New Watch - Confusing Functions

JustAnotherFarang

Hi guys

I bought this watch online and I am very pleased with it but I am a little confused by the function served by the watch face. From what I have read, it is a simple world time and its also a compass

Now I know I can rotate the outer (inner) ring with the uppermost bezel and I can also see the N S E W markings but I have no idea as to how all of this works as world time and compass with all the other confusing numbers elsewhere on the watch

Can anyone give me an explanation please

Thanks

JAF

post-20736-1174659737_thumb.jpg

Hi guys

I bought this watch online and I am very pleased with it but I am a little confused by the function served by the watch face. From what I have read, it is a simple world time and its also a compass

Now I know I can rotate the outer (inner) ring with the uppermost bezel and I can also see the N S E W markings but I have no idea as to how all of this works as world time and compass with all the other confusing numbers elsewhere on the watch

Can anyone give me an explanation please

Thanks

JAF

Didn't it come with a manual?

I'm not sure, never been a boy scout, but if you look in the direction of the sun at 12:00 you are facing north. Then turning the ring marked "N" to 12, you should know where north is????

To be fair to the OP the watch, which is a Seiko brand, only has a simple manual on the web, so it might be 'missing' and the model is marked as coming soon, model number Y676-D008

Web Site http://www.j-springs.com

Regards

Ps See someone has already posted a link to compass use, so I'll not add verbiage here.

/edit link //

Edited by A_Traveller

To be fair to the OP the watch, which is a Seiko brand, only has a simple manual on the web, so it might be 'missing' and the model is marked as coming soon, model number Y676-D008

Web Site http://www.j-springs.com

Regards

Ps See someone has already posted a link to compass use, so I'll not add verbiage here.

/edit link //

You are well informed, it is a Seiko brand and it does not come with a manual just a simple leaflet inside a fancy box. My first shock was seeing the days of the week in Japanese but I figured that out in a jiffy and changed it back to English. No I am off to learning about orienteering using it as a compass haha

JAF

I am off to learning about orienteering using it as a compass haha

I t looks like an interesting watch and should come in handy in helping you find your way home from the pub when you’ve had one too many :o

--

Maestro

I am off to learning about orienteering using it as a compass haha

I t looks like an interesting watch and should come in handy in helping you find your way home from the pub when you’ve had one too many :D

--

Maestro

It has got a world map engraved onto it front and back........but I cant see the pub from here :D

Maybe I am not looking in the right direction.......... :D

So now the challenge is to use the compass feature to navigate the world map feature so that I can arrive at the pub and then return home on time :D

I only wanted a bloody watch :o

JAF

I'm not sure, never been a boy scout, but if you look in the direction of the sun at 12:00 you are facing north. Then turning the ring marked "N" to 12, you should know where north is????
I don't know, robert2. At high noon on the equator you cannot look in the direction of the sun. I assume you mean the northern hemisphere. On June 23, the sun is in the south.

How do you tell the directions of the compass using a digital watch?

How do you tell the directions of the compass using a digital watch?

Look at the time on your digital watch, now imagine the position of the hands on an anologue watch superimposed on your digital and proceed as if it were analogue.