While Trump rages, McConnell says he would have to hold Senate impeachment trial

webfact

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, but...

This may make them look complicit and guilty, which could back-fire.

The senate majority leader is a survivor, he'll toss the president over the side if/when it looks really bad.

Yes.. that is the alternative.. it seems from what I've read a lot of influential Republicans are fed up with his antics.. now could be a good time to take the pain and dump him and have time to install an alternative for the 2020 election.. The question arises.. who would replace him.. Pence seems the obvious answer.. but he is implicated in the scandal as well.. he could be a liability.. if he survives..  Where to from there? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I find the two posts above (@EVENKEEL and @Kelsall) to be fascinating, instructive and horrifying.

That's what you get when you're a 5th Ave Trump supporter dreaming the MAWA pipe dream.

Edited by Becker
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, riclag said:

I'm all for a public forum, bring it on. Once all the facts are debated my country will still have the current POTUS that comes up for re election in Nov 2020.  

"I'm all for a public forum, bring it on."

Well, if you were against public forums you wouldn't participate, would you.

"Once all the facts are debated my country will still have the current POTUS that comes up for re election in Nov 2020."

It's not the facts that will decide the fate of Trump but the ability of the GOP senators to continuously getting shafted by him for the sake of reelection.

Let's see if they have any kind of breaking point. 

• Like 2

I am glad to hear that the senate leader says he will need to hold a trial WHEN "trump" is impeached. I say when not if because it's already obvious from what we already know that the house will impeach the current occupier of the white house. Apparently the constitution is not fully clear on mandating that a senate trial actually has to happen in that case but I think it's obvious that they intended for there to be senate trials. Of course he could also backtrack later. I think when impeached by the house if the senate did actually refuse to hold any trial it would shut the country down. People worry about the wrath of the "trump" fans and that concern is founded as his base is cult like and well armed but in my view the senate refusing to hold such a trial would instigate a very justified extreme response by the majority of Americans that are NOT in his minority base. Not violent of course but probably the biggest mass protests in American history. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

If POTUS Trump is impeached by the Senate, will Nancy Pelosi become the next POTUS?

The little amount of revelations regarding Trump's call to Ukraine and other world leaders reveals that Pence has been in attendance among the dozens or so other government officials and staffers. As such he might be complicit as a co-conspirator to any cover-up of Trump's conversations and might be further proven as a participant in establishing and maintaining the secrecy of those calls in the special government server reserved for sensitive intelligence matters that violates U.S. laws.

Thus, Pence too might become the subject of an impeachment investigation and trial! That could clear the path for House Speaker Peloisi to become the first unelected POTUS. That said speculatively, Pence would have the opportunity to work with Pelosi to avoid impeachment, ie., replace Cabinet Members, renew nuclear deal with Iran, reverse several Trump presidential orders, abandon the Wall, etc., to retain his new presidency.

6 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Interesting times, just imagine if Trump survives this. Man oh man, would that be a hoot.

If Trump stays in then Americas in a hole... if Biden gets in you're in the swamp again  !

Xi Jingping must be pissing himself  laughing.

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

If Trump stays in then Americas in a hole... if Biden gets in you're in the swamp again  !

Xi Jingping must be pissing himself  laughing.

"trump" is his own worse swamp but I agree Biden is too swampy and I also don't think he'll even be nominated by the democrats in the first place.

The biggest winner in this mess already is Putin.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

"trump" is his own worse swamp but I agree Biden is too swampy and I also don't think he'll even be nominated by the democrats in the first place.

The biggest winner in this mess already is Putin.

Putin has been the biggest winner since he helped his asset (Trump) to victory. He must have had three great years.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

after a whistleblower report raised concerns that he tried to leverage nearly $400 million in U.S. aid in exchange for a political favour from Ukraine's leader.

Reuters has really gone downhill. This is nothing but complete fabrication. It worse than Rep Adam Schiff's 'parady'.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Reuters has really gone downhill. This is nothing but complete fabrication. It worse than Rep Adam Schiff's 'parady'.

No. It is real. Plus, there is even more coming. MUCH more. 

There’s another whistleblower complaint. It’s about Trump’s tax returns.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-whistleblower-complaint-you-havent-heard-of-relates-to-trumps-taxes/2019/09/30/10835424-e3c0-11e9-b403-f738899982d2_story.html

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

This impeachment inquiry comes a a gods scent for the republicans, as it is their only chance to get rid of a clown without having to speak out themselves

Yes, they can blame it on the deep state, dems, Hillary, Soros.

By the way, I love the smell of a good god in the morning; it's a godsend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Becker said:

The whistleblower report raised concerns that he tried to leverage nearly $400 million in U.S. aid in exchange for a political favor from Ukraine's leader. That's a FACT. That's exactly what was in the report so your denial of that fact is incomprehensible.

Becker,  Trump did indeed stall the $400 million dollars in military aid to Ukraine however that fact was not brought up during Trump's telephone exchange with the Ukrainian President nor was it even known for 1 month following the call.  Additionally, Trump took actions to get European nations to contribute to Ukranian aid rather than just have the USA pick up the entire bill.  He knew once the USA gave the money Europe would be less likely to contribute.  That also has been documented.  

• Like 1