Seven thousand Chinese go to Koh Larn: But what happened to Bali Hai port?

webfact

I did a day trip to ko larn in October 2017. I remember seeing broken glass on some rocks. I sustained foot injury on something adhering to a big stone in the water. Some said it was razor sharp coral, others said it was baby urchins. You would have to pay me good money for me to go there again.

Edited by JackGats
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JAFO said:

Yes, that's the bait... the accommodations. The hook? Because while they took a hit on the accommodation margins they got it all back and then some overcharging for tours, food, entertainment, activities you name it. So while they may go back to China saying they got cheap rooms, they surely will not tell them how much it cost to go to that fake "floating market" on hiway 3 or the silly dolphin show or the big seafood buffets. 

There's big competition back in China to sell package holidays to Thailand.  I doubt it's as lucrative as you such. 

A Chinese friend showed me some travel websites on her phone.  All in Mandarin, so I couldn't understand the detail, but I could see the prices.  I did the conversion to baht and it was cheap, very cheap. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mok199 said:

Saddly Pattaya beach is nothing more than a boat launch and beach rd is just another freeway / motor coach parking lot...and our air smells like diesel/2 stroke all day long

That beats the BBQ chicken smell at our local beach !

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Police were shown holding up the traffic so that the Chinese could cross the road

Picture: Pattaya City Law Enforcement

Hmm, nope, don't see any. They probably did a virtual traffic assist on Facebook.

Or via sms: You, stop your car. Chinese X-ing! And you, too.

We were on Koh Larn and I can attest to the large number of Chinese on the ferry and the continuous boats unloading at Samae Beach. We then stayed last night in Bangkok near the airport. The hotel had 10 tour buses parked overnight. At breakfast this morn Da was the only Thai guest in the room and I was the only westerner. Good thing I can say, “excuse me” in Mandarin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, freestyle said:

I wonder if there will be a time when people stop travelling all together, once every beautiful corner of the world has turned into a waste dump.

Package holidays are a lot cheaper than traveling independently.  

What does that tell you about the majority of tourist coming here now?

On 10/21/2019 at 10:15 AM, webfact said:

Police were shown holding up the traffic so that the Chinese could cross the road and depart from the beach. 

I though BIB had decreed only boats from Bali Hai were legal?  Here they are helping illegal boats.  I wonder why?

23 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

That looks like most of the roads round us, 2000k fine warnings but still piles of rubbish dumped all the time

Which is not going to stop given absolutly no enforcement by the BIB...

On 10/21/2019 at 7:28 AM, RedPill said:

Never been to Larn, never will go either, but I thought it's always been for a day out tour only, no hotels/bungalows to stay over night?

There are about 3 hotels there and a few home stay places. After 5 pm it is really quiet. a few places to have dinner but no bars or other night live. Beaches are really nice but are really over crowded with people during the day. 

On 10/23/2019 at 12:04 AM, Paul944 said:

There are about 3 hotels there and a few home stay places. After 5 pm it is really quiet. a few places to have dinner but no bars or other night live. Beaches are really nice but are really over crowded with people during the day. 

If you stayed there, you would probably only have very early morning, and late afternoon, to actually enjoy the place. 

What does Pattaya actually want ?  A place full of sex tourists, or a place of mass tourism for the Chinese (non-sex tourists) ???  I really do wonder.    ????

Come on people. The Thais are actually trying to get away from this image that their country is a place for attracting sex tourists. They'd much rather earn money from normal tourists. Can anybody blame them ?

How would you like it, if your country was famous across planet earth for having foreign men turning up to have sex with the women ? You wouldn't, would you ?  Off-course not. You'd rather have normal tourists, not sex tourists.  ????

16 hours ago, tonbridgebrit said:

The Thais are actually trying to get away from this image that their country is a place for attracting sex tourists. They'd much rather earn money from normal tourists. Can anybody blame them ?

They will take the money whatever means the source is..... when they close down the soapy MPs that are like large malls you might have some credibility. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Come on people. The Thais are actually trying to get away from this image that their country is a place for attracting sex tourists. They'd much rather earn money from normal tourists. Can anybody blame them ?

Sex workers are popular in many "normal" tourist destinations around the world. 

For many who have evolved their social norms beyond the Victorian age and do not submit to the fairytale teachings of "holier than thou" religious corporations, intimacy is not a crime against humanity.

Enjoying sex therapy, massage therapies with choices, fun conversation with women at bars et al, make thailand a unique and fulfilling destination.  Oh - and the Buddhist Temples are amazing also  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

the soapy MPs that are like large malls you might have some credibility. 

Soapy/Body Massage is what the Thais need to invest in and open in more locations. 

I travel down Sai song often to Terminal 21 to eat at the food court. 

The Sabai room, Honey 2, Sabai dee body massage is where the Chinese and Indian men are exiting from everytime I pass by in the Songthaew.  

Instead of tearing down old hotels and building more overpriced condos, refurbish and convert those hotels into Body massage.  Reduce, reuse, recycle   :clap2:

Edited by Skallywag

5 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Soapy/Body Massage is what the Thais need to invest in and open in more locations. 

I travel down Sai song often to Terminal 21 to eat at the food court. 

The Sabai room, Honey 2, Sabai dee body massage is where the Chinese and Indian men are exiting from everytime I pass by in the Songthaew.  

I think the point was of Thailand trying to 'get away from' the image of sex tourists. These places are blatantly just that, it is what they sell. I don't really care,can't afford them! 

19 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I think the point was of Thailand trying to 'get away from' the image of sex tourists. These places are blatantly just that, it is what they sell. I don't really care,can't afford them! 

True, to be affordable they need a 4 tiered pricing list, Body massage only, with HJ, with BJ, FS.

My view is "getting away from sex tourism" is a bad idea, just need to tweek it for the Chinese and Indians

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I don't really care,can't afford them! 

They can be cheaper than going to a bar, this is why the Chinese and Indians go to them.

Go to a bar, buy a couple of lady drinks, then a bar fine, than payment to the girl, can be more expensive than walking into a soapy, which has set prices.