ExGirlfriend Holding My Stuff At Randsome

ExpatLife

Just now, JaiLai said:

So get walked all over then, thought so - thanks for confirming that.

If you wish to put it that way then yes. Its not a who has the biggest knob competition. 

The alternatives are potentially a lot worse than a bit of swallowed pride and iPad/camera. 

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

If you wish to put it that way then yes. Its not a who has the biggest knob competition. 

The alternatives are potentially a lot worse than a bit of swallowed pride and iPad/camera. 

No one mentioned knobs.....

It's an iMac, a $3000 machine <deleted>, not a 2000 baht camera, but it's the principle anyway...

How do you know what the potential alternatives are?

• Confused 1

Sorry but I think you first mistake is going to police.

This only get her more pumped up if she find out about that and probably destroy the stuff in anger.

Because my little experience in stuff like this is first thing Thai police to ask you is

"what did you do to her?"

they not believe you and mostly side with the Thai anyway because for them thinking its always the farangs out doing stupid drunken stuff.

So knowing what actually lead up to all this might change peoples advices.

I would say just let her simmer down, soften her up with some few thousand baht worth of gift, then as the many poster said,

Do a BS make-up..get the stuff back and then do some Forrest Gump running.

But Of course if the big stuff went down before and if you did some questionable stuff then maybe none of any advices will work and just accept your stuff is toast!

1 hour ago, ExpatLife said:

my ex has ALL of my stuff. What is the best way to move forward here??

Should have asked for advice before, answer would have been move out while she's at work/visiting someone, dump her by SMS.

You're lucky she's negotiating, a lot of the ladies would have destroyed it all, passport first.

Tell her you want her back, move back in, do it right next time.

Edited by BritManToo

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wonder how many of the people here who "know" the police won't help have any personal experience with the Thai police.

Yes, will be interesting to see what the results are after the OP goes to the police station with his thai friend to inquire about his belongings / ransom (believe OP said he was going this morning) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

And if she has some friends with baseball bats living with her now.  What then? 

Just take the beating like a man?

Sounds like you are making excuses for yourself, this aint a film I highly doubt you will be clubbed to death somehow. You tried the right approach initially which didn't help so now it's time to take the gloves off.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Sounds like you are making excuses for yourself, this aint a film I highly doubt you will be clubbed to death somehow. You tried the right approach initially which didn't help so now it's time to take the gloves off.

I am not the OP.  But as the OP mentioned earlier, the house where they lived is in her name.  So if he enters it uninvited he is either trespassing or breaking and entering.   The OP is going to the police station with a friend this morning to find out how he can get his things back.  Maybe it will be resolved, maybe he will have to try an alternative method, something like you suggested (agree likely no friends with clubs waiting)