Denied Tourist Visa at Both Vientienne and Savannakhet - Told 3-6 Months Max Stay in Thailand Rules Now in Effect

11 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Be patient my friend. It's coming shortly to the over 50's soon on their retirement visas ????

yep any day now... any day...

yawn.

actually a 50% real estate crash would be awesome (but about as likely as snow over dubai). go grab some bargains

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, khaoniao said:

Were you denied instantly on the day of applying in Vientiane or did they take you to do an interview on the pickup day?

In Vientienne they accepted my passport and when I came back the next day I was told no tourist visa for me because I had already reached 6 months in Thailand and that was the limit now. No denial stamp or anything like that was put in my passport. Just verbally denied.

In Savannakhet, the worker looked at my passport and right away in less than 30 seconds said his boss the consular officer would not approve any tourist visa where the applicant has reached 3 months of stay in Thailand. That's why I phrased it in the title Max 3-6 months because I was told different time limits at each embassy. They did not accept my passport at Savannakhet. No denial stamp or anything. Again. Just verbally denied. 

4 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

I will bet you a tidy sum of money its more like 97% on tourist visas ARE NOT WORKING....

I would agree with you there. Only a tiny percentage who is breaking the law and they should be deported and banned from coming back.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

It's coming soon. None of the visas are safe these days. Wait for the flood of reports later of retirement visa holders being denied entry and/or extensions for some reason. The new health insurance requirement is the 1st step of things changing.

But living in a foreign country WITHOUT health insurance is safe ?

• Thanks 1

I think you are right when you say they do not care. They never have though. Why should they?

I think you are right and wrong when you day things are changing. Things are changing a bit, but if you look at the changes calmly, you will notice a pattern. He changes are counteracting abuses! Too many foreigners staying here on ED visas and not getting an education - crackdown. And the list goes on like that. 

Another way to state that above paragraph, is that there are a few changes happening, but it is the result of our own actions and abuses. You can't throw rocks around all day and start complaining when a few windows break. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

Go to Macchiato de Coffee and have one of their imported steaks with peppercorn sauce, very nice they are.

Funny you say that. That's where I posted from. You spying on me bro? Haha Had the blueberry pancakes tho

Edited by ExFarang

2 hours ago, ExFarang said:

You would have to be more specific. Got maybe 1 hour of sleep on the VIP (haha ok) bus from Viet to SK so I am exhausted. 

Well one quote says you haven't been to Thailand for 3 years and the other quote says 1 1/2 months.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, ExFarang said:

What I do see is lots and lots of Indians running restaurants, or selling clothes and knickknacks or harrasing me for a custom suit with no Thai workers anywhere in sight. Never once a Westerner.

This is true....I have never seen a Thai working in a Indian restaurant and I have never seen a farang restaurant with out a Thai working there....

3 hours ago, SteveK said:

There can't be many, if any other countries in the world so aggressively trying to keep tourists with money to spend out.

The US comes to mind. As does all of Europe. As does the Middle East. Been to all, lived in all. 

Medical care in private hospitals in Thailand is not that cheap—especially when you are here for half a year or more. It is clear immigration is just calling the bluff.

It's coming soon. None of the visas are safe these days. Wait for the flood of reports later of retirement visa holders being denied entry and/or extensions for some reason. The new health insurance requirement is the 1st step of things changing.
Not really, they had to get the Non Imm O-A for something