Bus drivers reminded how to drive safely to Patong

webfact

1 hour ago, fishtank said:

If they have to be reminded how to drive they should not be driving a bus in the first place.

If you did your license test on the office yard, then Patong hill looks like Karakoram highway.

I had been driving a rent car in Phuket and found these "steep hills" a laughing matter.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Well. 50 years ago I took my PSV test in the UK. The training was learning the bus routes. About the only technical bit was learning to reverse round a corner. 

Rubbish. I took my PSV and it is an in depth driving test lasting about 1 hour and the pass rate i believe 65%.

Now of course if you train and lock yourself into one if the UK big 3 fir 3 years employment who have there own  testers, wow sounds a bit like LOS doesn't  it.

1 hour ago, Almer said:

Rubbish. I took my PSV and it is an in depth driving test lasting about 1 hour and the pass rate i believe 65%.

Now of course if you train and lock yourself into one if the UK big 3 fir 3 years employment who have there own  testers, wow sounds a bit like LOS doesn't  it.

You can rubbish me all you like, I did say 50 years ago. It was in in no way an in depth test in my honest opinion. Maybe 30  minutes show drive skills - IN A YARD.  But as I said that was back in the dark days. My son is a current UK bus driver. He tells me no special skills taught other than have car DL and can handle larger vehicle, like double decker city bus.