British PM Johnson referred to police watchdog over businesswoman links

rooster59

26 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I did already do that before I made my reply , I looked back through the thread and followed the discussion again 

The 2 of you are tiresome, wanting to argue about where to find a quote in a thread.

Edited by stevenl
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, johnnybangkok said:

If it’s racist, I’ll call it racist. If it’s xenophobic, I’ll call it xenophobic. There’s plenty of it on this forum. Moron and uneducated? Never called anyone that but I can see why some would. 

There's no point telling stupid people they're stupid.  They wouldn't understand.  You have to let them find out for ourselves.  

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

Should that be 'find out for themselves'?

No.  We all need to find out.  You and I can't distance ourselves from the electorate and pretend we didn't bring this upon ourselves.  If everyone had tried to persuade one person of the right opinion, and only 10% had been successful, we wouldn't be in this mess.  Sadly, in this modern day of social media, there is no common ground, no shared understanding, no shared media, and we all talk solely to ourselves.

This forum is probably one of the most diverse that any of us subscribe to, and we all bring our own prejudices from elsewhere that we are never going to willingly surrender.

SC

• Like 1

I'm away for a few hours and chaos reigns - I have for the record never allged that the Queen would sack BJ for the groping allegations. That sort of behaviour is often associated with over-entitled privileged males who think they own the world - fits Boris nicely. Never heard any such rumours about Cameron save for a student prank with a pigs head (who hasn't!). FWIW I suspect Voris will fall on his own priapic sword before too long as Max Hasting's his 'boss' for 10 years knows only too well.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/24/boris-johnson-prime-minister-tory-party-britain

We can scarcely strip the emperor’s clothes from a man who has built a career, or at least a lurid love life, out of strutting without them. The weekend stories of his domestic affairs are only an aperitif for his future as Britain’s leader. I have a hunch that Johnson will come to regret securing the prize for which he has struggled so long, because the experience of the premiership will lay bare his absolute unfitness for it.

• Thanks 1