Large contingent of police waiting to arrest "no work permit" French pensioner in Samui

webfact

Large contingent of police waiting to arrest "no work permit" French pensioner in Samui

3pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Naew Na reported that a contingent of Surat Thani immigration police, Tourist police and Bo Phut officers mounted an arrest of a 72 year old French pensioner at Koh Samui International Airport. 

The officers - many of whom were named in the report - advanced outside the arrivals hall at the airport on the holiday island. 

The French man was named in a warrant issued by the Koh Samui court on September 25th of this year. 

The warrant alleges that he was working without a permit.

Naew Na said all this was done under the orders of Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang, chief of immigration, to round up law breaking foreigners in Thailand. 

The public can call 1178 to report violators, they said. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-22

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A large contingent of police waiting to arrest a poor 72 year OLD Frenchman.

When asked why so many police were required Gen Sompong said, we needed many officers as we were scared the OLD man would turn his heels and run off.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

A large contingent of police waiting to arrest a poor 72 year OLD Frenchman

Please explain why this criminal is poor.

Let me guess, you didnt read the original article as you have no time to learn to read Thai.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

When asked why so many police were required Gen Sompong said, we needed many officers as we were scared the OLD man would turn his heels and run off.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Stiletto heels? or smart Cuban heels given his age??

40 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

???????????????????? so many police I don’t think a 72 year old man can run very fast I’m 68 pretty fit but after running 50 metres at speed I would collapse .

There are a few 70 year marathon runners, not necessarily fast, but have endurance and fitness

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Please explain why this criminal is poor.

Let me guess, you didnt read the original article as you have no time to learn to read Thai.

He did not mean ‘poor’ in the sense of ‘no money’, but in the sense of ‘deserving sympathy’ (the Frenchman is 72 years old, after all).

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/poor

Let me guess, you didn’t read the original post properly as you have no time to learn how to use an English dictionary.

1 minute ago, silver sea said:

He did not mean ‘poor’ in the sense of ‘no money’, but in the sense of ‘deserving sympathy’.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/poor

Let me guess, you didn’t read the original post properly as you have no time to learn how to use an English dictionary.

That what I assumed he meant.

There is nothing to suggest the pensioner has little money. 

Let the man answer for himself.

Ever heard the Thai proverb about teaching a crocodile to swim ? If not google it.

Can’t trust them Froggies ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Don’t matter how old or whatever; You break the laws of any country, yours or another’s and you carry the consequences. See ya scammer ????????????????????????????????

34 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

That what I assumed he meant.

There is nothing to suggest the pensioner has little money. 

Let the man answer for himself.

Ever heard the Thai proverb about teaching a crocodile to swim ? If not google it.

If that’s what you “assumed he meant”, then why did you post such a snotty comment on a public forum? If you wanted to check what he meant, you could simply have asked him. 

Ever heard the English expression ‘giving someone the benefit of the doubt’? If not, google it.

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Like I  said, I knew what he meant. I did ask him why he thought this criminal is poor, but he chooses not to reply.

You want me to reply.... Whats the point replying to a member who for the past 5 years has done nothing but make snotty/ snide/ sarci comments about my posts... I pity you, i really do.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Noooo, it´s because they got a chance to come in the newspapers with their faces and will get a lot of honor to arrest a 72 year old very criminal and dangerous man ????????????

I'm trying to process, why the "SS" contingent had to advertise a sting operation.  The OFC (old fart catchers) might want to spin their successes in a different light. 

If one wanted to tarnish the image of a country reaping the benefits of tourism, congratulations, a total success 

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

His name is John d'Arc.

But seriously, I know I am only 67, but I am pretty sure I could out bike most of the TI fatties and subsequently boom boom their their (under 25) wives.

47 minutes ago, transam said:
1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Like I  said, I knew what he meant. I did ask him why he thought this criminal is poor, but he chooses not to reply.

"Criminal"....Have I missed something...?

Yes, if i remember well, he gave a lift to some tourists to the ferry.. Is that criminal ?

Archived