Famous Thai musician ‘Add’ Carabao urges Government not to bow to US pressure

webfact

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Not sure how you came to this conclusion but it seems to be way off the mark prhaps you could elucidate.

Read the article . It’s not hard . Thai visa are somehow connecting the two . Would you need to be further elucidated ? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

And his band is appropriately named buffalo. I like Add and have met him before, but he needs to think first. Paraquat should be banned and I am not a glyphosphate fan by all means as hate the company and their iron fisted control, but replacement measures need to be put into place before it is phased out. It will simply hurt the Thai farmers and exports as well as banning the US imports that had used it.

• Like 1

A wonderful idea, maybe Thailand could 'strike back' by increasing import tax on all goods from the USA [emoji849][emoji23]????[emoji482]

That'll "learn 'em"

What Goods?. Can You name a Few. I cant think of anything much, enlighten us on things we need. Steaks all i can think of but thats rubbish in rural outlets, frozen for ages.!.????

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, alan grice said:

What Goods?. Can You name a Few. I cant think of anything much, enlighten us on things we need. Steaks all i can think of but thats rubbish in rural outlets, frozen for ages.!.????

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Google is your friend https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/southeast-asia-pacific/thailand

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BestB said:

Indeed wack another 100% on top of 300%, that will teach the Yanks not to raise 5% in the near future again

I wonder how often you have looked at the tax tariffs not that many are 300% many are way below 100% (still a lot but you act like its all super high). I know your a bit bias at times so facts dont matter that much.

hailand’s average applied Most Favored Nation (MFN) tariff rate was 12.5% ad valorem in 2017.   Approximately one-third of Thailand’s MFN tariff schedule involves duties of less than 5%, and 30% of tariff lines are MFN duty free, including chemicals, electronics, industrial machinery, and paper.  Thailand has bound all tariffs on agricultural products in the WTO, but only around 70% of its tariff lines on industrial products are bound.

Thailand has bound its agricultural tariffs at an average of 39.5% ad valorem, compared with its average applied MFN tariff on agricultural products of 25.1%.   MFN duties on imported processed food products range from 30% to 50%, which limits the ability of U.S. exporters of such products to compete in the Thai market.  Tariffs on meats, fresh fruits (including citrus fruit and table grapes) and vegetables, fresh cheese, and pulses (such as dry peas, lentils, and chickpeas) are similarly high.

Thailand’s average bound tariff for non-agricultural products is approximately 25.6%.  Thailand levies high tariffs on goods such as: 80% on motor vehicles, 60% on motorcycles and certain clothing products, 54% to 60% on distilled spirits, and 30% on certain articles of plastic and restaurant equipment.  Further, the country charges tariffs of 10% to 30% on certain audiovisual products, and applies a 10% tariff on most pharmaceutical products, including products on the World Health Organization list of essential medicines.

Thailand maintains the same list of tariff-rate-quota (TRQ) from its commitments under WTO agreement on agriculture since 2004.  Thailand imposes domestic purchase requirements for several tariff-rate quota products, including nonfat dry milk, soybeans, soybean meal, and fresh potatoes.

https://www.export.gov/article?id=Thailand-Import-Tariffs

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

I wonder how often you have looked at the tax tariffs not that many are 300% many are way below 100% (still a lot but you act like its all super high). I know your a bit bias at times so facts dont matter that much.

https://www.export.gov/article?id=Thailand-Import-Tariffs

No you right it’s super low, after all only under 100 for some????

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, BestB said:

No you right it’s super low, after all only under 100 for some????

Of course I am right, and I never said it was low unlike you I dont twist facts to bash. But i guess we all got different hobbies. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to say, but since the end of World War II, the United States, through its shadow government, has been applying bully tactics consistently in every corner of the world. The list of crimes is endless and it is time to end this Imperialism. China and Russia, for better or for worse, will necessarily have to lower the head of the Leviathan Empire, for world peace and break the debt currency scam of the Anglo-Saxon moneylender finance.
These years are optimal to change the world balance.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Of course I am right, and I never said it was low unlike you I dont twist facts to bash. But i guess we all got different hobbies. 

Of course you are. You always are even when you do not have a clue what you on about 

• Like 2