Tighter requirements for SETV if history

18 minutes ago, BritTim said:

There are plenty of people with high incomes who do not routinely leave 6,000 euros lying around in a bank account. If the consulate just wants to see 5,000 euros in an account on the date of application, that may not be a big deal. If they want to see a continuous balance of that amount over months, many might not have that.

There are not many Embassy's and consulates that don't apply the 6 months of bank statements rule with a balance not allowed to drop below 6000 Euros, £5000, $7000 etc over the course of 6 months for a METV application
It isn't a new requirement.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, BritTim said:

There are plenty of people with high incomes who do not routinely leave 6,000 euros lying around in a bank account. If the consulate just wants to see 5,000 euros in an account on the date of application, that may not be a big deal. If they want to see a continuous balance of that amount over months, many might not have that.

I think until the banks start paying at least the inflation rate, it does not follow that people will leave a lot just sitting around. Especially If you don't have a six month look ahead Crystal ball to guess what the next imm. requirement will be.

Would be useful to know how much Thai time are they talking about OP? (let us know if they post any more detail) For this SETV issue.  Dad (in the UK) is probably going to get three SETVs a year x59 day trips, as they don"t do non-O ME visa for him anymore in the UK. Just in case this approach spreads there.

Edited by UKresonant

4 hours ago, UKresonant said:

Would be useful to know how much Thai time are they talking about OP? (let us know if they post any more detail) 

Shortest time what i read was a guy who visited last winter asia about 3 months. Mainly most time in Thailand ( without visa) but visits ( real visits, no visaruns) also in Hong Kong, Singapore and philippines.

• Thanks 2

Not sure how much income is high income but in the USA people making more than 160K per annum have average savings account balance of 50K. Financial planners suggest to keep 5/6 monthly expenses in savings before taking any vacation

Sent from my Hi9plus using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, spiekerjozef said:

And of course they would have no idea why?

I think it's a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand does. There clearly isn't enough coordination between different branches of the Thai government. Which has led to quite a mess.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2019 at 7:15 AM, Lovethailandelite said:

There are not many Embassy's and consulates that don't apply the 6 months of bank statements rule with a balance not allowed to drop below 6000 Euros, £5000, $7000 etc over the course of 6 months for a METV application
It isn't a new requirement.

OP is talking about financial requirements for a SETV, I don't believe it's true. Why should the requirements at the thai embassy in Finland be different compared to other countries? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

OP is talking about financial requirements for a SETV, I don't believe it's true. Why should the requirements at the thai embassy in Finland be different compared to other countries? 

It may not be true, but I find it credible. The conditions for issuing tourist visas vary greatly depending on where you apply. A xenophobic first consul might well decide to make it difficult to acquire an SETV.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 6:52 AM, BritTim said:

He's talking about the METV requirements being applied to the SETV

This is starting to affect yearly tourism, if you come for 2 or 3 months every winter you're going to get caught up in this net. Not good....

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ukrules said:

He's talking about the METV requirements being applied to the SETV

This is starting to affect yearly tourism, if you come for 2 or 3 months every winter you're going to get caught up in this net. Not good....

He's got it from forums,not from an embassy or consulate. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Caldera said:

I think it's a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand does. There clearly isn't enough coordination between different branches of the Thai government. Which has led to quite a mess.

Of course, a massive problem if the left-hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

But in this case, it seems that the right-hand doesn't know what it does. Nor does the left hand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Do you look for requirements at a forum online or at the thai embassy/consulate before applying for a visa? Where do you think you get the official requirements? Think before you answer. 

The truth comes out on the forums. Ignore it / bury your head in the sand at your own peril.

Do note. This asking to fulfill METV reqirements in order to get SETV is not for all those who apply SETV. It is only for those who has "a lot" of recent exempt/touristvisa" history. What is "a lot". That is for consul to decide. 

Website tells following

12. Consular officers reserve the rights to request for additional document as deemed necessary and also reserve the right to reject any application without having to provide reason.

In practice that above means different things in different times. Also every embassy has their own way how they interpret rules..

For Finland this is how things are now. Believe it or not.. Up to you

Edited by thaitero
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Do you look for requirements at a forum online or at the thai embassy/consulate before applying for a visa? Where do you think you get the official requirements? Think before you answer. 

Speaking personally, I trust certain members on this forum much more than most consulate websites on the conditions under which they will issue visas.

12 hours ago, madmen said:

Because people lie on forums. TV is a perfect example

Would you cancel a trip based on that?  nope!!

Well you may not cancel your intention to go on the trip, but this post subject I can't see the point of it being incorrect.

I do take many of the denied entry posts with a pinch of  salt, as over many years, I have had absolutely no issue with Embassies, MFA, or immigration so far touch wood ????

27 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

Well you may not cancel your intention to go on the trip, but this post subject I can't see the point of it being incorrect.

I do take many of the denied entry posts with a pinch of  salt, as over many years, I have had absolutely no issue with Embassies, MFA, or immigration so far touch wood ????

I thought the same before I started my TV account. I had read the denied entry report when first researching requirement for Vientiane tourist visa. Next thing I know I was denied entry and opened a TV account from detention (yes you keep your phone) to write my first post. Obviously some accused me of making stuff up. There has been numerous denied entry report since then. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I thought the same before I started my TV account. I had read the denied entry report when first researching requirement for Vientiane tourist visa. Next thing I know I was denied entry and opened a TV account from detention (yes you keep your phone) to write my first post. Obviously some accused me of making stuff up. There has been numerous denied entry report since then. 

The OP is about the SETV. Every person with half a brain checks the requirements at the local embassy or consulate before applying. There are nothing about official changes in requirements for the SETV anywhere. Who listens to what anyone is posting at a forum when you can check the correct requirements in a couple of minutes if you know how to use Google? 

• Thanks 1