Bookng hotel after reaching Pattaya - is it Cheaper ?

craige1

So, I am going to Bangkok in few days and then to fabulous Pattaya. 

What am doing is, I book any cheap hotel for 1-2 days and then planning to shift to a better hotel in proper location afterwards....

So my question is: Would be alright and will I get better prices face to face as compared to booking via internet OR its the other way and internet bookings are always cheaper !

Guide me plz ????

Walking into a hotel and asking the receptionist to book a room for you will likely be the most expensive.

I like using Agoda...there is an App...or you can Google it.

Enjoy your stay...????

Edited by Puchaiyank
  • Like 2

Yeah don’t mess around, look on Agoda find a hotel with decent reviews and book it up. 
I’d recommend:

budget: Acqua hotel 

mid: royal cliffs / holiday inn Pattaya 

Lux: intercontinental 

enjoy mate! First visit to Pattaya is a magical experience!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Walking into a hotel and asking the receptionist to book a room for you will likely be the most expensive.

Enjoy your stay...????

Agoda doesn't appear to be the cheapest option.

Though they do claim to price match.

On a few searches Trip.com appears to be cheaper. Though Agoda allows cancellations.

Agoda, US owned. Trip.com, Chinese owned. But then SkyScanner is now Chinese owned too.

I checked Hilton Pattaya for one night. £162 on Agoda. £154 on Trip.com

Including Breakfast for two; £188 on Agoda. £173 on Trip.com. Trip.com also has an option with limited cancellation for £182.

It pays to shop around.

I wouldn't depend on Price Guarantees, hoping to get a rebate.

Try Trivago for comparisons.

3 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Enjoy your stay...????

In years past, some negotiations used to work for a cheaper price, certainly if one were staying more than one week.  Lately I am not sure I saw big reductions when showing up in person.  In fact, I am pretty sure they assume you are stupid or desperate and try to show you <deleted> rooms or charge a higher price.  In my 14 trips I never paid a hotel in advance because I always want to see the room first.  Often the first room they show is next to the elevator with its bells, or overlooks the noisy street or whatever.  So I prefer to see before I pay. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreenCurryorDie said:

I use hotels.com, free night after 10 stays. I don’t use Agoda after they removed my negative review after a bad experience at Baiyoke Tower in BKK.

Free night after 10 stays of the same booking hotel & period, or after staying for 10 nights in total of multpple hotels they give you a free night stay?

Personally I've been using Expedia as they don't charge extra for credit card bookings and booking flights & hotels together gives you a bit of a discount.

• Thanks 1

Not Agoda (only if no other available).

They will always show cheap price on search.

But then comes the unpleasant surprise: "tax and service" added after that.

I prefer booking.com where you see what you pay.

Some hotels allow booking on their website through some payment provider.

Typical Agoda, search list 2098.10 for two nights.

Real price 2469.46

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

Always Agoda. Perhaps another place might be a little cheaper, But I have being dealing with Agoda for 15 years now and never had a problem. 

Good for you. I'm sure that they appreciate your loyalty.

I avoided using them, because they used to quote their prices before tax, in so they would look cheap against the more ethical companies that included all taxes in their quotes.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, champers said:

If OP wants help finding a suitable place to stay he could advise his budget and major requirements such as girl/boy friendly, pool, good brekky, near a beach. Many on here will gladly help.

Thank you and I appreciate how all members are willing to help me out... 

Main requirement: Girl friendly/budget within 600-1200 max. (Cheaper the better)

Pattaya: I prefer near Soi 6 & walking street (Soi 6 is much preferred)

Bangkok: Near Nana/Asok BTS

Thx. 

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

8 hours ago, JamJar said:

I avoided using them, because they used to quote their prices before tax, in so they would look cheap against the more ethical companies that included all taxes in their quotes.

90% of the time Agoda is the cheapest even after taxes/charges are added :thumbsup:

And Booking.com is owned by Agoda

7 minutes ago, craige1 said:

Main requirement: Girl friendly/budget within 600-1200 max. (Cheaper the better)

Thx. 

This place is good in everyway, cost, location, everything

4 hours ago, JamJar said:

The total price is displayed before you complete your transaction. If you don't like the price you don't have to book. and you can look for a different property.

Perhaps there are other platforms that might have  slightly lower prices, but for me price is not the only concern, especially when the difference in price  is so small'

I like the platform because it is easy to navigate, with lots of pertinent information and pictures, it is stable, and  reliable, 

When I travel. especially after a 24 hr trip. I don't want any surprises , for 15 years I never had one . For me that's far more valuable than a couple of bahts.

3 hours ago, craige1 said:

Thx. 

Pattaya

near walking street, the mall Central festival and just in front of the beach

on beach road Natural Beach Hotel (600\800 bahts) small but nice swimming pool

near Soi 6 Sabai resort on second road, beside central marina mall and not far

from the new Terminal 21 mall, big garden and 2 big swimming pool (1000\1200)

the 2 hotels are not news but they are corrects and they are on the 10 bahts bathbus

road so you can move easily and for a little budget.

Enjoy

6 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Some hotels allow booking on their website through some payment provider.

Typical Agoda, search list 2098.10 for two nights.

Real price 2469.46

You do realise that Agoda and Booking.com are both owned by the same company, right?

21 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Free night after 10 stays of the same booking hotel & period, or after staying for 10 nights in total of multpple hotels they give you a free night stay?

Personally I've been using Expedia as they don't charge extra for credit card bookings and booking flights & hotels together gives you a bit of a discount.

Multiple hotels, or same. I’ve gotten quite a few free nights from them. Save the nicer place for your free night...

2 hours ago, GreenCurryorDie said:

Multiple hotels, or same. I’ve gotten quite a few free nights from them. Save the nicer place for your free night...

That's great. So the strategy should be to book stays at the cheapest hotels or guesthouses then after staying a total of 10 nights in those, pick one night of the next trip in the most expensive 5 star hotel for your free night. Nice!

24 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

That's great. So the strategy should be to book stays at the cheapest hotels or guesthouses then after staying a total of 10 nights in those, pick one night of the next trip in the most expensive 5 star hotel for your free night. Nice!

The FREE night is only up to the average value of the qualifying nights.

On 11/5/2019 at 6:40 AM, champers said:

Once, recently, whilst sat in a bar I saw someone come into the bar from an hotel opposite to book a room there online. The hotel had told him it was cheaper than booking direct. I had a similar experience myself once back in the UK.

So ... book in advance is my advice to you. Don't waste valuable drinking time lugging your bags round to different hotels.

While it is probably cheaper, there is too much chance of booking a <deleted> hotel in Pattaya. I'd never book over a couple of days in an hotel I hadn't been in.

My advice. Book one or two days just for somewhere to leave the bag, then look around. Always look in the room before committing. Plenty of hotels with fancy receptions and dire rooms. If they won't let you look in the room don't stay there.

If wanting to have company during the night, ALWAYS ask if the hotel is guest friendly, or charges extra for company.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, craige1 said:

Thx. 

Bangkok- Dynasty Inn near Nana Plaza, but there is a more expensive Dynasty not far away.

Otherwise Nana Hotel is just across the road from the plaza.

Cheap- in Bkk! Thou jest, assuredly. If it was cheap I wouldn't want to stay there and I've stayed in some dives. 1200 would be the starting rate for anywhere reasonable, though Dynasty Inn used to have something around 1000, though probably not now. Anyway, look up the web site.

Only one I knew near Asoke was Honey Hotel, demolished by now. Sad days we live in.

Are you aware Soi 6 and Walking Street are far apart?

There is a Dynasty that is about half way from both, but above your budget. See website. They run a van from Bkk hotel to Pattaya hotel. Think it's free if booked room ahead, but that was long ago.

Apex is a long time favourite for mongers, but not my usual choice

Last couple of times I stayed at Lek. Less than a thousand a night back then. Guest friendly and buffet meals if wanted- I liked them.

If you wanted to stay on Soi 6, there is a pub hotel there, but I don't know why anyone would want to stay on Soi 6.

Walking Street area is where a certain ethnicity stays, and it's very noisy.

If you don't mind Russians, far end of Walking Street is the cheese.

On 11/5/2019 at 2:00 AM, CG1 Blue said:

I'd say spend those first 2 days finding the hotel of your choice, ask to actually look in the room etc., get a price from the hotel, then check the online price. 9 out of 10 times sites like booking.com will be cheaper than face to face booking. And you'll have the added bonus of seeing the hotel in the flesh and not relying on photos that are 10 years out of date! 

Good idea. Three times now I have booked with booking.com only to find on arrival that the description was wrong. Once was for a swimming pool and twice were for on site restaurants. One was only a short walk to a choice of restaurants buy the other was miles away.

On 11/5/2019 at 3:04 AM, Puchaiyank said:

Enjoy your stay...????

Agoda?? Don't forget to read the small print.