TM30 needed after applying for new visa?

Apologies in advance if this TM-30 question has been asked and answered a multitude of times on TVF. I've been searching all day and can't seem to find the answer.

So, my SETV extension is about to expire. I plan on re-applying for a second SETV in HCMC (spend a couple weeks in Nha Trang, then a week in HCMC where I'll apply for a second consecutive SETV). If I apply for a SETV, a new tourist visa, in HCMC, once i get back to Thailand will I then need to submit a TM-30 at my local I/O (in my case Jomtien)? My residence will not have changed, same condo. I understand that in normal circumstances I would. I'm just unclear if I need to after getting a new tourist visa.

On a side note, I don't suspect I should have any issue at the port of entry (BKK airport) with only two back to back SETVS? By this I mean I only have one previous SETV.

Thanks!

Edited by OZinPattaya

Yes according to Immigration Head Office everyone must file a new TM30 everytime they return from outside of Thailand. Still the different offices look different upon this, so exactly how they wish you to do in Jomtien, I will leave to the ones using that office.

Edited by Matzzon

11 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yes according to Immigration Head Office everyone must file a new TM30 everytime they return from outside of Thailand. Still the different offices look different upon this, so exactly how they wish you to do in Jomtien, I will leave to the ones using that office.

Jomtien currently require a TM30 when you return from overseas. They do not apparently require one for in Thailand out of province trips.

35 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

Jomtien currently require a TM30 when you return from overseas. They do not apparently require one for in Thailand out of province trips.

Then they are applying to the latest meeting and what was decided at Immigration Head Quarter.

11 hours ago, steve187 said:

will you have any need to visit jomtein immigration during your stay in Thailand, ie. obtain an extension or a certificate of residency, if not then don't report.

Bad advice. Better to follow the rules.

18 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Bad advice. Better to follow the rules.

what rules, the government rules, local office rules of each individual officers rules.

why is it bad advice, how many thousands of  tourists enter Thailand without any knowledge of this tm30, and fail to do the report, and to be honest its the landlords responsibility, they only pass the buck to the individual when they come into contact with the local office, so don't have any contact and no one will be any wiser

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, steve187 said:

what rules, the government rules, local office rules of each individual officers rules.

why is it bad advice, how many thousands of  tourists enter Thailand without any knowledge of this tm30, and fail to do the report, and to be honest its the landlords responsibility, they only pass the buck to the individual when they come into contact with the local office, so don't have any contact and no one will be any wiser

Take a wild guess. You do go to your local office, right. Then we must assume that they are the ones setting the rules.

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

For correct information regarding the responsibility to submit the TM.30 please read section 38 of the Immigration Act, the read the definition of House-Master in section 4.

14 hours ago, Maestro said:

For correct information regarding the responsibility to submit the TM.30 please read section 38 of the Immigration Act, the read the definition of House-Master in section 4.

"House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of
owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act."

Includes TENANT in the definition. According to this then we are responsible for TM30 not the owner of the condo. This seems to go against everything people have been saying in these forums. It actually makes more sense to make it the tenant's responsibility because for most condo owners it would be almost impossible to know when a tenant travels especially for shorter periods.

Edited by Dexxter