How much cash can I carry into the EU and Great Britain

12 hours ago, zhorik said:

surely the question is why would anyone want to carry so much cash. especialy these days with money transfers , banks atm and cards. using international money brokers gets a far better rate anyway.

"Diversification" is the answer …., I have all , but also a big part cash ….a in last resort cash is king and Gold Emperor ...

Plastic and bank accounts can be blocked at a flash for any valid or non valid reason....even all my money is pure with as snow  …, I don't like a Government to know it all , don't trust your governments for 100 % ,just for 90% ,since they stepped of from the Gold standard ,….now they can print and print...print...print

Edited by david555

Hello out there on this beautiful day.

Please allow me to ask a relevant question regarding this topic.

If bringing a stack of cash out of Thailand, properly declared

as stated by law. Bringing it to one specific country in Europa,

e g Sweden but with a first stop in Germany, where should it

be declared? 

Thank's

Rasmus

On 9/28/2019 at 10:16 AM, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Why would you need to prove where less than 10k came from if the law is you only have to declare 10k up? It's either the law or it's not surely.

The guidelines for the cash team is that any amount can be carried. Amounts over £10,000 must be declared.

Amounts over £1,000 are subject to questioning if you are stopped but not declaring them is not, by itself, a reason for confiscating the money. You will have to provide a reasonable source for your funds if asked and if you can't the cash team has the power to hold the cash until you provide the proof of the source of the money. In all probability proof to a magistrate and within a few days but not usually more than 30 days.

My chat with the cash team was pleasant, and while I didn't have all my withdrawal receipts my reason for carrying the cash I did were accepted with no 3rd degree questions.

7 hours ago, gammelnok said:

Hello out there on this beautiful day.

Please allow me to ask a relevant question regarding this topic.

If bringing a stack of cash out of Thailand, properly declared

as stated by law. Bringing it to one specific country in Europa,

e g Sweden but with a first stop in Germany, where should it

be declared? 

Thank's

Rasmus

You declare it wherever you go through immigration and customs, so if you enter Germany that is where.

But if you are in International transit in Germany you probably declare in Sweden. However you should ask for a customs form for Germany on your flight in and put it on that, so if asked for the form you have it ready to submit.