Forum upgrade in progress! ×

I had a multi-entry visa and they didn't accept it

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Say what! Explain what does your home country afford Thai tourists. With my Thai partner we visit Japan twice a year as Thai can obtain 15 day visa exempt. Even then the return fight is required to get on the departing flight. Have taken her to OZ many times. That was MANY page application with me as sponsor. I give up trying to take her to Europe etc. Just too hard. 

Even with her multi entry 12 to Au....do you think I could fly her to say Singapore for w/e then return. Do 4 times in a year. NO!

Get over yourself. 

Are you saying that you think your Thai person cannot go to Singapore?   Because they can, it is part of ASEAN.

4 hours ago, amykat said:

Are you saying that you think your Thai person cannot go to Singapore?   Because they can, it is part of ASEAN.

My Thai partner was suddenly denied entry to Singapore on about the fourth trip. Put on a plane and sent back to Thailand. Hint. Singapore IOs think all Thais come to Singapore to work in Geylang.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mngmn said:

My Thai partner was suddenly denied entry to Singapore on about the fourth trip. Put on a plane and sent back to Thailand. Hint. Singapore IOs think all Thais come to Singapore to work in Geylang.

Because of excellent reputation Thailand has gained by opening brothels (aka bars) all over the country. 

Edited by onera1961
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

Because of excellent reputation Thailand has gained by opening brothels (aka bars) all over the country. 

Again with the brothels! Get over it. Thaivisa is not for preaching. It is to assist and give constructive advice.  How many times you going to type "bars aka brothels". 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, amykat said:

You miss my point. If my Thai partner applied for tourist visa class 600 to OZ she would be given 12 month multi entry. Each entry up to 3 month. She could not stay oz 3 month then fly to Singapore and return then repeat 4 times. Meaning border bounce to remain in oz for 1 year minus few days. 

Many farang in los are abusing the generous tourist visa and visa exempt afforded to them.

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My bananas were free, gf turned up with them, only needed 1

Chocolate sauce "Teapot" brand from 7-11.

Egg 3bt, flour 24bht/Kg (70gm approx 2bht), milk 150ml 5bht.

How much for the gas to cook it with!

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You miss my point. If my Thai partner applied for tourist visa class 600 to OZ she would be given 12 month multi entry. Each entry up to 3 month. She could not stay oz 3 month then fly to Singapore and return then repeat 4 times. Meaning border bounce to remain in oz for 1 year minus few days. 

Australia probably has a written rule limiting this in some way, Thailand doesn't have this.

Somebody from a poor country also has a much higher motivation to go to a rich country and work there illegally, than somebody from a rich country going to a poor country.

33 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Many farang in los are abusing the generous tourist visa and visa exempt afforded to them.

You call it "abuse" so how exactly are farangs who stay repeatedly in Thailand on tourist visas hurt Thailand?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jackdd said:

You call it "abuse" so how exactly are farangs who stay repeatedly in Thailand on tourist visas hurt Thailand?

Its not about "hurt Thailand" ... Thailand offers many options to live ongoing. Yes for under 50 they do not have the retirement option. This ping pong debate about amount of time someone can spend in Thailand on tourist visas and visa exempt etc has been done to death. The fact is Thailand has changed its attitude. My first few years in los were just using VE. Since I was going to Saigon every month I just got visa exempt stamp every month. Eventually that changed. I obtained triple entry TV (when they existed) next time I tried I was told that since live in los I need obtain non o..

Etc etc. In those days younger folk were joking about they had been living in los on ED visa (never attending a class) Now most consulates only issue one. Or perhaps issue with void stamp if history of living in los. Thailand have a eye on huge increase in tourist numbers from India and of course China.

In future the options for under 50 will be elite visa, married to Thai, parent of a thai. Think that's about it. Maybe put liquid paper on the word FUTURE. 

25 minutes ago, jackdd said:

So they are not "abusing" it then, because they aren't causing something bad on somebody or something.

Abuse can refer to misuse.

I regard the use of tourist visas and visa exempt and repeated ed visas as a misuse. Or abuse. It appears thai imm also see it this way.

Also you refer to OZ most likely having rules relating to how many days of a 12 month multi can be spent in au. My partner has had a few. I cannot find any such rule. However i dont think entering au and every 3 months then fly to say KL for weekend and return to au would work. Happy to stand corrected.

Also Thai can obtain 15 day visa exempt to Japan. I cannot find any rule that states how many per year or how many days between entries etc. Would like to see how she would get on with imm if she just kept returning every 15 day back to back.

Point is clearly they are designed for tourists. 

Living in los ongoing without appropriate visa is abuse of what they were intended for.

Edited by DrJack54

Although I am married to a Thai and have 3 children, I have had this problem before as I was working in Libya on a 10/2 rotation which did not allow me to come back and extend my 1 year permit to stay. I therefore had to come in as a tourist to visit my family 4 times a year for 6 years. On one occasion they refused me entry on the basis that I was not a genuine tourist (technically correct) but there is no solution to this problem. Fortunately the head of DMK Immigration was a close friend of mine and I told them I was supposed to meet him that week (true) and they let me through. There does not seem to be any way around the problem when you have a Thai girlfriend of wife and family here, but work overseas. They do not accept that you are a genuine tourist, which you are not.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BritTim said:
17 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

They have elite visas for those folks who can afford to holiday for many months....

I have resisted responding to this point, but can no longer control myself.

It is simply ridiculous to say that someone who has spent a few months in Thailand, and decides they like it enough to come again for a few more months should only have the option of applying for a five year visa costing 500,000 baht which may take four months to be granted.

The Thailand Elite visa is a good option for someone who has spent enough time in the country that they can commit to early retirement in Thailand. It is not suitable for people of leisure who want to spend the next few months in Thailand.

You've taken the 'visa woes' out of context... 

Someone coming here for a 2-3 month stay can get an ME Tourist Visa, they won't face issues. 

It is is the 'Long Termer' who is facing issues, i.e. the person who wants to stay longer than 6 months or so. This person then falls into an as yet unclassified Visa category outside of 'Tourist'.

Immigration have made provisions for such people who wish to stay long term, so no complaints there except for the cost (you may have exaggerated processing time). 

As you pointed out [Thai Elite is not suitable for people of leisure who want to spend the next few months in Thailand] agreed, a Tourist Visa is and those wishing to stay the next 'few' [2-3] months should have no issues whatsoever. 

I am sympathetic towards people who have lived here and now this unclear tightening of the Visa tolerances places some people in limbo. It's tough for some below 50, especially if they don't want to get the Elite Visa (or are too close to 50 to make it worth while) they then have to get creative with EdVisas etc.

23 minutes ago, Estrada said:

Although I am married to a Thai and have 3 children, I have had this problem before as I was working in Libya on a 10/2 rotation which did not allow me to come back and extend my 1 year permit to stay. I therefore had to come in as a tourist to visit my family 4 times a year for 6 years. On one occasion they refused me entry on the basis that I was not a genuine tourist (technically correct) but there is no solution to this problem. Fortunately the head of DMK Immigration was a close friend of mine and I told them I was supposed to meet him that week (true) and they let me through. There does not seem to be any way around the problem when you have a Thai girlfriend of wife and family here, but work overseas. They do not accept that you are a genuine tourist, which you are not.

Just wondering aloud here: Wouldn't renaming tourist visas as visit visas not provide a way out for all concerned?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BritTim said:

I have resisted responding to this point, but can no longer control myself.

It is simply ridiculous to say that someone who has spent a few months in Thailand, and decides they like it enough to come again for a few more months should only have the option of applying for a five year visa costing 500,000 baht which may take four months to be granted.

The Thailand Elite visa is a good option for someone who has spent enough time in the country that they can commit to early retirement in Thailand. It is not suitable for people of leisure who want to spend the next few months in Thailand.

Well, tell me how non-EU citizens or Thais could visit the UK for many months a year? Impossible.

RAZZ

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, RAZZELL said:

Well, tell me how non-EU citizens or Thais could visit the UK for many months a year? Impossible.

RAZZ

The visas issued to them are valid for 6 months and are multi entry.

A 10 year multi can be issued for UK.

Edited by overherebc

On 10/11/2019 at 6:14 PM, hereforgood said:

But he had a good multi-entry visa it is just more proof that the rules are different at the different offices. One place issues a legal multi-entry visa and another branch of the Immigration decides to not only reject it but change it   

Immigration doesn't issue visas, embassies/consulates do. 

10 hours ago, mngmn said:

No they don't flights are full of Thai's flying in and out of Singapore on a daily basis... but.... if it 'walks like a duck....'  (just sayin').

I can easily spot the hookers on the flights to Singapore (and other regional flights), I'm sure Immigration can do so far more readily.... 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

RAZZ

Easy.. My Wife has a 10 year UK Visa. 

She can visit for up to 6 months per entry.

I imagine this could become troublesome if flying in for 6 months and then doing a Visa run and returning for another 6 months straight away (effectively staying there all year).

We visit twice per year, usually for a month in the summer and a couple of weeks over Christmas - never an issue.

So, there you have it.. it would easily be possible for my Wife to stay in the UK for a 5 month spell. Thats many months right? or did you mean something more along the lines 7-12 months a year?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SteveK said:

Thai bacon is absolutely grotten, I can't believe that any self-respecting farang would ever touch the stuff.

I bring streaky bacon from Friendship Supermarket in Pattaya back to the UK with me.

It knocks spots off the saturated muck available in Britain which must contain about 8% water and which you can see in the grill pan or frying pan when you've cooked it. It even admits it contains water on the packaging!

On 10/12/2019 at 12:06 PM, andy72 said:

Brilliant steered it away from METV
To a shopping list with prices no less ????

I'm veggie so din't touch the bacon
I'm cheap so I get the yellow reduced label milk @ tesco's ????  for my healthy multigrain vegetarian lifestyle , Ive tried the soya on my oats theres limits to what a man can endure

Lets put a bit of perspective
50 dead chinese on a boat in phuket out of 10 million thats pretty low
under normal circumstances PRC would be very unhappy no other nation has killed as many Chinese in recent times, they don't like that. 

OP showed us his stamp 
was it first visit on the METV or second 
how long has he been here in 2019 
did he ext

out of the remaining 20 million visitors the number of refused troublesome entries is damned small
TVF is a pretty small universe 

my last passport was like a thai visa stamp book collection
got pulled hassled once cnx still got in 
didnt have 20k got marched to atm though
did have an exit ticket

never had an ed, non o- ret, always exempt or setv actually had a few detv ah the good old days.
endless border runs in out $10 or 500 baht good old uncle sam discount

just go with the flow dont sweat it 
most refusals come without adequate back stories

we dont know what attitude they gave the io

oh, & not a brothel addict 
its durian for me along with a multitude of other fruits
never set foot in sin city

What is or who is PRC when it's been decoded?

On 10/12/2019 at 12:33 PM, johnny1966 said:

How about those living here on multi o visas (marriage) or retirement visas?

Well if they're British tell 'em not to come back to the UK because it's full up. There's no room for them.

Even the Sally Army has had the receivers in!

15 minutes ago, Markphuket said:

To me this looks like your visa has

been accepted and got the correct 60

days on arrival for a METV, where is

the part saying it been turned into a

single entry visa!

My suspicion is that there is no actual change to the visa. However, if he tries to enter again at the same airport using this visa, they may well deny him entry. I suspect they were trying to claim that he would not be admitted at any crossing using this visa, which I believe is currently not true.

• Like 1