While Trump rages, McConnell says he would have to hold Senate impeachment trial

webfact

5 minutes ago, rabas said:

The rich 1% have been gaining on the rest of us continually since the 1980s come Democrat or Republican. Steep rise during Clinton's term. So I don't think it's a Trump thing.  See what I mean about echo-chambers? Can't see the forest for the trees.

So you're really saying capitalism isn't ideal?

Everyone and anyone has the opportunity to become one of the elite rich in America. I agree the salary of some CEO's is over the top. But we've lost the drive to succeed. Todays young are being taught from an early age they are owed everything. Some are destined to be the follower and not the leader. With being a leader comes great responsibility which many are not willing to accept.

The concept of one generation working hard and sacrificing for the next is getting extinct. I could sell off my real estate in the states and live in a Mansion here in Thailand but I choose not to. I'll be passing my small amount of wealth to my kids.

You say these wealthy people were born with a silver spoon, but ask yourself where that silver spoon originated.

So, you want to blame the bad, orange man for your shi$#y life go ahead. Your opinion of getting a better life is getting a president who promises to give, give, give. The bad rich man owes us a life of leisure. Just because you have a dead end, can't have a life job, keep looking for that next job, what will it take to make more money. All my life I have always been on the lookout for a better paying job, even when I was content with what I had, I always was on the lookout. I never had a new car till recently here in Thailand, always good used cars, whatever I had saved, never had a car payment.

Rant over carry on :burp:

Edited by EVENKEEL
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Ah yes, the famous line which Uncle Ben speaks to Peter Parker in Spiderman.

It's awesome and all, but maybe run it by the president one more time? He might have dozed off during that reel.

Mine comes from real life upon the sea where anyone has the opportunity to become a Captain but few are willing to accept the responsibility.

32 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Mine comes from real life upon the sea where anyone has the opportunity to become a Captain but few are willing to accept the responsibility.

No doubt the president could learn a lot from you.

He is trying to navigate stormy seas, with what appears to be a skeleton crew - he made most of the qualified sailors walk the plank - in a battered ship, and is left to skulk in his cabin alone, sending off curious missives to his "folllowers".

25th Ammendment or Mutiny.

"The strawberries...."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

The usual diatribe of outdated thinking and 'young people these days don't know what it's like to work'.

Firstly, the vast majority of the 1% wealth is 'old' money, with the current incumbents extremely grateful to their parents/grandparents (think Walmart, Koch Brothers, Mars, Chanel, Hermes etc). With the notable exception of the Tech billionaires and similar entrepreneurs, the elite rich still follows a pattern of moneyed families and ivy league colleges.  

Secondly this idea that younger people 'are taught from an early age they are owed everything' is just ill informed nonsense.

In all 3 businesses I have run, I have employed younger people and I have always found those that appreciate the opportunity to work hard, earn well and try to better themselves. This idea that younger people are entitled and lazy is just old thinking from old men. In fact you share your thinking with someone quite famous who said - “The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”

Guess who said that?

It was Socrates in 470 BC. 

That's how old your thinking is.

No one wants to blame the 'bad, orange man' but they are justified in thinking that all they want is an even playing field and a fair chance to move up. But when they see that all he is doing is helping those that already have wealth and demonising the less fortunate by looking to cut social welfare programmes and Medicaid, you can see why many are frustrated. When the divide becomes impossible to surmount, then how can you say 'Everyone and anyone has the opportunity to become one of the elite rich in America'.

You have already mentioned you don't care about the poor so I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears, but America has always been seen as an equal and fair society, a land of opportunity for those willing to try and put the effort in. That becomes increasingly harder when you can't even get off the bottom rung of a heavily biased ladder and have a leader actively keeping you down.

You have already mentioned you don't care about the poor

Please show where I used those words, or just the usual leftie practice of taking things out of context. 

Look at construction sites and tell me who's swinging those hammers, chances are they're neither white or black. Families not staying together could possibly be a reason for some hardships.

Our whole education system needs to be revamped where a young person getting out of high school has the experience of an entry level trade. Not everyone is college material. Trade schools and apprentice ship programs made more available.

Scream about cost of a good education and I'm there with you. But don't tell me the younger generations aren't getting lazier. No more winner and losers in sports, now all are getting ribbons and trophies.

But, everything will be better when the bad orange man is out of office. Good news for you is you've only got a little over 5 yrs to go.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

You have already mentioned you don't care about the poor

Please show where I used those words, or just the usual leftie practice of taking things out of context. 

Look at construction sites and tell me who's swinging those hammers, chances are they're neither white or black. Families not staying together could possibly be a reason for some hardships.

Our whole education system needs to be revamped where a young person getting out of high school has the experience of an entry level trade. Not everyone is college material. Trade schools and apprentice ship programs made more available.

Scream about cost of a good education and I'm there with you. But don't tell me the younger generations aren't getting lazier. No more winner and losers in sports, now all are getting ribbons and trophies.

But, everything will be better when the bad orange man is out of office. Good news for you is you've only got a little over 5 yrs to go.

In another post referring to people who are less fortunate than you, your exact words were 'They're not less fortunate, just lazier. I worked hard for what I have'.

I think your opinion of poorer people (and now younger people by the looks of it) being in their situation simply through 'laziness' is lazy thinking on your behalf.