Non O Multiple Entry 90 day border run?

Im a US citizen with a 1 year Multi-Entry Non - O visa.

When I arrived into Bangkok, the Imm Officer stamped 25/12/2019 onto my passport which is 90 days from my arrival.

I understand that I have to leave Thailand before 25/12/2019 and re-enter to get another 90 day stamp.

My question is are there anything that i need to do in preparation if i want to fly to Manila on 15/12/2019, stay there for a week, then fly back to BKK?

Do i need to get a visa to enter Manila?

Can I just book a round trip flight to Manila and back to BKK as normal and don't need to do anything else?

No, you do not need a visa to Manila as a US citizen. You will get 30 day exempt entry by showing your passport.

No you will not need to plan or prepare anything more than having your passport and enjoy your trip.

Yes, you can book a round trip if you wish.

Have a nice trip. ???? 

• Like 1

Matzzon, nice that's great to hear, thank you!

Do I need to have 20k Baht with me to avoid potential issue when coming back into BKK? I heard some people have had this issue? This does not apply to my type of Visa?

3 hours ago, phungo said:

Do I need to have 20k Baht with me to avoid potential issue when coming back into BKK? I heard some people have had this issue? This does not apply to my type of Visa?

Yes, according to the rules you shall be able to show 10-20k in cash at entry depending on what kind of visa you enter on. My self, never been asked, but always carry. You never know when they will start to ask, so better be prepared with nothin to worry about. In your case that would be 20k for entry with Non-O Multi. As I said, never been asked and never heard that somebody with that kind of visa have been asked.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phungo said:

Do I need to have 20k Baht with me to avoid potential issue when coming back into BKK? I heard some people have had this issue? This does not apply to my type of Visa?.........

NO, You DON'T Need to show ANY Money on you're return into Thailand with a Non-Imm " O " Multi Visa......NO Issues Whatsoever !!!

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, mikecha said:

When you apply for a non O visa multiple you must show proof of income otherwise u do not get  this .

Absolutely wrong. It depends on where you are applying and what kind of visa. The OP is going to Savannakhet where no proof of income or any other financial requirements are needed.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Do I need to have 20k Baht with me to avoid potential issue when coming back into BKK? I heard some people have had this issue? This does not apply to my type of Visa?.........

NO, You DON'T Need to show ANY Money on you're return into Thailand with a Non-Imm " O " Multi Visa......NO Issues Whatsoever !!!

This is dangerous advice. As a practical matter, it is very unlikely that he will be asked to show the 20k baht equivalent in cash, but Immigration can ask to see it. If they do ask, and you do not have it, you can be denied entry under Section 12 (9) of the Immigration Act.

5 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

You have the wrong information. the range between 10-20k, is subject to be applied on all types of visas. So, far it looks like they never have been asking holders of NoN-O and NoN-B visas. The rules say that they can do if they wish. The advice I gave was given to a person that wanted to be clear and safe from all eventualities.

• Like 1