OA extension and health insurance

17 minutes ago, lupin said:

I have a similar policy with Pacific Cross... does the outpatient entry have wording similar to "normal and customary"? I took that to mean essentially all charges up to overall policy limit.

Yup, mine is same, and yes, I believe that's what it means.

No set limit on number of visits per year or only XXXX baht paid per outpatient visit, like some other Thai outpatient coverage terms.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yup, mine is same, and yes, I believe that's what it means.

No set limit on number of visits per year or only XXXX baht paid per outpatient visit, like some other Thai outpatient coverage terms.

convinced we're on the same policy

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Now try explaining that to Thai Immigration should you have a future OA entry....

I'm hoping we'll hear from PC that they'll issue some kind of OA card or certif upon request to show to Immigration and/or the MFA.

Agree... have no idea how they are going to enforce/implement this at the point of entry

I find it fascinating that when comparing the Pacific Cross Long Stay Visa super-duper Platinum 3 plan with their regular individual Ultima Plus plan, age 61-65, the premium difference is a mere THB 43,390/yr -- considering that the LSV plan covers very little (if something catastrophic happens and/or you stay at a private hospital) vs. the Ultima Plus which covers most everything up to THB 50M per disability/yr. The difference is only THB 12,106 if the THB 40,000 deductible is chosen. The Ultima Plus includes outpatient coverage, of course, and dental and vision, too. The claim-free discounts would probably seldom be seen by anybody over 60, though (due to periodic OPD claims for things like BP medications, regular MD checkups).

Edited by Carolina Reaper

1 hour ago, Carolina Reaper said:

I find it fascinating that when comparing the Pacific Cross Long Stay Visa super-duper Platinum 3 plan with their regular individual Ultima Plus plan, age 61-65, the premium difference is a mere THB 43,390/yr -- considering that the LSV plan covers very little (if something catastrophic happens and/or you stay at a private hospital) vs. the Ultima Plus which covers most everything up to THB 50M per disability/yr. The difference is only THB 12,106 if the THB 40,000 deductible is chosen. The Ultima Plus includes outpatient coverage, of course, and dental and vision, too. The claim-free discounts would probably seldom be seen by anybody over 60, though (due to periodic OPD claims for things like BP medications, regular MD checkups).

I have a Pacific Cross Maxima Plus plan. I think you just need to ask the Insurance agent if you can get a certification for any one of these more comprehensive plans. They may be a little bit more expensive but you get much greater value. You just need whatever mark, stamp, card, or document that is supposed to be provided to Immigration when they look for compliance with the new Insurance requirement.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The whole issue of what this big mess is going to mean for O-A holders who have retired U.S. military health insurance is a known, and apparently as yet unresolved, issue....

And not just military retirees. I retired from the State of Texas. My insurance, after my deductible, exceeds the IP/OP requirements, is essentially unlimited, and it does not expire - at least until I do. ????

David

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The MFA will set the requirements for the visa application.

The police order is only or entries to the Thailand using it. It appears for the first year they will look for a annotation on the visa sticker or near it stating the date the insurance ends.

Thanks Joe, this is enormously reassuring.