U.S. House Democrats subpoena Pompeo for Ukraine documents

rooster59

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

Executive privilege . Everything that begins with the mentioning of the POTUS name will be handle as such and rightfully so.  It reeks of Political show!

Not so in the case of impeachment. Keep in mind that impeachment is specifically addressed in the Constitution. There is absolutely no mention of Executive Privilege.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Not so in the case of impeachment. Keep in mind that impeachment is specifically addressed in the Constitution. There is absolutely no mention of Executive Privilege.

Mr. Pompaeo is being subpoena, for Ukraine docs,Yes ! Everything directed to him about the POTUS by the house investigation will be executive privilege 

Edited by riclag
  • Haha 2

breitbart.com/2020-election/2019/09/26/report-hundreds-of-documents-conflict-with-joe-bidens-account-of-why-ukrainian-prosecutor-was-fired/  It certainly is. Not the way you think though.
Yeah. Sure. Impeach a private citizen. Good luck with that deflection.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

It is all going to come out . Classic case of the Democrats throwing their own under the bus. It will not stop with Joe. Notice how quiet Obama is? Of course nothing will stick to him. The Dem will protect the chosen one at all cost. 
Oh yeah. That's another good deflection.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

The bombshell reports, activities, people leaving their posts...gives at the very least the appearance of unacceptable activity with Ukraine...

As with all things in US politics, it ain't over...ever!

At least now the Dems have something to cheer about...their list of undesirable Presidential candidates have done nothing to inspire their voting base...a Trump impeachment hearing would rally the troops...

You heard it here first folks...HRC will be drafted into the primary race to save the day!

It was Steve Bannon saying that first. Good laugh. Republicans have done one thorough job of distroying her. Job well done I'd say and i'm an Independent

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Us Brits need The Don to help get us a great trade deal with the US once we leave the EU. I don't trust anyone else to deliver. Nigel and The Don are friends.

The Dems should hold off with this impeachment stuff until  we have freed ourselves from under the EU's jack-boot. 

For a trade deal that will be on Donald's terms, I can predict the call "OK here is the deal, I want all the dirt MI5, MI6 and GCHQ can dig up on all the Democratic Nominees, I want truck loads of it and you can have all the chlorinated chicken you want"  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah. Sure. Impeach a private citizen. Good luck with that deflection.

I don't think you can impeach someone whose not in office (except Thailand of course where the term is used to prosecute and bar someone for future office).

But, won't Biden, senior and junior, be investigated for corruption as a backdrop to all this?

Regardless of politics, won't people want to know the full story?

I don't know American law or process, hence the question.

In the UK we have a parliament seemingly full of corrupt individuals, those lining their own pockets and using their knowledge and influence for personal gain above everything else. Our legal system ain't addressing that - no where close. 

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

I don't think you can impeach someone whose not in office (except Thailand of course where the term is used to prosecute and bar someone for future office).

But, won't Biden, senior and junior, be investigated for corruption as a backdrop to all this?

Regardless of politics, won't people want to know the full story?

I don't know American law or process, hence the question.

In the UK we have a parliament seemingly full of corrupt individuals, those lining their own pockets and using their knowledge and influence for personal gain above everything else. Our legal system ain't addressing that - no where close. 

Any private citizen which is what Biden is now can be subject to criminal prosecution if the statute of limitations time period for the specific offences has not passed. It's a separate matter for what "trump" has done in office in regards to the Ukraine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tug said:

Your hero billey Barr just might end up disbarred lol or even behind bars

Prison nickname: Check

Bill dis-Barr.

That said, he's no John Mitchell...he'll wriggle out somehow.

Although, methinks Ms. Harris knew something back in early May...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Prison nickname: Check

Bill dis-Barr.

That said, he's no John Mitchell...he'll wriggle out somehow.

Although, methinks Ms. Harris knew something back in early May...

conspiracy theories  !

Edited by riclag
  • Haha 2