Does reading Thai Visa Forum make you feel negative or positive?

sunnyboy2018

14 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Does reading Thai Visa Forum make you feel negative or positive about Thailand,  the Thai people and the expats and tourists in Thailand?

TVF does not make me feel negative about Thailand at all. But the negative attitude of so many of the posters here does rile me a lot at times. I often wonder why on Earth they stay here at all.

However the simple act of going for an hour's walk in the clean air and rural beauty of the Issan countryside that surrounds me soon lifts my spirits again. It's the perfect antidote.

I have also discovered the usefulness of the 'ignore toggle' in the settings section. Certain people who used to really get up my nose, don't anymore thanks to that facility. (No doubt my handle also appears on some of their lists as well. Suits me fine ???? )

Have a great weekend everyone.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1

Nothing I read on here changes my generally very positive perception of regular Thai people. There have always been good ones and bad ones, just like everywhere else on this planet. I make an effort to surround myself with good ones and I'm generally very happy with them.

What I read here does make me despise Thai officials even more, however. Basically a matter of reinforcing my views.

What I read on this forum does not change my opinion of Thailand or Thai's, or even those expats and other foreigners around me. 

It does allow me to recognise how imbalanced some people are in their opinions, as others have put it, I too wonder why they are here. 

That said, there is plenty of valid criticism of Thailand expressed on this forum, I don't see this as a negative thing, just a fact - the issue with these facts its that they are often accompanied with highly emotive phrasing and extreme bias usually by those who lack the intelligence to separate the two [facts & emotion].

Then you have the posters who would take one word or phrase from someones post, exaggerate it, take it out of context and either deliberately misunderstand, misunderstand because they are dumb or change the context because all they want to do is argue but lack the complete set of intellectual tools to do so eloquently and intelligently - this is often entertaining.

ThaiVisa making me feel negative or positive? - neither, its a good source of information and it passes a few mins a day I'd otherwise spend reading the same twaddle about brexit or impeachment threats while having my coffee... 

Added to which, there are plenty of good people on TV.com, more so than the prolific but negative posters - everything must be viewed in balance, and the negative and unhinged posters are definitely not balanced.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

The positives and negatives I have with regards to living in Thailand all come from my own personal experiences. Reading TV just makes me realise that I have a lot more positives than many other expats here.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I agree with you. 

5 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

It is very hard not to be critical when mistakes are being made. Obviously it is a kindness to keep your mouth shut when it is none of your business and no one is getting hurt. But people are getting hurt all the time. Not just in Thailand obviously.

A forum attracts critical discussion. People are concerned with problems more than they are with success. Success doesn't need to be solved. If you listen to conversations, most of the time people are talking about problems

I am critical of human activity all over the world. There is a whole lot of stupid out there these days. I love a bit of problem solving. But it is difficult if you can't honestly analyze/discuss the problem. I think there are a lot of people who don't want to hear criticisms because they prefer to keep their illusions. But being critical is part of making things better. Of course being critical without suggesting solutions is just misanthropy. There are some folks that are all storm cloud and no rainbow. But even from them, observations can be valid. And you have the added benefit of pointing out their mistakes.

An excellent response.. 

Start a Thread with , "Everything is fine, nothing much happening here. don't need help with anything " and will not get much more response other than "Ohh That's nice" ,  So mostly negative things are reported or advise for is asked .

We all ofer Opinion and solutions and we often disagree on solutions or offer opposing opinions. 

We can Disagree without being Disagreeable!!  

Why cant some accept the fact that since they have being wrong in the past, could also be wrong now? 

I for one am willing to accept the above fact and and just as soon as I am ever wrong I will be the first to admit it .

Unfortunately (well actually fortunately for all of those partaking in my magnificence) I haven't being wrong yet, but just as soon as I am..........:tongue:

• Haha 1

I have to admit I do not login & read often as it is pretty depressing.

But when in the USA I do not watch or listen to the News either for the same reason.

Over the years TVF has also been a resource for official visa steps/info etc.

Other than that I do not view it as a relaxing social type platform

Edited by meechai

Positive, for the following reasons:

1/ Excellent resources for various topics, e.g. visas, electrical wiring, medical. They know who they are.

2/ Some very witty posters.

3/ Quixotic news items. Truth can be stranger than fiction sometimes.

• Thanks 1

Thai Visa is a good source of vital information and news, which is the positive side.

After that we have all the complainers which is the negative side.

Although, it serves a purpose and stands as a positive thing for me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The news articles are fine to keep me updated about what's going on, I'm not feeling negative before reading comments – sometimes even begin with the first post – and that's not negative about Thailand, but the generally negative posters, which I don't understand why are staying here, or just following the forums if they are not here anymore, when they seem to hate Thailand that much...????

I however do read some of the negative posts to see, if there are something I misunderstood about Land-of-Smiles, but I'm still positive happy staying here...????

Many selected user threads are very informative and good knowledge, and by time one learn to quickly skip most of the negative comments, so looked at the bright side of life, it's no so negative, TVF actually quite positive...????

Is this a real question?

Nearly everyone here is some bitter coffin dodger, bald, old, or fat dude who completely struck out back home and holds a lot of resentment towards women and life in general. Rarely anyone here is a pleasant, well adjusted person. Basically over half the forum is populated with guys who couldn’t get laid in their own country and came to Thailand to become perpetual sex tourists.

This is not a troll opinion, I am simply stating the truth, how many times has something bad news related been posted and the replies are always “amazing Thailand!” Or some other <deleted>ty sarcastic remark or otherwise Thai bashing. If you hate Thailand so much, why are you here? Oh right, because you were a complete nobody back home and invisible to women. 

I enjoy the misery here and I made a promise to myself to never become one of these bitter old fools that live here. Currently I’m young and living like a king here and getting unbridled attention from women all the time. It must really suck to be completely invisible and unwanted by women other than for your wallet. This forum just seems to breed hostility and negativity, and it’s absolutely entertaining and ironic to watch.

I hope this doesn’t come across as a troll post, this is just what I’ve noticed here. 

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Happens to nearly every white male as they get older (baldness and weight problems).

How many women do you think you'll manage to attract back home after you're age 40?

Come to think of it, you have probably always been ignored by women in your home country, else you wouldn't have come here.

If you're really lucky you'll die before 40.

Did I strike a nerve with one of the said coffin dodgers / bald fat sexpats? 

Weight problems magically happen when you turn old?

How about not eating like a hippo all day? I go to the gym nearly everyday and eat well, I’m tall, so my calorie needs are high. I’m not some five foot 7, old troglodyte who binges on fried food and cheap beer, so don’t count on me being fat. 

As for the women in my old country, the last woman I was with I left because she was desperate to have a baby and I didn’t want one. The juice simply isn’t worth the squeeze, me being here has nothing to do with being unwanted. 

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang

2 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Looks like I struck a nerve with one of the said coffin dodgers / bald fat sexpats. Oof.

it’s ok buddy, not everyone can be blessed with good genetics. Your wallet can compensate for it ????

No, I've agreed with everything you said.

But just pointed out it happens to every male over age 40.

Nothing either of us can do about it, it'll happen to you soon enough.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

No, I've agreed with everything you said.

But just pointed out it happens to every male over age 40.

Nothing either of us can do about it, it'll happen to you soon enough.

Ok, but being bald and fat don’t happen if you take care of yourself. Propecia and diet work wonders, as does avoiding excess sugar and carbohydrates.

I know nearly everyone in the USA and UK is obese or overweight, but I’m not one of them, and I will never get like that, if I continue to take care of myself. 

7 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

News everywhere is typically negative. 

Yes, I find it best to read only periodically to get news and helpful advice from some knowledgeable members and ignore the judgemental hypocrites. 

Keep sharing. Thank you!! 

47 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Is this a real question?

Nearly everyone here is some bitter coffin dodger, bald, old, or fat dude who completely struck out back home and holds a lot of resentment towards women and life in general. Rarely anyone here is a pleasant, well adjusted person. Basically over half the forum is populated with guys who couldn’t get laid in their own country and came to Thailand to become perpetual sex tourists.

This is not a troll opinion, I am simply stating the truth, how many times has something bad news related been posted and the replies are always “amazing Thailand!” Or some other <deleted>ty sarcastic remark or otherwise Thai bashing. If you hate Thailand so much, why are you here? Oh right, because you were a complete nobody back home and invisible to women. 

I enjoy the misery here and I made a promise to myself to never become one of these bitter old fools that live here. Currently I’m young and living like a king here and getting unbridled attention from women all the time. It must really suck to be completely invisible and unwanted by women other than for your wallet. This forum just seems to breed hostility and negativity, and it’s absolutely entertaining and ironic to watch.

I hope this doesn’t come across as a troll post, this is just what I’ve noticed here. 

Possibly with a few more years on your clock you will be changing your generalisations.

I certainly am a coffin dodger. I have four distinct medical conditions, none of which will kill me unless I get careless. I look after myself in terms of alcohol intake, diet and exercise. Yes, I am old and bald. I embrace my baldness as being caused by the male hormone dehydrotestosterone.

In my case, you are wrong when it comes to getting laid in my home country. It was more that I didn't enjoy sex with beached whales anymore. My Thai GF is 24 years younger than me. She weighs 41 kg, and goes on a diet if she hits 43.

Whether you become a bitter old fool depends on your own life choices. I've made some bad choices in my life, and moved on from them. Let me suggest schadenfreude is not a good choice for you.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1

I find reading on TV interesting and keep me in "contact" with the country and many things involving and happening there. Although most of the news looks more like negative news.  

The only thing what give me negative feeling are Always the same "only in thailand"- writing peoples who appearantly know everything about the rest of the world and so really know it is really only in Thailand. But on the other side find the rest of the world to bad to go back to their own country or another place in the world. 

And of cours the mockingbirds who don't understand or care a thing about what is maybe stupid and silly for them but oh so important for others (Thai). You can laugh and mock about their lotterynumbers, their superstition and believes, their traditions, etc but before being the first to write stupid comments, spend a few moments to search the world and see what silly things your favourit sportsman, neighbour, familymember or who ever do and believe in.

You would be surpriced this is not only in Thailand!

19 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Is this a real question?

You make a good point with most of your post, but I have to say that the vast majority of Thaivisa members do not breed hostility or negativity, of course there is the odd idiot like in any form, but I did a lot of good things since I came to live in Thailand, and apart from marrying my wife, joining Thaivisa is the best thing that ever happened to me, the people I have met, the help I have had from many members etc.