Terror at 33,000ft: Four arrested on Phuket bound ’flight from hell’, one man wrapped in cling film

rooster59

So here is the question..MANY passengers - no matter what the ethnicity have imbibed a bit too much. Problem? Imbibing and having the "normal" reaction by NOT creating or stirring any controversy obviously is the problem here. Drink and not be an <deleted>, but when you lose that boundary, then obviously you're gone. Very simple to me.If you can't control your liquor, then whether on a plane (which is more dangerous) OR simply creating drama, then it's time to step back...that's assuming you can remember any of it:)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Quality tourist coming to Phuket! 

uhhh not only russian

15 yr ago on air ruope flight from spain to bkk , fighting of 5 spanish

20yr ago  on alitalia flight , a druged guy makes all flight problem, when nearly landed in rom ,he was boxing the steward lady down and than ( low alitude) he opend emergency door and jumped to dead

dont wory!! doors can only be opend  at ground or at low alitude/speed druing landing.cant be opend at 33.000ft

... so not only russian happen on uk and us planes and all others daily routine

• Confused 5

2 hours ago, lapamita said:

uhhh not only russian

15 yr ago on air ruope flight from spain to bkk , fighting of 5 spanish

20yr ago  on alitalia flight , a druged guy makes all flight problem, when nearly landed in rom ,he was boxing the steward lady down and than ( low alitude) he opend emergency door and jumped to dead

dont wory!! doors can only be opend  at ground or at low alitude/speed druing landing.cant be opend at 33.000ft

... so not only russian happen on uk and us planes and all others daily routine

Interesting point...

IIRC most aircraft are only pressurised to about 10-12,000 feet equivalent (to save fuel), so "low altitude" could be anything less than this...

..but even "falling" out of a aircraft door when it's parked would probably cause some fairly severe injuries...!

Edited by steve73

The subject has been carrefully avoided by the OP and previous posters (very PC) - but it seems incidents like that most of the time happen with Russians high on dope on flights with Russian airlines. So I decided to better avoid those.

Edited by sweatalot

7 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Sorry but I have a hard time believing your story. The Russian I know would have drank 3 bottles in that amount of time. 

I rather believe your story than the first one, the Russians I know would or could do the same !!!

• Haha 1

Obviously well known problem with the flight designated alcohol free yet the drunks still access their drug. I guess the next step is drug test for alcohol every passenger prior to boarding and thoroughly search belongings and people. Nothing worse than a drunk on a plane except an airline that doesn't do it's job and endangers other passengers because of it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, steve73 said:

Interesting point...

IIRC most aircraft are only pressurised to about 10-12,000 feet equivalent (to save fuel), so "low altitude" could be anything less than this...

..but even "falling" out of a aircraft door when it's parked would probably cause some fairly severe injuries...!

5 hours ago, steve73 said:

If you watch when they open an a/c door, it is first pulled inwards a iittle, before being rotated slightly and then pushed out at a slight angle...

(Think of why manhole covers are usually round....)

The cabin altitude of commercial jet aircraft is either 8000feet for older types (B-747) or 6000feet for newer types (B-787).

All cabin doors are plug type doors and cannot be opened in flight when the aircraft is pressurised. 

Edited by ozfarang