Advice regarding UK visa please.

Help please, i have £12300 pa pension an invitation to stay in the UK my wife has previously held a spouse visa and NI number and left in a timely manor when it expired, my pension is short of the financial requirement how much savings do i need to show and i understand that will need to be shown for at least 6 months. Many thanks for any informative comments  

You can check this doc regarding the financial requirement

7.2.2. At the entry clearance/initial leave to remain stage and the further leave stage, the amount of cash savings above £16,000 must be divided by 2.5 (to reflect the 2.5 year or 30- month period before the applicant will have to make a further application) to give the amount which can be used in meeting the financial requirement. The following equation is to be used:

(x minus 16,000) divided by 2.5 = y

Where x is the total amount of cash savings held by the applicant, their partner, or both jointly for at least the 6 months prior to the date of application and under their control.

And y is the amount which can be used towards the financial requirement.

As far as I can see you are £6300 short of the £18600 needed per year.   What that means in terms of cash savings required to make up the shortfall is £31750.

Archived