New Car V Bike Study

canthai55

12 hours ago, canthai55 said:

car drivers see bikes, then forget

Very old history goes for bicycle and pedestrians too once there sitting in their comfort zone 4 wheeled box. 

As a motorcyclist rider for some 62 years or more I don't expect anyone on the road or anything on the the road to look after me, I have always looked out for myself.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Very old history goes for bicycle and pedestrians too once there sitting in their comfort zone 4 wheeled box. 

As a motorcyclist rider for some 62 years or more I don't expect anyone on the road or anything on the the road to look after me, I have always looked out for myself.

Yes, this is indeed historical stuff.

There used to be a safety campaign film on UK TV that went 'Think once, think twice, THINK BIKE'.

Been riding since 1967 and that phrase always sticks in my mind. I always assume that any other driver or rider in close proximity has NOT seen me and I behalf accordingly. It's got me out trouble quite a few times.

I'm glad, at least, that here in Thailand they now have an 'always on lights policy' for motorcycles. It's a good safety feature that could well have prevented a few accidents.

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

There used to be a safety campaign film on UK TV that went 'Think once, think twice, THINK BIKE'.

Yeah ???? remember that to "THINK BIKE" never worked really, as I say on a motorcycle think what you think someone might do not having not seen you.

Ride to live and everyone else.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I'm glad, at least, that here in Thailand they now have an 'always on lights policy' for motorcycles. It's a good safety feature that could well have prevented a few accidents.

It used to be that only larger bikes had headlight on. That was OK. Now every bike has, from chicken chasers up. So now for larger bikes it makes it worse as now motorists see a single headlight and think "Leung on a scooter going slow" I have time to pull out before they get here. Which in the case of a larger bike , they don't.

Edited by VocalNeal

33 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

It used to be that only larger bikes had headlight on. That was OK. Now every bike has, from chicken chasers up. So now for larger bikes it makes it worse as now motorists see a single headlight and think "Leung on a scooter going slow" I have time to pull out before they get here. Which in the case of a larger bike , they don't.

I do not agree with you at all. Far better to be seen than not seen. Period!