Several foreigners pulled out of Phuket Airport Immigration lines and interrogated.

48 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

The IO don't care what you think. Most of the Asians passing immigration entry points probably have proper papers or they wouldn't be passing the official border. They most likely have a labor contractor arranging things for them. You on the other hand need to show you are legit. You can thank all those who previously gamed the system for making things difficult. If you are entering as a tourist you need to convince the IO you don't intend to stay long term and work. 

They had no agents, simply stamped in as tourists when they highly unlikely. They were not part of the jetset that's for sure, looked like they didn't have a brass razoo  to their name. You must be blind to think it not prejudice. But my god why do people stay in Thailand is beyond me. Far nicer places in ASEAN. I fly over Thailand. I don't need the unexpected expected anymore. I did love the adrenalin for some time. Thats what I loved about Thailand, the uncertainty and danger. To depart Thailand alive seemed a miracle after reading the macabre violent news. Many have no idea how dangerous Thailand is.  Game the system. You don't sound like much fun. Don't like games  555 ????

Edited by Langkawee
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

The IO don't care what you think. Most of the Asians passing immigration entry points probably have proper papers or they wouldn't be passing the official border. They most likely have a labor contractor arranging things for them. You on the other hand need to show you are legit. You can thank all those who previously gamed the system for making things difficult. If you are entering as a tourist you need to convince the IO you don't intend to stay long term and work. 

The girls from a bar i drink at are pinay and vietnamese. Every month they go to the land border xing at dannok spend a couple of nites then back to kl.

They use an agent and definately do not have any paperwork. Some have been doing it for 3 years. Every month for years and no issues.

But i go there for 3 days in jan then for 3 days in april. Last monday denied because its 3rd time.

Edited by Sujo
  • Haha 2

Never ceases to amaze me how many people manage to screw things up in their lives and then seek to blame others, or 'the system', or just Thai immigration, for the ensuring results. This forum is full of these stories.  

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

43 minutes ago, bergan said:

Well explained, well written and divided into paragraphs. So you've either got reading difficulties, a short attention span, not enough time or is a complete idiot. Whichever it is, why post at all?

Maybe he has a life and can't be bothered to wade through yet another hard luck story, by someone who was clearly the architect of their own problems.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Langkawee said:

Immigration is doing these guys a favour. Most are suffering from Thai addict syndrome, they need to get on the road and find nicer places and hospitable people. They won't be disappointed. Think it as a blessing. 

Like where?

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Never ceases to amaze me how many people manage to screw things up in their lives and then seek to blame others, or 'the system', or just Thai immigration, for the ensuring results. This forum is full of these stories.  

Mr perfect living with a salaried girlfriend is opinionating. 

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, Ratt Thai said:

Hi OP, 
I could not find your age or what kind of Non-O you have, so it would be speculation to say anything...
It was either that the IO did not recognize your visa as a Non-O or that you don't have a Non-O but again, i am speculating...
Is your age above 50, and your visa a Non-OA ? then you should not have been questioned as stated in your posting...

Sorry for that. I'm 54. I don't have a Non-OA. I applied and received a 90 day Non-O on the basis of being over 50 and in receipt of retirement pensions in excess of 65k a month - which I supplied letters from the relavent agencies supplying the pensions and 1 years worth of Bank statements from my US bank. Guy at Penang looked at my paperwork never blinked an eye. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Some inflammatory off topic posts and replies to them have been removed,

@ubonjoe

I'd like to say thanks for your PM's telling me how to get the Non-O in Penang. Another successful case. Thank you.

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Maybe he has a life and can't be bothered to wade through yet another hard luck story, by someone who was clearly the architect of their own problems.  

How was I the architect of my own problems. I showed up with an O visa. What did I do wrong?

Edited by TDCNINJA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hydraides said:

Its so busy with Chinese Tourist because Vegetarian festival

Driving me nuts, can't get into phuket town because its so busy with traffic

I think you mix busy with tourist with extra traffic which always get worse every year at around this time because of local residents with white clothes celebrate vegetablestarian festival????

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TDCNINJA said:

The I/O also gives me the stink eye and follows the same procedure, looking at all my stamps from 2015/16

I imagine it was this that set them off

You just fit the profile. Even if you now had the Type O & the fact he later said

" had you entered with another tourist visa (Which I haven't had since 2016) or another visa waiver, I would have sent you home."

proves (right or wrong) your profile set off the alarm

• Like 1

The welcome mat has been withdrawn. The Thai government wants big spenders who can park tons of money in a bank account and not use it to live on. Lots of luck on that. Vietnam is a very solid option for many expats right now. Another case of "ready.....FIRE.....aim" by Thai Immigration.

• Like 2

Referring to others as fighters doesn't impress anyone but yourself. However it may be liggo at your school. If that's the attitude no wonder people get interrogated. Thai boxing schools are mostly visa machines and it's reported that little practical skills are taught. Maybe your's is different.  Show the IO your Non O retirement visa and be on your way.

Whats your reason for simply making things up? Thai boxing gyms are visa machines? They cant even get u an ed visa. I know ofone in Chiang Mai, but thats an exception. There are litterally hundreds of gyms. And the ones who cater to foreigners also has thai fighters and the money comes from the training fees and also the fight purses from the live in thai fighters. Not from supplying paper work for visas.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, quadperfect said:

Sorry gave up after the first chapter. Hope alls well that ends well

I'm not English native language speaker and i could read that in less than 3 minutes. No issue. :coffee1:  

• Like 2