Commerce Ministry sets up task force addressing GSP discontinuation on some 570 Thai products

webfact

1 hour ago, Misterwhisper said:

A question that ought to be seriously contemplated and discussed in that "war room" should be: "Is it commercially sustainable and fair to our international trading partners that we slap up to 600% import tax on their goods while we expect them to import our own goods at 0% tax?"

Maybe this "flick on the ear" will wake them up before it becomes a 2x4 upside the head.

Edited by Hockeybik
spelling

5 hours ago, webfact said:

On the US decision to discontinue offering the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) program, covering some 570 Thai export products to the United States, the Ministry of Commerce has set up a "War Room" unit, to pursue urgent discussions with affected private companies, in an effort to maintain the level of exports of tax-applicable products, and to find replacement markets.

Last week you said you didn't see any problems, today a war room to find a solution ...
Okay this is the modus operandi of this government, but decide what you want to make public!
You are all playing with the money of your "voters", a game with no chance of winning!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

the Ministry of Commerce has set up a "War Room" unit, to pursue urgent discussions with affected private companies, in an effort to maintain the level of exports of tax-applicable products

More subsidies on the way then !

I have prayed for this for years. I hope Trump gives Thailand a good shake and asks why no Americans own land in Thailand as agreed many years ago (I'm not American) I feel so sorry for working class Thais who should now be getting paid the same as in the West as gone are the days of cheap in Thailand. The elite are raking it in at the poor's expense. It disgusts me. 

Edited by Scot123
Add
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Classic Ray said:

That’s it, set up a war room to discuss with affected companies and find replacement markets instead of dealing with the root cause of the treatment of workers in the affected industries.

if they treated workers fairly, the sanctions would be removed, but that would affect hiso’s lifestyle, so ...........

Nope. They need to remove the ban on certain pesticides too, the real reason for Trump's trade war.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Cadbury said:

A "War Room" no less. This will frighten POTUS for sure. There is a huge inbalance of trade in Thailand's favour. That might need fixing.

So might the human rights and slavery issue in the fishing industry that prompted this action. 

Instead these bright sparks set up a confrontationist style "War Room" with highly decorated military generals planning battle tactics. will they ever learn?

You can't fix stupid.

9 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Well; it is certainly undeveloped, can't even guarantee a stable electricity supply for the most part, no proper sewerage system with Treatment Plants etc.  They still don't have a Submarine or any HST's and many of their helicopters have either crashed or have no parts to make them serviceable !   However; my belief is that every country should hammer Thailand into submission when it come to unfair trading practices like massive Tarriff's on Imported goods whilst expecting zero duty on its Exports to other country's.  Thai Citizens living and working in other country's should also be treated in the same way as we are living here...Like Dog S**t  !

I agree 100%!!!

• Like 1

They have War Rooms and Task Forces 

But days earlier they were puffing out their little bird chests claiming the US move would have no impact. 

CP felt the need to tell everyone only their wonton noodles might be hit

Clowns

Edited by Fex Bluse
  • Like 1