Thai Women Spy Network

simon43

Yesterday evening, I went down to Nana Plaza to speak with my wife's younger sister. Unfortunately, I did not find her at her place of work.

I spent 5 minutes chatting to the owner of a bar in Sukhumvit 1 Plaza, where I owned a bar a year or so ago.

I did not sit or chat with any 'pretty girls', nor drink any beer, nor do anything that might be considered as unacceptable for a married man, (although I imagine many westerners in that area are married men!). Apart from the bar-owner and one other girl who used to work for me, I saw no-one that I recognised.

Even before I managed to return to my hotel, (some 15 minutes away), my wife had been contacted by no less than 3 independant (and anonymous) female callers who told her that her husband had been spotted alone (ie without her), in Nana Plaza!!

I was able to appease her with my very valid explanation as to why I was in NP.

Has anyone else been the subject of this Big Sister network? And has it got you into trouble??

Simon

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No because I don't hang out in Nana, Soi Cowboy or Patpong and even if I did the wife doesn't have enough contacts in such places (because she has never been there) to get me into trouble.

Sitting in a coffee shop outside MBK is more likely to get me spotted though.

Not just the women! My BF (Thai) used to be informed of virtually every move I made, without him, by his many friends (male & female). Very rarely did I see anyone I recognised, but he always had had reports of where I'd been. Granted, HH is a small town, but I'd never have got away with anything untoward.

guess thats a true thai-myth about the communication's inbetween thais.

also thai girls like to "do report" .. if was home at day .... my ex-girlfriend sister is comming in ...

i gut 5 minutes later already a SMS with the question "what are you doing ?? you are at work??"

hehehe

some smart .. some not ;-)

When you are involved with a Thai woman, ex bg or not, you can be assured that she has available the services of an information gathering network that would rival the combined forces of the CIA, MI6, KGB and MOSSAD. I used to reckon that my missus used to know where I was and what I was doing before I'd even thought about it.

It's not just the bg's, it includes the woman in the hairdressers, the som tam lady, the motorcy taxi driver, in fact anybody who even remotely knows you. The Thais seem to be obsessed in reporting back the activities of farang husbands but they always seem to leave the salient points out. "I saw your husband at Nana Plaza" carefully leaving out the rest of the info like "he was talking to his friend John and then left alone".

Oh well, a cross to bear. :o

Like NR said, not just women, everybody! 360 degree vision and total recall memory. Anybody asked for me around my soi and everyone knew where I was -- gone to bank, swimming, walking dogs, at the market, drinking beer with so and so at so and so's. :o You only have to answer one "pai nai" or have one resident see you somewhere and it's common knowledge in the neighbourhood within two minutes. Better than google.

Edited by Jet Gorgon

Thai mouth-to-mouth network is unbelievable and amazing.

True story:

On my first -ever- trip to Thailand, a friend of mine and myself flew (after 2 nights BKK) to Phuket, Patong beach, and booked into the first and only hotel there: the Patong Beach Hotel. We knew NOBODY on Patong beach which was than still a virgin place and Patong was very tranquil and quiet!

The first evening we were strolling along the -dark- beach (remember, we had never been in the tropics...). In those days there were still some beachbars, right in the sand, so to speak.

We heard some people within the different bars calling us......"Khun J. & Khun J." (both our fist names start with 'J') please come have a 'dlink'......

:o:D:D First we thought we misunderstood, but they were really calling our names.... :D

Untill this moment we still don' know how they knew our names (no English names btw).

edit: At that moment we didn't even know what 'Khun' meant, so it was confusing WHAT they were calling...

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

The ladies also report 'private' information between them. I often get reports form my Darling about the plans of our farang friends and workmates, "C is getting a new car", "B's wife wants to move, apartment too expensive", unfortunately it works both ways so they all know my plans before I do :D

I swear it's telepathic, last year our old motor started making 'expensive' noises on the way into town, I decided there and then we were getting rid of the beast and told the Missus just that. About five minutes after reaching the pub (our destination) a mate came in with his lady, "I hear you're getting a new car", I'm 100% sure my lovely had not been near her phone all evening :o:D

Gotta love em all :D

Edited by Crossy

No because I don't hang out in Nana, Soi Cowboy or Patpong and even if I did the wife doesn't have enough contacts in such places (because she has never been there) to get me into trouble.

Sitting in a coffee shop outside MBK is more likely to get me spotted though.

Try and have a beer then and see that she probably has a lot more "contacts" then you think. :D

BTW none of our gfs have been anywhere before :o

This is sweet and all so true.

Once I was coming back from overseas work and was on the last leg of the trip by ferry. Did not tell anyone I was on my way and this was before cell phones. My regular bungalow owner was waiting for me on her motorbike at the dock, with my room key and a boy to carry the bags.

"How did you know I was going to be on this boat?" I asked.

"555555," was her answer.

And, you must notice that Thais can be looking straight ahead and still see you in their peripheral vision. Nothing goes by without somebody knowing.

When I went to ask my wife's father for his permission to marry his daughter, I sat quietly together with him outside of the house.

My wife did not know I was planning to ask his permission, and was inside showering at the time.

Not two minutes after he quietly and happily agreed, the aunt's uncles and cousins started showing up congratulating us.

He never spoke a word to anyone.....and no one could have listened in....because most of the conversation was me pointing to Thai script in my dictionary!!

I am still dumbfounded.

Not just the women! My BF (Thai) used to be informed of virtually every move I made, without him, by his many friends (male & female). Very rarely did I see anyone I recognised, but he always had had reports of where I'd been. Granted, HH is a small town, but I'd never have got away with anything untoward.

This also happened to me all the time when we lived on samui, I have to admit I put if down to Island life & the love of gossip in a place that only got a cinema last year :o Seems i was wrong.

Yesterday evening, I went down to Nana Plaza to speak with my wife's younger sister. Unfortunately, I did not find her at her place of work.

I thought you were rich - surely you don't need your sister in law working in Nana Plaza?

I thought you were rich - surely you don't need your sister in law working in Nana Plaza?

"How you gonna keep her down on the farm,

After she's seen Paree".

Talking of keeping tabs on people and ensuring you know where they are at all times, could I suggest this website www.sat-gps-locate.com

Just type in your gf / wife / family member's phone number and satellites pick up their location immediately.

Damned useful, I think.

Same here, I drove to town one day and some crazy guy coming in the opposite direction tried to overtake right in front of me. I had to swerve to get out of the way. Got to town, did my thing, came home. Total elapsed time, maybe 45 minutes. This was before we even had a land line mind, and when I got home the first thing my husband said was, "I heard you nearly had an accident".

I did not nearly have an accident!

Anyway, I just assumed it came through on the Thai Telegraph. :o

Yes they have a spy network all right ...

Example 1: Farang (German) decides to get his car serviced in Udon Thani - about 120km from the hotel he owns in a remote Issan village. When he gets back his every move has been reported to his Thai wife. Not that he had any plans for any extra-matrimonial activities ... probably just as well or he might have heard the sounds of a strange duck that night.

Example 2: I live in Australia for several months of the year and get phone calls from my Thai bf. This is in response from phone calls he gets from his friends who like to keep an eye on me. Unfortunately - I have been reported in Pattaya and Phuket when I am really in Australia. This causes my bf a fair bit of worry. Maybe farangs all look alike to some Thai people - or the friends are just trying to break us up.

Peter

Talking of keeping tabs on people and ensuring you know where they are at all times, could I suggest this website www.sat-gps-locate.com

Just type in your gf / wife / family member's phone number and satellites pick up their location immediately.

Damned useful, I think.

Oh Lordy, as I went to paste the URL into the browser address box, it popped up the way it does when it's a site that's already been visited :o

Looks like 'er indoors has been keeping tabs on my whereabouts!

Oh now i get it....duhh do i feel stoopid.

Edited by Bananaman

This also happened to me all the time when we lived on samui, I have to admit I put if down to Island life & the love of gossip in a place that only got a cinema last year :D Seems i was wrong.

On Samuii on my nights off from the bar I used to go to the other side of the island for a drink or meal - my TGF would call me on the mobile just to let me know she knew were I was. I had to go to Bangkok to see the Australian Embassy and went to Radio City with a guy I knew and the TGF called me in the middle of the show asking me not to drink too much because it was a long trip back - she knew where I was despite having only been to Bangkok twice in her life (once with me) but I was spotted by a "sister" from the island and the network went "bing"

A friend once told me if the Americans wanted to find Bin Laden all they needed to do was find out if he's ever been to Thailand and one of the girls would be able to find him within 10 minutes.

I now live in Chiang Mai and went to a new bar that took me 20minutes to find and she knew where I was because someone saw me walking down the road and called her. The someone was a cousin who sells Son Tam on the side of the road.

Good thing I am now married, with a child and have no need to do anything untoward that would attract attention. :D

scary creatures these girls sometimes - then they just become terrifying :o

Excellent site Bendix, works a treat! :o

I'm reliably informed it's very very accurate.

I think it can see into the future because it's showing what will happen after I finish work in another couple of hours - gotta get my eMails finished first :D