens of thousands of airports....and you've been to most?

Edited by emptypockets

17 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Really?...ever been to Oenpelli? Nhulunbuy? Jabiru?

You do realise there are tens of thousands of airports....and you've been to most?

I been to "airports" in Alaska where the food was old beef jerky pegged to the wall.

Then you pile into an overloaded 185 with 5 other guys that havent bathed in 6 days.

I hate flying.

5 hours ago, emptypockets said:

The biggest pain with Changi is that they don't announce gate changes. I've had to leg it on a number of occasions after sitting peacefully then checking the departure board to find out the flight has moved to another gate, a long way away.

That is a pain. Same at Swampy, I believe.

11 hours ago, emptypockets said:

That's why Changi benefits from being fully carpeted. Despite needing a lot more effort to keep carpeting clean, it does muffle the pounding of feet and slapping of flip-flops as the unfortunate passenger discovers the last-minute, unannounced gate change.

• Haha 1

I get off the airport train and go straight to the 7-11 on the same level and have a quick CP/S&P/7 heat-and-eat meal. The prices for everything are a little bit more than the street 7s. 

Before I started snacking at the basement 7, I had the worst Thai omelette ever in an airside eatery. Pretty sure it was the EFGH wing. 240 baht of tasteless egg and dried out rice. Disgusting.