Shock At Post Office.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I ended sending it by normal post and it cost 18Bt. Thanks.

Strange price ? I send loads of stuff to the UK ( ordinary envelope size so not A4 ) and the standard price is 17 baht. In fact 17 baht for all Europe and Australia. America 19 baht.

Delivery time is from 7 - 10 days.

Never register anything and nothing to the UK ever lost.

EMS is supposed to be used for really important stuff that absolutely must arrive within 4-5 days.

Registered mail is about 60 baht with tracking number. ( not used it for ages so might be a little more now ).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Good point, I always ask about things here on Thaivisa, but I thought that registered post was actually EMS.

Maybe you should have used your renowned common sense to research rather than

assume, it seems the person in the post office gave you the service you asked for.

His mistake, in your eyes, was to assume you knew what you were asking for.

• Confused 1

I was at the post office today and sent a 1.156kg package with used clothes to the UK airmail for thb907...seemed a bit steep...

tried sending a document air mail to the SSA in Wilkes - Barr in the US and it was held up by the USPS as there was no customs declaration documentation...but the US SSA keeps paying my pension so I'm OK fer now...both times the local folks 'forgot' to affix the customs declaration sticker to the package and it wasn't until I set them straight today with the clothes that they got it right...I was surprised as the postal service here is usually good, been using them for years...