Has the sexpat scene totally destroyed the dating scene for 20s-30s farang? (Younger guys not getting any love in Thailand due to negative association)

Genmai

50 minutes ago, donnacha said:

Seriously. German soldiers could manage that with shop girls in occupied France, it is just a natural thing between men and women.

seriously, you couldnt come up with a better parallel than this?

49 minutes ago, balo said:

Maybe because Thais do not like foreigners really, only if you have a fat wallet?  

thank heaven your experience is not universal, though it speaks more about you than it does about Thais.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

If you refer to yourself as a farang then you are a loser. It is not polite

A person from a different country

ชาวต่างชาติ..

Chaw chang Chati

is the polite term.

Anway you should be paying for sex in Thailand not trying to get it for free unless you are on the marriage route.

I can't help laughing when i read, "Anyway you should be paying for sex in Thailand not trying to get it for free......."

I did my maths and found out if I get married- (part for sex, part for love) I pay more than If I go for paid sex. Even if I keep a lady and pay her on a monthly basis I still pay less and could terminated the contract any time I wanted to.

My friend too did the maths and came to the same conclusion.

Meet a Thai lady you kind of fancy, just say to her, "Look, (with your lips point to the lower part of your body), is that a gun in my pocket or am I just glad to see you"

If you lucky she could be someone watching a lot of old western movies and could understand what you talking about.

• Haha 2

Super easy to find a hot girl for fun using online apps. Also easy to date a normal girl for normal relationship. Not so easy to date a hot girl long term unless you have a big wallet. Maybe that’s your target? Oh and avoid all these girls who call themselves hi-so haha. My cat is more hi-so any day ????. Then again it’s a rare bred 

I was in a Pattaya gogo bar one night with two of the girls I'd just bought a drink each for back when we were getting about 60 B to the £ and LD were about 95 B a throw.

Three young falangs walked in and I said 'Quick quick, look young falang, big money, they buy you drink!'.

But the girls were not the least bit interested. 'Young falang kineow' they said, 'Him want f*** for free'.

So young falangs want to put their hands in their pockets if they want to make time with Thai girls.

The OP should get a book called 'Money Number One' and read it if he wants more success with Thai women. You're not in Falangland any more.

Edited by yogi100
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I’m a little late here but any women wants to be taken care of. They think and are right young guys just want it for free. Like the other guy said unless you want to support her and her family just pay for it. They can smell no money a mile away. Just saying. 

• Like 2

I think poorer Thai ladies don't care much about the age of a Farang guy too much as long as he can support them. True love with a young handsome Farang guy without money would be expensive. There is nothing wrong with this. I fully understand them. They can't afford true love for the feeling of love alone. They need money for themselves and their family. And if the young Farang guy got enough sex and needs a change he might dissappear very quickly. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Haha.  I agree.  Yes.  Wait till you have real money and a pension to date a "regular" girl, then marry her, have babies, build her a house, and live happily ever after.

That's if he can still rise to the occasion. We're not all Charlie Chaplin.

• Like 1

I think you need to adjust your question. What do young guys have to offer young Thai women would be better ? Unless you have inherited money, have a reasonable job here then you really have no backing. Why would a Thai girl - looking for security - want to date someone that could not support her - and usually her children ? And in all likelihood be flying off and leaving her as they needed to work for a living ? 

My wife also once told me that Thai women avoided young farang men as there was far less chance an older man would cheat on her. 

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

honestly now, how could you even begin to pretend you are in a position to know this.

Be fair MTP he did start his post with the word 'Methink' even though it's not even a real word.

• Sad 1

The main problem here is the OP is trying to homogenise the thoughts of 30 odd million women into a single conscience stream. 

There is no 'right or wrong' here. 

I remember a time (1980s) when it was almost impossible to meet, let alone date 'normal' Thai women. (I'm that old) as there was the popular connotation that Thai woman + Western bloke = hooker. Thankfully that mindset is a thing of the past, though still exists in some older Thais. 

To address the OP's question, no is my answer. It is easy to blame 'sexpats' and 'sex tourists' for our failings. Every generation blames the one before, as the saying goes.

My advice would be try not to 'overthink' the issue, be yourself, and see what rolls along. It sounds like you're having a 'barren spell'. Don't let it get you down. Even Warren Beatty has those. I'd say don't try and force the issue. If you are low on confidence, try the 'bad girl' route until your 'mojo' comes back.

Meeting 'good local girls' has been the 'Holy Grail' of expat life for decades (across the globe) some have more luck than others. Take the experiences of others with a pinch of salt. 'Good girl' tales are the expat equivalent of 'Angler's tales' i.e. often highly embellished.

Bottom line is that I'm sure that if you fill the criteria of being a 'good catch' in your home country, it will only be a matter of time until you're clicking in Thailand. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

" he did start his post with the word 'Methink' even though it's not even a real word."

William Shakespeare's Hamlet,  "The lady doth protest too much, methinks" 

Edited by Skallywag
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, IvorLott said:

If you are low on confidence, try the 'bad girl' route until your 'mojo' comes back.

If the guy is in his "20's - 30's" and lost his mojo, maybe its a lost cause, time to re-think celibacy ???? 

• Haha 1