Property Perfect sees condo market as ‘worst in a decade’

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

This is just an ¨I heard recently¨ comment.

I was told that recently the Chinese made a deal with Cambodia to basically redevelop 1/2 of the city of PP.

Do not know where or any other details.

And the plan is to build many high rise western type condos, shops, restaurants, etc.

A study said over the next 10 to 15 years, there will be a demand for approx. 700,000 housing units in PP alone.

Should be interesting.

Well if this is true tourist and expats will be enjoying their 100 dollar budget hotel rooms their 200 baht noodle soups and their 5000 baht ST...... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

they did after the Russian Ruble tanked starting in July of 2014. Prices have come back now. 

Prices came back ...yes …. but not the effective sales ..unless the now and then rare one 

Edited by david555

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

This is just an ¨I heard recently¨ comment.

I was told that recently the Chinese made a deal with Cambodia to basically redevelop 1/2 of the city of PP.

Do not know where or any other details.

And the plan is to build many high rise western type condos, shops, restaurants, etc.

A study said over the next 10 to 15 years, there will be a demand for approx. 700,000 housing units in PP alone.

Should be interesting.

I went to Cambodia for the first time in 2014. Spent my time on the islands in the south. At the time, the place was abuzz about a huge project going on the island of Koh Rong. They were starting to build roads and they planned an airstrip and golf course as well as a number of very high end resorts. 

Went there again in mid-2015 and the main Chinese investment group bankrolling the project had pulled out. The dirt roads are still there where they had begun infrastructure development. But that’s about it. I wouldn’t trust too much in the plans of Chinese investors in Cambodia. Or anywhere else for that matter. They are only slightly less fickle than the people in these parts.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, geisha said:

I’m quite sure that Thais will not pay the rent that foreigners are paying. Ridiculous prices, nearly the same prices of an apartment to rent in the south of France. Except that here in France the sea water is a shiny blue, and my shelves don’t all fall off the walls and the windows don’t block. 

Well I would say Thai's pay more

From my condo renting times I was paying a lot less than thai's in same building and floor and less than most thai work colleagues and friends . I had look at lot of rooms that for sale and had tenants and besides japanese the Thai tenants paid okay .
Westerners tend be more aware of value and make more effort find/make a deal, Thai's just pay the price and worry about it when can't afford a meal and 3 months behind on rent ????

1 hour ago, david555 said:

I see many  resales  repeatedly appearing again on Baht&Sold …. but they are still dreaming to get their investment back from the good condo market prices years before ….  and preferable with some extra profit …… the real fire sales go quick …. so I think many are not real desperate to sell  

Agreed. I see many properties that were at least 50% overpriced as new and that or more used. It can only go backwards from here one would think 

Edited by MadMuhammad
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

Agreed. I see many properties that were at least 50% overpriced as new and that or more used. It can only go backwards from here one would think 

As from beginning I came Thailand 10 years already ...I follow the market ….. half year ago this 40sqm Jomt.Beach Paradise condo remarkable was sold for ? (real sold price not knowing) asking price 1250K baht ….and sold in 1 week  , proving for a good price a firesafe goes flash speed …..http://www.2thai.asia/object/jomtien-beach-paradise/3826/

I even congratulated the R. agent with  a 1 week on sale closed deal  , and first time I did that as I am not much liking them in general ….

Don't buy from those who just wish to make more bucks in this times ...

• Like 1