White House says it will refuse to cooperate with impeachment inquiry

webfact

56 minutes ago, J Town said:

No sense in debating with people who won't accept truth.

Perhaps these people will accept the truth in the poll by Fox News that indicate a majority (51%) support Trump impeachment. He is going down one way or the other. Good riddance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sujo said:

They are acting legally as statedin the constitution and house rules.

The entire house dont need to vote. You can thank republicans for that rule change.

Funny how you consider acting legally is wrong. I expect trump supporters to think its strange and wrong when its done by the book.

"An impeachment inquiry marks the start of the constitutional process in which the lower house of the legislative branch–the House of Representatives–votes on whether to bring formal charges against the president through an impeachment resolution, or "articles of impeachment."

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-formal-impeachment-inquiry-nancy-pelosi-1461224

Since the topic is about the WH refusing to coop then one has to ask, why they view this as harassment!

Get the vote!

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, wayned said:

Trump w2ants a full house vote to force the representatives in those purple districts that the Dems took from the GOP in 2018 to show their true colors.  Once the vote is taken he will go about trying to destroy them with his hateful rhetoric and tactics.

Yes that's one of the reasons. They also want the democrats to rush the process and proceed with articles before all the evidence that is realistically possible to hear is heard. Then they can use that as a defense in the senate that it was a shoddy rushed investigation and a so called witch hunt. Americans more and more and not being fooled by the 45 tactics. Of course his core base is still mostly solid and will likely remain mostly solid until the bitter end, whatever that looks like. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wayned said:

Trump w2ants a full house vote to force the representatives in those purple districts that the Dems took from the GOP in 2018 to show their true colors.  Once the vote is taken he will go about trying to destroy them with his hateful rhetoric and tactics.

the whole Trump hating world is convinced that he is impeachable. Bring it on! Bring a formal impeachment with all of its fixings etc "due process".

Don't hide behind  baseless dem accusations  to sway public opinion which has been going on now and  before he was POTUS.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

So Congress' decision whether to impeach is contingent on the actions of one cable news channel that has a small percentage of the TV news audience? That makes no sense whatsoever.

As far as "the House waited"... CORRECTION. The House is STILL waiting. There have been endless investigations and hearings with the goal of getting Trump. The only thing that has changed now is the name of the ongoing witch hunt.

Now let's get to Trump's family. Contrary to the numerous predictions of Don Jr. and other family members doing the perp walk as a result of the Mueller scam, it hasn't happened. So your assertion about appeals is completely meaningless. That said, if you can articulate how Trump's endless appeals somehow prevent law enforcement from taking action against family members, let's hear it.

As far as being patient, I needn't be. There have been several years of desperate ploys to get Trump. You're the people who need to "be patient", not me.

me senses some legal acumen in your sleeve.

despite what u wrote is known by any 1st year law student dont expect law, logic or reason to be understtod or appreciated here.

anyway all a moot point since scientific scholar, professor aoc already made it clear the world will end in 12 years.

the best advice is for us to get our things in order in the time remaining

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Trump understands it's the electoral college that counts.

Re your PS, I never took the DC bar exam, but I'm sure I could have passed on the first attempt, unlike Hillary.

Then you know the impeachment investigation is legal. If not, you fail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, my take on this secretive impeachment enquiry is that the Dems are 

terrified to publicly look like fools twice in a row. Mueller's report gave them nothing

to prosecute. So they're keeping this enquiry hidden just to prevent people from

seeing through their impeachment sham. I think they're going to drag this out as long as they can,

with cherry picked leaks and no full facts...hoping to build up negative press for Trump.

Desperate strategy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Well, my take on this secretive impeachment enquiry is that the Dems are 

terrified to publicly look like fools twice in a row. Mueller's report gave them nothing

to prosecute. So they're keeping this enquiry hidden just to prevent people from

seeing through their impeachment sham. I think they're going to drag this out as long as they can,

with cherry picked leaks and no full facts...hoping to build up negative press for Trump.

Desperate strategy.

You mean the report which said it did not exonerate Trump of Obstruction of Justice?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Senator Harry Reid, a highly respected Democrat, disagrees with you.

Unconventional smartness is still smartness.

Where did Harry Reid disagree with any of the following?

"Given Trump's and poor impulse control it's not at all inconceivable that he would do just that. Now it's come out that Trump tried to force Rex Tillerson to free a corrupt client of Giuliani even though it was illegal. He's promised pardons to hasten the building of the wall. He's an ignoramus. He has called for impeaching Pelosi and Schiff!"