Denied Tourist Visa at Both Vientienne and Savannakhet - Told 3-6 Months Max Stay in Thailand Rules Now in Effect

16 hours ago, nakluapattaya said:

So entering once a year with a SETV from my country + 30 extension before going to Laos for a second SETV, and stay six months a year would still be possible right?

According to the OP; Possible in Vientiane, not possible at Savannakhet.

1 hour ago, ExFarang said:

Yes. This. I was exhausted from taking the overnight bus from Vientienne to Savannakhet with like an hours sleep and posted straight away from being rejected at the embassy in Savannakhet so maybe I worded it funny, I don't know. 

So- hadn't set foot in Thailand for 3 years. Was in Thailand for 6 months. Told 6 months Max stay in Thailand at Vientienne. Told 3 months Max stay in Thailand at Savannakhet. No visas for anyone stating longer than that is what I was told both times.

That's cool,it did look a bit funny so was just trying to clarify to get a clearer picture.I've done many long haul bus rides and can appreciate how you were feeling.I also don't understand why they don't let people stay as long as they want especially if they have money so I wish you good luck and hope you can find a way through Thai imm mess. 

4 hours ago, hobz said:

a person who is traveling or visiting a place for pleasure.

that is the definition of tourist.

Appearently not to Thailand and Thai Immigration. I would say that they decide and that whoever wants to stay in Thailand has to learn to accept their way of looking at things.

You are right "a person who is traveling or visiting a place for pleasure." is the difinition of a tourist. I hope you realized that is stood visiting, and not trying to live as long as possible on a visa that is made for visiting.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Thank you Exfarang for posting this worrying, seemingly NEW limitation on the number of SETVs being issued in Laos; especially Savannahakhet. I have read all your replies here and I like your attitude and respect your patience with those criticising and even insulting you saying they've never had trouble getting SETVs in Laos before when they are the very people who should be appreciative of your info. and warning.

Thank you. Appreciate it. Best wishes.

• Like 2

So, without starting an entirely new thread, does anyone know the process for Cambodian visas at the Laos/Cambodia border? Inquired at the bus station in Savannakhet in regards to a direct bus to Phnom Penh but was told buses only go directly to Pakse and will have to take a bus from there. That border area does not seem as heavily traveled as something like Poi Pet which I never had a problem with  getting a Cambodian Visa on arrival before, but Pakse to Phnom Penh seems like a remote area. Anybody have experience crossing that border with no already affixed Cambodian visa?

2 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Really! Since when? Thats news to me!

Since a few months. Apparently Savannakhet got too busy after Vientiane introduced their appointment system. Quite sad, really, Savannakhet used to be a very relaxed consulate before.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

This topic just got several posts shorter after I removed several, bickering, baiting, flaming and etc posts along with the replies to them. Time to end it or this topic will be closed and warnings given.

More baiting and bicker posts and etc have occured. Enough is enough.

Topic now :mfr_closed1:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1