Despite all the Frustrations - You have Just Got to Love Thailand

Pilotman

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Good that you still feel the need to come on here. All welcome. 

No website such PhilippinesVisa because a blind retard can sort out 3 year stay without leaving the country.

No issues, no parole 90 day reporting, no sleeping in different house reporting, no refusals of entry for no reason. And when you go immi to extend visa they smile and are polite.

Edited by HeyHeyHey
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HeyHeyHey said:

You have not been there recently, if ever

In my last job, I used to fly into Manila or Cebu fairly regularly, at least a couple of times each month, last visit on business was 4 years ago.  Never was much enamoured with the place.  

Edited by Pilotman

8 minutes ago, madmen said:

A cup of coffee and a egg salad ? clearly the prozac is working. Personally the 4ft nothing 2 fried eggs dark girls That I used to find entertaining have lost my interest. I need to be around east European 6ft tall double Dcup viking chicks again.. not long now

I'd suggest you might find the viking chicks a tad more expensive. I love my 4 ft nothing Thai GF, because she is as light as a feather on me. A viking will probably have you feeling like a tube of toothpaste.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, evadgib said:

It's so refreshingly chilly of late that i very nearly stepped on a snake a few days ago while walking the dogs as it wasn't quick enough to slither away. I missed it by all of 4"!

So, roughly about the size of your old man then. ????

51 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Not really a tough crowd, just a few bitter old men, who have made lots of wrong decisions in their lives and wouldn't be happy anywhere.  Leave them to stew in their own unhappiness.  A small part of the reason for posting this morning was to hack them off. 

Well that too. Ones outlook on life is clearly based on ones choices. The usual suspects always chime in. ????

• Like 1

For me it was a trip to Tesco with my three year old and six year old (with helmets) on a bike though light traffic. Then wandering around the shop getting essentials for a trip to see the in laws in Loei all next week. Lots of smiling Thais looking at us and (from their perspective)  wondering about granddad with his grandkids! The three year old gabbing in English that she is finally starting to speak with some fluency. Then a swim in a refreshing pool, tomatoes and eggy bread and an hour perusing Thaivisa. Pleasant.

It's been home to me since I was just out of my teens. 

Rooster

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

Agreed, (and not knocking Thailand with my response).

I got up at 4.45 this morning to the sound of the Buddhist chants and drums from the temple in whose grounds my house is.  Went for a 3.5 Km jog around the old town, running along by the side of the Kham river until it joined with the mighty Mekong. The weather was warm, not too hot.

As the sun rose, I stopped off at a French cafe for freshly-baked bread and coffee from the plantations on the high Bolivan Plateau.

Then back home to do some online Science lessons for my students in the USA and China, before relaxing in the hammock on the balcony of my old hardwood house.

No cars to speak of, no barking dogs, and definitely no-one uttering 'farang,' (or 'falang'). No 90 day reports, no money needed in the bank, no TM30 and a one-year visa with work permit for $600.

Moving from Thailand to Luang Prabang was IMHO, a smart move ????  It's as good as Thailand, and better.

Interesting. What do you do for female company in Luang Prabang?

4 minutes ago, HeyHeyHey said:

You will be surprised, but here is a secret - not everyone requires prostitutes to have company

Thank you. Any other pejoratives you want to add to enhance your miserable life behind a keyboard?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

a very wild guess is that laos has karaoke bars just like every asian country i know of, and likely small shacks in the evening offering 'massage'

I was asking the poster with presumably first-hand knowledge.