Too much immigration stress

1happykamper

2 hours ago, 1happykamper said:

Five years in this abusive relationship with Thailand and I'm at the end of my rope.

Be seeing you up North I don't get stressed over immigration anymore we have an immi office nearby also internet now electric and water as well. ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bournville said:

Load of rubbish. Gosh, so may posters are so full of themselves on TV. You have no idea how my personalty is. Just because I am writing here about miserable twits in Thailand doesn't mean i am the same for gosh sakes!!555. I've been blessed and happy all my life! READ my post.. this is about the stress that IM is causing me. It's not about happiness!!555. One other comment was that they spend 2 hours a year at immigration. Load of rubbish. There is a lot more to living legally in TH than just an annual trip to extend a visa. I am talking about the ever changing rules..financials..embassy rules..different province Im rules, different IO rules, insurance rules and so on!! Like I said..other countries I have been an expat in (I've been an expat from the UK for 44 years) have NO such silly forms and reporting rules and have CONSISTENT RULES throughout the country! 

However if you sit on your bum 365 days a year, do not travel domestically or internationally and have a Thai wife to hold your hand for everything...then your life is stress free. And maybe boring as hell 5555

The immigration rules in the UK are a nightmare and change all the time.

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I think the OP's attitude  and feelings are not unusual among expats now and are justified. Immigration is inconsistent and the ever changing regulations are annoying at best.  This latest change, to require Health Insurance for an extension to be granted, is the latest and probably the final nail in the coffin for many, including I am very sad to say, my Thai wife and I. At 71 the premium for health insurance for me is over US$20,000 per year, I can pay that, but I refuse to do so, for a near useless policy. As to Thais, I find them friendly and welcoming, part from an isolated  few.  They are not the problem, this xenophobic and economically illiterate government is the problem and nothing expats can do will change that fact.  

20,000 usd seem a lot for the 400/40 insurance prices i have seen on tv

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Please go as soon as you can, good riddance. good luck in you new <deleted>hole.

An unhappy customer only making an observation.  Complaints are a good thing. 

46 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

having a great time in Thailand for almost 6 years.

no problems with immigration at all.

no problems with banks. in fact apps getting better.

Thai people are great. Neighbors love me. Landlord loves me.

never understood this expectation that somehow farangs are owed something more just because they spend some money here. so what.

We had a second home there and loved it.  When the army usurped power, we did not want to go the retiree route, as we were still working.  Also, our friends left.  So we are looking for a little place in either Vietnam or Malaysia to call home during down time.  Our dog and cat are getting tired of the boat.