Elite Visa how long to receive it after application?

I know this was asked and answered before, but I can't find the thread. For those with the Thailand Elite Visa. After you applied how long did you have to wait to get the visa? The website says 1-4 months. Is there any advantage to applying in Thailand vs out? Anything that can be done to assure it goes faster?

Thanks

The wait is for immigration to do their checks and a background check. For those from some countries it take much longer than others.

I have seen reports of it only taking less than a month for those from western countries.

You can do the application online and by email.

If approved and the fee is paid you can get the visa when arriving at Suvarnabhumi (BKK).

Not much difference between applying out of or in the country. It will still take the same amount of time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The wait is for immigration to do their checks and a background check. For those from some countries it take much longer than others.

I have seen reports of it only taking less than a month for those from western countries.

If approved and the fee is paid you can get the visa when arriving at Suvarnabhumi (BKK).

Not much difference between applying out of or in the country. It will still take the same amount of time.

I got mine last month, It took 3 weeks. A mate of mine had to wait 6 weeks back in May.

Edited by esclub
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can also get it at Chaeng Wattana as a friend of mine did.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toolpush said:

You can also get it at Chaeng Wattana as a friend of mine did.

I am aware of that. 

That is an option if here already and not on an extension of stay. If on an extension it means leaving and reentering the country.

I applied in Australia for the 20 year, 1m baht visa, think about 7-8 months ago. Took Immigration exactly a month to approve, made the payment, and the Elite team only took a couple of days after that to make me a member. Then made an appointment to have the visa affixed to my passport when I landed at Suvarnabhumi. Don’t think it matters if you’re in Thailand or not, except I think they like to have a week’s notice to make an appointment if you’re having the visa affixed at the airport.

2 hours ago, kevinmartyn said:

I really cannot see a single benifit of this visa and the cost outweighs any advantage over other types of visas in Thailand

If you don't qualify for any other long-term visa/extension, from a purely financial point of view it actually isn't bad value. Questions are, however, can you trust those criminals and what will Thailand look like 5 years down the road under their rule? That's where they are losing me.

Edited by Caldera
Clarity

Can I apply for the elitevisa ? I have one overstay (1 or 2 day)  it was back in 2017.

And let say you are in Thailand on tourist visa and you have only 3 weeks after extension, and you are waiting for the elite visa to be approved, will they give you an extra extension while waiting?